Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*PLANNING THREAD* 10/11/11 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant

Guest Guest
Welcome to the planning thread for the 10/11/11 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant concert. This is the place to share your excitement, find out who is going, make any plans to meet up with other friends at the show, look for someone to share transportation, hotel rooms, etc.

This show is listed as a co-headlining show, with Carolina Liar as the opener.

Please be aware that all information in this thread is, to the best of our knowledge, current at this time; but is subject to change at the discretion of the venue or tour management. We recommend that you use the links we will provide below to watch the websites for any changes in ticket sales or other information.

TICKET INFO

Tickets here

VENUE INFO

This is a general admission show, scheduled to start at 8:00 pm.

USTREAMING

We are hoping to Ustream as many of the shows as possible, and for this we need your help. If you are going to the show and have an iPhone, Windows phone, or other Android phone, and would be willing to help bring the show to all of us who cannot be there, please send a PM to Stacy (realiTVlover) and she will give you further information. Ideally, we would love to have two streamers per show - one as a primary, and one as a backup if needed. Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help out this way. We really appreciate it!

Have fun planning your show, and if you find any further helpful information about the venue or show, please post it here so we can add it to the original post.

I talked to the Pageant this morning and this show is going to be General Admission with all tickets $25.00.

I'm planning going to this one even if I have to go alone.

DEBRA Joy dance

Guest Guest
For those going to this show-the venue has this info on their facebook page~

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=280331011979150

Quote :
**RSVP & WIN TICKETS!
RSVP "ATTENDING" for this show and one randomly chosen winner will receive TWO FREE TICKETS! Invite your friends for an even better chance at winning!

The winner will be notified here on OCTOBER 04 at Noon. Check back then to see if you've won!

I've got my ticket and VIP upgrade. I've met Dave before but just couldn't let this past me by. LOL flag Going alone to this show but so looking forward to meeting other DC fans. I'M GOING TO HAVE A BLAST.

DEBRA Joy dance

My friend Beth (who has seen David in concert once and has never met him) and I are making a nearly 5 hour road trip from Eastern Iowa for this show. Got us the VIP upgrade thing so I'm really excited because we both haven't seen David in concert since July of 2009 and the last time I met/got to talk to David was in February of 2009. Way overdue for a David concert... lol

We're staying at the Moonrise since it's the closest hotel and got a good deal on it through the Pageant's site.

Stefanie

Stefanie, I'm staying at the Moonrise, too. It's a really nice place. I stayed there back in November 2009 when I attended Dave's other concert there. Hope to meet you both.

DEBRA

I'm nervous about the tickets not being mailed yet and the show is less than two weeks away. Nail biting! They need to get their act together and either email us saying we can pick them up at will call the day of the show or mail the damn things NOW.

I'm nervous about the tickets not being mailed yet and the show is less than two weeks away. Nail biting! They need to get their act together and either email us saying we can pick them up at will call the day of the show or mail the damn things NOW.

I've been in contact with them and was told that the tickets SHOULD be here in time. I'm not so confident.

DEBRA Pulling hair

@dsil wrote:

I've been in contact with them and was told that the tickets SHOULD be here in time. I'm not so confident.

DEBRA Pulling hair

I don't have time to wait for my mail on the day of the concert (usually comes at anywhere from 2-4pm), it's not like I even live in Missouri. They BETTER be here before the 10th or I'm gonna be pissed. I keep checking my order's status and it's still at "Ready". If it's "ready", shouldn't it have been shipped already?! Pulling hairBanging head

Awww, girls, lets not stress over it. If mine don't arrive in time then I will just take my confirmation paperwork with me to the ticket box office. I'm sure they have dealt with this sort of things many times in the past and can get it resolved the day of if need be. Can't wait until the 11th!!!!

@dsil wrote:

DEBRA Pulling hair

I don't have time to wait for my mail on the day of the concert (usually comes at anywhere from 2-4pm), it's not like I even live in Missouri. They BETTER be here before the 10th or I'm gonna be pissed. I keep checking my order's status and it's still at "Ready". If it's "ready", shouldn't it have been shipped already?! Pulling hairBanging head

They told me that when the status changes from Ready to Fulfilled is when they have shipped.

@vsteph1 wrote:
@dsil wrote:
I'm nervous about the tickets not being mailed yet and the show is less than two weeks away. They need to get their act together and either email us saying we can pick them up at will call the day of the show or mail the damn things NOW.

DEBRA

I don't have time to wait for my mail on the day of the concert (usually comes at anywhere from 2-4pm), it's not like I even live in Missouri. They BETTER be here before the 10th or I'm gonna be pissed. I keep checking my order's status and it's still at "Ready". If it's "ready", shouldn't it have been shipped already?!

They told me that when the status changes from Ready to Fulfilled is when they have shipped.

Will we get an email saying they have shipped?

Has there been any news yet as to what time we're to be at the venue for Dave's soundcheck and m & g? I know they said it would be posted later but I hadn't seen anything but I also tend to miss alot of stuff. LOL flag

DEBRA

@dsil wrote:
Has there been any news yet as to what time we're to be at the venue for Dave's soundcheck and m & g? I know they said it would be posted later but I hadn't seen anything but I also tend to miss alot of stuff. LOL flag

DEBRA

Yeah I hope they release that info soon. Would be nice to know a few days or so in advance!!!

