Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mrs.DavidCook

*CONFIRMED* David touring with Gavin Degraw!

So my friend lives in North Carolina and works for a theater venue, and he said that David is touring with Gavin and that they're coming there either October 12th or sometime in November! I really hope he goes on a full tour with Gavin because I personally would like to see him and they'll most likely play in smaller venues!

Guest Guest

That would be great! Their music work together pretty well, so I'm sure Gavin's fans will really like David and maybe become his fans too!

Excited2

BTW, hope Gavin is doing well after the attack.

I saw Gavin open for Bon Jovi last year and he was great and fun and I think they'd be great together. Can't wait for dates if this turns out to be true!

Guest Guest

As far as we know, nothing has been confirmed yet but it would be a great opportunity for David cheers

I wonder if David's tweet to Gavin at the time of the attack can be interpreted as a tip that they were in conversations or it was just an artist to artist support tweet Suspect

Quote :

@thedavidcook Sending out best wishes to @gavindegraw on a speedy recovery.

Hmmm.... HOH's last tour date is Oct. 14, so that would fit in.

OMG... this would be amazing!

Guest Guest
And now we need to put all our WNH CNN (Cook's News Network) expertise to work, lol.

Guest Guest
I think this would be great if it's true, but don't get too excited until we get official word.

(I added the word unconfirmed to the thread title for now.)

Jeannie wrote:
I think this would be great if it's true, but don't get too excited until we get official word.

(I added the word unconfirmed to the thread title for now.)

Agree, and I'm glad you added unconfirmed.

This would be amazing news if its true i love Gavin and i felt really bad when i heard he got attack i havent seen Gavin since like his first record was out and i think they would fit perfect together for touring.

Guest Guest

*pulls up a comfy chair and passes popcorn to April* Popcorn

Guest Guest
I think they would be a good fit together. I can't wait for some concrete news on the tour. I'm hoping for some dates and venues near me! I'm not going to get my hopes up though until I see an official announcement.

This would be great! I hope Gavin's recovery is going well.

**fingers are crossed** I think they'd be a great musical match! New fans on both sides of the fence.

I also read that Ryan Tedder wrote a song with him and GRO opened for him before too. Just thought that was an interesting '6 degrees' lol
Cool

that would be an awesome tour
and am I the only one who's clueless about what happened to Gavin Degraw

Wow, I was trying to get tix for my friend and I to see Train, M5 & GD at jones beach (NY) for last Fri (from brokers since I was too late and they were sold out) but when Gavin got attacked and cancelled that show I bought tix for NJ on 8/26 instead, just hoping I'd have a better chance of seeing him! Looks like I might be seeing way more of him than I expected!

If I could only get his attention next fri & ask him the ? point blank lol! he he

Dana

Guest Guest
@Jilly wrote:

Gavin DeGraw was attacked by some people when he left a club owned by him and his brother in NYC and subsequently was hit by a cab!

Here's the news in the The New York Times

Guest Guest

I'm also keeping my excitement at bay until we have confirmed tour dates. That doesn't mean I don't think that a Gavin and David concert wouldn't be great Wink

Grabs beanbag and waits with Jeannie Popcorn

I was hesitant about posting anything about it since it's only one date, but then I thought "What the hell, this pretty much made my day so I may as well tell everyone else!" Haha Smile I also didn't know if anyone else had heard about it or not but I'm glad that this is new info!

Guest Guest

It's OK, Ava. We're just being cautious until the news is officially confirmed Wink

First, count me as part of the group that sooo would like to see David and Gavin tour together.

Second, for those wondering, here's the video for Gavin Degraw's best known song:

@pn112 wrote:
Hmmm.... HOH's last tour date is Oct. 14, so that would fit in.

You and I thought the same thing!

I'll look forward to it if it's true. I love Gavin, even though not really a fan Smile

Guest Guest
@vsteph1 wrote:
Who is Gavin Degraw? Would I know any of his songs?

Viv, Sarah posted a vid up there from one of his most famous songs Wink

Relieved to hear that Gavin is recovering from that assault. If the tour-partnering rumor is true, good-looking David and Gavin could surely make for an attractive draw for many youthful potential fans.

Don't wanna be morbid -- but that recent news about Gavin's unfortunate assault could well inadvertently serve as an interesting pre-publicity for that rumored tour partnering. Go WordNerds!Go WordNerds!

Made wrote:
@Jilly wrote:

Gavin DeGraw was attacked by some people when he left a club owned by him and his brother in NYC and subsequently was hit by a cab!

Here's the news in the The New York Times

I can't believe i'm so clueless for having the internet I hope he's doing ok

Any concert would be great if it included David. I'm just so ready to see him perform live again. DC Cheerleader

DEBRA

@Analytics wrote:
Relieved to hear that Gavin is recovering from that assault. If the tour-partnering rumor is true, good-looking David and Gavin could surely make for an attractive draw for many youthful potential fans.

Don't wanna be morbid -- but that recent news about Gavin's unfortunate assault could well inadvertently serve as an interesting pre-publicity for that rumored tour partnering. Go WordNerds!Go WordNerds!

