Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweban

Plan for the summer

Hi all

I dont plan so mush,
some ride down to Denmark

are you planing somthigs

Sometimes i do, but most of the time i never plan anything, most sundays we just jump onboard and ride in any direction Very Happythumbsthumbsthumbs

not enough money to ride to France from UK, but I hope I can ride my Bandit into the Pyrenees for a few days this summer. Smile

I'll be going over to Italy on the KTM for the Stella Alpina Rally as I do every year Very Happythumbs

It's a shame I won't be home until the 18th July so I'll miss the forum rideout and camping weekend Sad

off to Holland for a week at the end of June.
(Assen)

Plans for a long weekend (4/5 days)to Wales still TBC but It's the same weekend as the forum rideout hence not put my handup for that yet.

and then just hope for a summer Cool

Prob pick up a meet at Scarborough Olivers mount (that would be a good forum dayout)

@Grumpyowl wrote:
(Assen)

Done Assen twice, absolutely brilliant. The ride from the circuit is incredible with the motorway lined with people waving you off. I was still passing them 20 miles from the track. We stayed in Zwolle which is less than an hour to Assen but has a direct train to Amsterdam for Saturday night. thumbs

Guest Guest
Doing a weeks course in April when I'm off, then the following Sunday up to Birmingham for a concert, next day Altberg for a boot fitting, Wednesday son going to Egypt with the school, drop him off, dog kennel, then going over to France where I'm staying overnight at a B&B, then setting off to do a 1000 miles in 24 hrs at 4.00am in the morning. Going to the house in Dept Lot, then doing the Garden, cleaning etc there for the week (trying to sell it) back up to Calais. Then back into work for the Monday.

Thats just April!

Haven't sorted summer yet!!

Well you did ask!!

I work for a college so its school holidays are my holidays!

@Grumpyowl wrote:
(Assen)

Done Assen twice, absolutely brilliant. The ride from the circuit is incredible with the motorway lined with people waving you off. I was still passing them 20 miles from the track. We stayed in Zwolle which is less than an hour to Assen but has a direct train to Amsterdam for Saturday night. thumbs

Yep I work for a Dutch company and we stay in Zwolle when over with clients.
We stay out in Amsterdam on the Thurs night Shocked
Then up to Gronnigen for 2 nights get the train into Assen for the street party thumbs

Rose wrote:
Doing a weeks course in April when I'm off, then the following Sunday up to Birmingham for a concert, next day Altberg for a boot fitting, Wednesday son going to Egypt with the school, drop him off, dog kennel, then going over to France where I'm staying overnight at a B&B, then setting off to do a 1000 miles in 24 hrs at 4.00am in the morning. Going to the house in Dept Lot, then doing the Garden, cleaning etc there for the week (trying to sell it) back up to Calais. Then back into work for the Monday.

Thats just April!

Well you did ask!!

Hehe my english will improve by time I ment ride your bikes on holiday Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

few bikes meets planned. not much this year. just hastings, margate, brighton, detling bike show and ace cafe a few time thumbs

Guest Guest
@sweban wrote:
Rose wrote:

Thats just April!

Well you did ask!!

I am riding the bike down to the South West of France for 7 days and one of those days is a 1000 miles in 24 hrs! thumbs

Hehe my english will improve by time I ment ride your bikes on holiday Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

id love to ride round montenegro croatia etc but just a pipe dream at mo,hopefully going to see more of our green and pleasent land this year.got a camping trip sometime in late summer missus takes the car and kids i lead on the bike thumbs

Not to sure yet, looking at going to Cornwall/ Devon in early June, for a long weekend B&B with a few mates. drinkingdrinking

Looking at going to France down to Maillau some time in July/ August for two or three weeks just me and my partner depending on work. mbike

I would think they be plenty of days out if the weather is any good this year. May do a trip up to that Café http://www.manor-cafe.co.uk/

Keep saying I want to ride down to the Valencia Moto GP in November but I’m not sure if November would be a bit on the cold side to ride all the way down through Northern France, it would be ok near to Perpignan and once over the Pyrenees, don’t may be one day scratch!

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

Not to sure yet, looking at going to Cornwall/ Devon in early June, for a long weekend B&B with a few mates. drinkingdrinking

Looking at going to France down to Maillau some time in July/ August for two or three weeks just me and my partner depending on work. mbike

I would think they be plenty of days out if the weather is any good this year. May do a trip up to that Café http://www.manor-cafe.co.uk/

Keep saying I want to ride down to the Valencia Moto GP in November but I’m not sure if November would be a bit on the cold side to ride all the way down through Northern France, it would be ok near to Perpignan and once over the Pyrenees, don’t may be one day scratch!

If you're doing Millau area let me know-I've passed that way a time or two so may be able to offer some tips on routes/accommodation.

Valencia MotoGP is 90 miles from my flat, so you've got a base sorted already Laughing I would be more inclined to go to Aragon in mid September as the ride to the circuit is far more interesting and the weather will be better. And that's only 80 miles from the flat LaughingLaughing hoping to do that one myself this year. Fingers crossed. Smile

If you're doing Millau area let me know-I've passed that way a time or two so may be able to offer some tips on routes/accommodation.

Valencia MotoGP is 90 miles from my flat, so you've got a base sorted already Laughing I would be more inclined to go to Aragon in mid September as the ride to the circuit is far more interesting and the weather will be better. And that's only 80 miles from the flat LaughingLaughing hoping to do that one myself this year. Fingers crossed. Smile

Last year we "as in me my partner and four others" did Leicester to Toril near to Vélez-Málaga in four days, we went through Aragon some of the best biking roads I have ever done.

My partner and did Maillau on the way back, I want to do a good explore looked like there should be some good biking roads. Any roads you know thumbs

I may take you up on the offer of a bed Laughing "Having said that I know what time the Spaniards go to bed Sleep " if we come down to the Valencia Moto GP I'll keep you in mind.

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

Touring France for a couple of weeks in September, may go to Italy if we have time. Very Happy

I don't do plans just go AWOL from time to time.

This is a video I did last year for Mad Sunday, I apologise about the wind noise, I thought it was better to have the true sound of the bikes rather than some poxy music drowning them out.

Excellent vid matey, makes me want to get over there even more thumbs oh well...........maybe one day