I'm just hoping my friend and I will have time to get freshened up and change into our concert clothes at the hotel before the soundcheck/ m&g because yeah, totally wearing comfy clothes on the road trip down. LOL Face

Guest Guest
@dsil wrote:

DEBRA

I found a FAQ page on Ground Control, and it says this about the VIP check-ins:

Quote :
Where and when do I check in for my VIP event?

VIP check in times are generally confirmed within 48 hours of the event at the latest. VIP events generally take place 2 hours before the listed concert door time, so please be prepared to arrive at the venue early. Depending on the event, the check in time will either be posted to the event page where the VIP was purchased from or an email will be sent to the purchaser within a couple days of the event with the check in details.

So it sounds like the info comes out close to the date, and you will either be emailed the details, or they will be posted to the event page where you purchased the ticket.

All I know the closer October 11th gets the more excited I become. Excited

I have a 3+ hour trip ahead of me so I'm getting away from home around 7:30 a.m. which should put me into St. Louis by 11 a.m. I just want time to check in, get settled, go looking around and get some lunch. I should still have enough time to change and freshen up. I'm so looking forward to meeting other fans. FYI I'm a person who can walk up to and start a conversation with most any stranger so if this wacky nerdy type lady starts talking to you it is probably me. LOL Face All in all, I'm just going to have fun.

SEE YA IN ST. LOUIS! Hi!

DEBRA

Does the Moonrise let people check in earlier than 3? Other places I've stayed at I've had no problem being able to check in early if rooms were available/ finished being cleaned by housekeeping. We're supposed to be there by 2ish, so every moment we can get will be needed. LOL Face

Does the Moonrise let people check in earlier than 3? Other places I've stayed at I've had no problem being able to check in early if rooms were available/ finished being cleaned by housekeeping. We're supposed to be there by 2ish, so every moment we can get will be needed. LOL Face

I was told that it would be okay to check in before 3.

DEBRA

@dsil wrote:

I was told that it would be okay to check in before 3.

DEBRA

Thanks! Some places I've been able to check in WAY before the actual check in time so I wanted to make sure they would let us.

Guest Guest
You should still call the hotel yourself as sometimes they have limited number of rooms for early check-in so they may take your name in that case.

I'm so happy! My ticket arrived in today's mail and I'm all set to head to St. Louis on Tuesday morning to see David. Can't wait! So exicited! See everybody there on Tuesday. Have a safe trip for those who are traveling.

DEBRA Joy dance

I just got my email regarding the St. Louis VIP event. We have to check in by 2:45 p.m. at the Pageant.

DEBRA

@dsil wrote:
I just got my email regarding the St. Louis VIP event. We have to check in by 2:45 p.m. at the Pageant.

DEBRA

Well there goes my plan of basically rolling out of bed and leaving Tuesday morning! ROFLOL So that means I'm gonna have to be up earlier than planned and basically be half way ready for the show on this road trip. I think by Tuesday night I'll be a combo of these: WooHoo!!Sleep lol

@dsil wrote:

DEBRA

Well there goes my plan of basically rolling out of bed and leaving Tuesday morning! ROFLOL So that means I'm gonna have to be up earlier than planned and basically be half way ready for the show on this road trip. I think by Tuesday night I'll be a combo of these: WooHoo!!Sleep lol

Yeah that changes thing for me too...now I will probably take the entire day off of work. I was planning on working till lunch but I have a 2 hour drive so I'll just play it safe i think. WOW 2:45? That's early

I have an extra ticket to this show if anyone is interested. I bought 2 hoping my husband would go with me but he can't. And none of my local friends are able to take off work to go. So.....if you or a friend are interested let me know. I am giving this ticket to anyone that wants to attend the show and couldn't afford a ticket so if you take the ticket I just ask that you please not re-sell it but give it to someone who wants to attend the concert.

Just to let you know, I went on twitter and asked Todd Owyoung [professional music photographer in St. Louis who last shot David when he toured with GRO and The Script back in November 2009] if he was going to also shoot David's show tomorrow night. His response:
Quote :
@toddowyoung
@cjester27 I will definitely be shooting tomorrow. Wouldn't miss a chance to deliver images to all the diehard David Cook fans out there

Here's David's archive from Todd: http://ishootshows.com/2009/11/16/david-cook/

Guest Guest
That's great news, he is an amazing photographer!

I should be sleeping since I have to get up at 6:30 but I'm like this right now: ExcitedWooHoo!!

What's this I hear about photos that are already signed for the m&g/ sound check? Shocked That's a total FML moment for me because I was planning on having David and Andy sign a bday card for a friend (her bday is tomorrow and isn't able to see this tour because it's not coming anywhere near her). Guess I might to shell out another $45 to try at the after show m&g.... Not like it'll be hard to spend $45 for tour merch since I have to get a shirt for my sister, plus whatever I decide to get.

Guest Guest
I hope everyone going to this show has a great time!