I've been thinking that for awhile but didn't know how to word it properly-you did a better job that I would have haha. David is really smart for going on tour with him because usually after something happens to a musician, the fans make it a point to see them when they go on tour again. (Not that people wouldn't see him anyways, but hopefully you guys know what I'm saying haha)

@Analytics wrote:

I've been thinking that for awhile but didn't know how to word it properly-you did a better job that I would have haha. David is really smart for going on tour with him because usually after something happens to a musician, the fans make it a point to see them when they go on tour again. (Not that people wouldn't see him anyways, but hopefully you guys know what I'm saying haha)

Considering that Gavin didn't suffer any too-serious injuries, they say any publicity is good publicity and maybe that's true. I'm sure while he was in the hospital in pain, he wasn't thinking that. Or maybe he was to cheer himself up, lol. I just hope the broken nose doesn't detract from his good looks too much, LOL!

Guest Guest
We'll now "soon" enough. Hope it's not David's "soon" though, LOL.

@Analytics wrote:

Considering that Gavin didn't suffer any too-serious injuries, they say any publicity is good publicity and maybe that's true. I'm sure while he was in the hospital in pain, he wasn't thinking that. Or maybe he was to cheer himself up, lol. I just hope the broken nose doesn't detract from his good looks too much, LOL!

LOL I hope not either! I'm sure he'll be back to normal by then Smile

@Prissy wrote:
more evidence Smile) http://twitter.com/#!/prettypollyprod/status/103963060577906688

prettypollyprod Pretty Polly
Gavin DeGraw and David Cook are hitting the road together! October 1 to November 20 - info@prettypolly.com

Well now. That certainly is interesting. Cool

It says on the bio, Pretty Polly is a National College Concert Booking Agency.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it, but am hopeful. I think they are a great musical match! Did I say that before? I thin k I said that before. LOL flag

Guest Guest

I think it would be great... but on both the links I see on twitter, and the link here, I don't get anything that talks about David and Gavin touring together. I just get a page that David has "select available fall dates" open and the cost is $30K to $50K for a show.

Is there something I'm missing? scratch

eta: Nevermind, I clicked the link to the direct tweet Prissy posted above and I see they (Pretty Polly) tweeted it. I missed that the first time.

@Prissy wrote:
more evidence Smile) http://twitter.com/#!/prettypollyprod/status/103963060577906688

prettypollyprod Pretty Polly
Gavin DeGraw and David Cook are hitting the road together! October 1 to November 20 - info@prettypolly.com

Ok... this starting date (unofficial or uncomfirmed it may be) is noteworthy.

Neal is touring with HoH (Hell or High Water) band and as I recall (hopefully correctly) HoH's last concert is around mid-October.

Which leads to the question -- if Neal will still be on tour at the start of October - who will be David's guitarist in his own tour? If there is a replacement, will he be temporary until Neal returns?

Or, perhaps David will wait until Neal is fully available? (that'd be a bummer). scratch

But of course, it's all about David (as far as I'm concerned). If Neal can't make it for whatever reason, I'd rather David have a replacement guitarist than delay the tour some more. Of course, the rumored touring partner Gavin's availability is also of prime consideration.

Totally off-topic, but whenever I see reference to Hell or High Water as HoH I get a little confused because I'm a big reality TV show addict (thus my screen name) and HoH means head of household on Big Brother. Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Neal or David. And I would be watching Big Brother right now but my damn cable is out. Friggen Time Warner...

Anyway, if David goes on tour and Neal isn't there at the start it won't affect my enjoyment of the show if I go to one. I just hope whoever stands in for him practices a lot with the boys and everything gels on stage.

Guest Guest
Yeah, I'm not worried about that. David can always get a fill in to start the tour (if this is how it works out,) and Neal can step back in when he's done touring with HoH. Providing that is what both David and Neal want. I trust both of them to make the right decisions for each of them, and I'm sure they will.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that David will not hold off a tour to wait for Neal. He's been itching to get on the road, and he needs to tour and get his new music out there.

It's formulating into something more and more everyday. We have a month so I hope someone books them. Smile

Isn't Kyle also a part of HoH? Would they need a filler drummer too? I'm sure they could get guys like Josh, or Phil, or Nick to fill in any of those spots.
Hell, my personal suggestion would be for him to ask Jeff Shrout or Bobby Kerr to come play with him for a while, but I doubt that's happening.

Mal, I belive Kyle dropped out because HoH's tour is the same time his wife is expecting and he didn't want to miss that.

Guest Guest

You know what? I'm all for spoilers and stuff but I won't really fret or speculate about anything. We'll just know when David is ready to announce something official. HE is the most eager to get on the road as soon as possible and itching to let us know the big news!

That's why his nails are so bitten LOL flag

Mal, I belive Kyle dropped out because HoH's tour is the same time his wife is expecting and he didn't want to miss that.

Ah, that's right. That makes perfect sense. Does that mean that he might not make David's tour too to be with the baby?