Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

update on healing: stepmom is fighting breast cancer

My parents were married more than 50 years. Then my mother died of a stroke. My dad was in his 80s when he remarried a woman almost 10 years younger. My stepmom just found out she has to fight breast cancer. I request prayer for her certainly but also for my father who is now 89. My dad has had to bury his first wife, two daughters, a son, two grandchildren and a daughter-in-law. I am very concerned for him too.

I am unsure of my dad's relationship with Jesus. I've witnessed to him, but I'm just not sure where he or my stepmom stand with the Lord.

Im so sorry. i\\'m sorry I will be praying for them Deborah. Please keep posting as time moves on. By the way, how is your hubby doing??

praying praying praying praying praying

Thanks so much for the prayers, Daisy! My husband just underwent a series of tests--the docs are trying to rule out bone infection. We should have the results of those tests tomorrow, thanks for asking. My husband's hospital is a 4-hour drive one way so I've been doing a lot of driving.

<>

Hi Deborah -

I'm very sorry to hear about your stepmom - I'll keep her and your Dad in prayer thanking God in advance for her healing. praying

Deborah wrote:
Thanks so much for the prayers, Daisy! My husband just underwent a series of tests--the docs are trying to rule out bone infection. We should have the results of those tests tomorrow, thanks for asking. My husband's hospital is a 4-hour drive one way so I've been doing a lot of driving.
I will continue to pray for all of you...thats ALOT of driving! Yikes! Looking forward to updates... huggins

I'm seeing the manifested healing power of God within these last two weeks or so with people who have full blown cancer and God healing them of it. I posted a testimony about my boss' mother who had ovarian cancer and when the doctors went in to operate, the cancer was gone. What I didn't say in my testimony was at the same time we prayed for her, we prayed for two other people...another one with ovarian and the other with breast cancer...and found out this week that both had their surgeries this week and BOTH were found to be cancer free. I think one of them was in the third stage and God touched their bodies and gave them BOTH a miracle.

I know God is doing some miraculous things so trust that God will do the same for your step-mom. She doesn't have to be saved for God to heal her because my boss NOR her mom are saved (yet), but God still touched her body. Now it's my open door to go in and introduce them both to Jesus.

To God be the glory!

Cholette wrote:
She doesn't have to be saved for God to heal her because my boss NOR her mom are saved (yet), but God still touched her body. Now it's my open door to go in and introduce them both to Jesus.

To God be the glory!
Amen!!! This makes me think of the scripture that says it is the goodness of God that leads men toward repentance!!!! woo hoo

Daisy wrote:
Cholette wrote:
She doesn't have to be saved for God to heal her because my boss NOR her mom are saved (yet), but God still touched her body. Now it's my open door to go in and introduce them both to Jesus.

To God be the glory!
Amen!!! This makes me think of the scripture that says it is the goodness of God that leads men toward repentance!!!!

EXACTLY!!

My stepmom is having a breast removed tomorrow. She will not need to take chemotherapy afterward, only pills. The docs are very optimistic since the cancer is only Stage 1. I just talked to my stepmom this morning and she seemed to be in very good spirits; I know that has a lot to do with all the prayer that's coming her way so thanks, guys!

Deborah wrote:
My stepmom is having a breast removed tomorrow. She will not need to take chemotherapy afterward, only pills. The docs are very optimistic since the cancer is only Stage 1. I just talked to my stepmom this morning and she seemed to be in very good spirits; I know that has a lot to do with all the prayer that's coming her way so thanks, guys!
This is a very good report! Continuing to expect good news from you about this! Please keep us updated after the surgery tomorrow~

Surgery went well, praise the Lord! My stepmom should be able to come home tonight!

My husband and son and I just came back from visiting my dad and stepmom--my stepmom is home and doing VERY well. I was trying to do a few things to help her out--scrub the floor etc-- but she wouldn't let me and even walked down the basement stairs herself to get some hot chocolate mix to feed us!

Yes--it reminded me of Mark 1: 30-31 where Simon Peter's mother-in-law got healed of a fever and she turned around and served Jesus and some of the disciples.
Sometimes taking the widow's mite (so to speak) is a very hard thing. I remember when my sister was dying of cervical cancer and she insisted on making me a birthday cake--it took every ounce of my strength just to smile and thank her for her sacrifice.

Deborah wrote:
Yes--it reminded me of Mark 1: 30-31 where Simon Peter's mother-in-law got healed of a fever and she turned around and served Jesus and some of the disciples.
Sometimes taking the widow's mite (so to speak) is a very hard thing. I remember when my sister was dying of cervical cancer and she insisted on making me a birthday cake--it took every ounce of my strength just to smile and thank her for her sacrifice.

This is so sweet that your sister wanted to give even in her last moments...how precious! This makes me want to weep. crying

Thanks for sharing this link! She seems wonderful! Im sure everyone wishes to have a big sister so sweet! Given she was like a mother to you, I see why you seem so sweet too! :hooray:

crying Tests yesterday show my stepmom still has cancer. She has to do chemo afterall unless of course she gets healed.

crying I just found out tonight that even though my stepmom's breast cancer is gone, she now has to fight stage 3 cancer in her lymph nodes. Starting Monday she's planning to have 33 days of radiation. My stepmom is such a tough lady--she's outlived two husbands, grows her own vegetables, still drives and I'm amazed to see how gracefully she has coped with losing her hair and just dealing with this cancer threat in general.

God hasn't left her or the situation. A miracle is something that can't be explained and it's supernatural. So with that being said, negative things and situations must come in order for God to have the opportunity to do a miracle. This is His opportunity. Stand strong and stand still and see the deliverance of the Lord because THIS Egyptian she will see NO MORE.

HALLELUJAH...

Hi Deborah -

I'm so sorry to hear the news but I'm standing in agreement that God is going to work a miracle here for your stepmom! praying

My step mom is about halfway through radiation and she's doing great! When I saw her Tuesday, she had quit wearing a wig because her hair is growing back. She and my dad are able to stay just across the street from the hospital so they don't have a 90-minute commute each day; for that I'm thankful! She's even found the energy to start a vegetable garden before she started her treatments!

Now THAT'S the God we serve!!!!!! Cancer is a name that must bow no matter what. I sooooooo rejoice with you!!

What a mighty God we serve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am rejoicing with you Debbie!!!!!