Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*PLANNING THREAD* 12/3/11 Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights

Guest Guest
Welcome to the planning thread for the December 3, 2011 Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights concert. This is the place to share your excitement, find out who is going, make any plans to meet up with other friends at the show, look for someone to share transportation, hotel rooms, etc.

Please be aware that all information in this thread is, to the best of our knowledge, current at this time; but is subject to change at the discretion of the venue or tour management. We recommend that you use the links we will provide below to watch the websites for any changes in ticket sales or other information.

TICKET INFO

Information on where to purchase tickets will be added as available.

VENUE INFO

Venue information will be added as available.

USTREAMING

We are hoping to Ustream as many of the shows as possible, and for this we need your help. If you are going to the show and have an iPhone, Windows phone, or other Android phone, and would be willing to help bring the show to all of us who cannot be there, please send a PM to Stacy (realiTVlover) and she will give you further information. Ideally, we would love to have two streamers per show - one as a primary, and one as a backup if needed. Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help out this way. We really appreciate it!
Hug

Have fun planning your show, and if you find any further helpful information about the venue or show, please post it here so we can add it to the original post.

Guest Guest
And another!

My prayers have been answered!!!! Now if I can only get tickets. I can't wait, oh my gosh! *g*

Hi! Hi Spike!!! haven't seen you here before, so.... Welcome!

I'm so planning on going to this show!!! I was at the last show at this venue. All I can say is dress in light weight clothes and bring water with you. This is THE hottest venue I've ever been in in my entire life - only for you, David Cook!!! Only for you!!

Fingers & toes crossed..I am hoping to do this show!!! If it happens I am actually going to connect 1st to meet a DC online buddy and then we are going together! Pray it works out for me ladies!! Would love to meet u Peggy!

Peggy, hi! I am pretty new here. I was told about this forum when I was looking for tour vids, etc. I'm also a relatively new Cook fan, though I think I've made up for my lateness with all the posts I've been making about him at my journal. *g*

When the Cook/DeGraw tour dates came out I was so bummed that there weren't any in NY, and bouncing off the walls when I'd seen that Clifton Park had been added. Then I saw the date. The same date as Pip's Christmas party, which I've already sort of committed to. And yet I'm trying to think of ways to get out of it.

Even though I've heard that the venue kind of sucks. No seating? Thanks for the tips on lightweight clothing and lots of water. Hopefully I'll see you there. *crosses fingers*

Aw, Spike - I really hope you can make it there!!! There is a show in NYC too - is that a possibility for you. I'm not sure about that one yet. I'd love to, but after 2 shows in a row, not sure where the $$$ would come from for a 3rd show. I'm located in the Finger Lakes - kind of the middle of the state, so I'm about 3 hours from Clifton Park.

Penny!!!! OMG!!!! I'm so happy that you are FINALLY going to get to a show!!! YAY!!!! Excited2 I'm soooooo hoping for the VIP to be made available!!! Please! Awesome!! So many people are coming to this show!! It's gonna be a big ole WN par- tay!! Happy Birthday!

Peggy I really (REALLY) want to go! To see some of the songs I've been watching in vids performed live would be so ~awesome! I may just tell Pip that this is his Christmas present to me. o_O

I'm located about an hour west of Clifton Park, but how crazy, because I went to college in the Finger Lakes! Are you familiar with Wells College in Aurora?

I have only been to NYC once in my life, and that was to go directly to a Yankees game, so I would probably not go to the concert in NYC just because I am a big chicken wrt travelling to the city. I've driven to Foxwoods to see Adam, and Boston to see Kris and Adam, but NYC scares me. *g*

There are VIP packages...OMFG hkjhjkdsfljkldfjdjhsdakdjljdlj I AM GONNA MEET DAVID!!!! AJKHKJAKJSOJ!!!!!! MAYDAY SOMEBODY SAVE ME...SO VERY NERVOUS..I DON'T WANNA MAKE A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF IN FRONT OF HIM!!!! Spikedluv..where in upstate are you? I am from Malone,NY about 4 hrs from Albany & a half an hour away from the Canadian boarder.

sweetoncook, the closest well known place to us is probably Cooperstown, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame; that's about 1/2 hour away. I live in Schoharie County (where Irene did so much damage, though not to us, thankfully), kind of in the middle of nowhere; Exit 29 on the Thruway if that helps. *g*

I just bought my ticket and vip upgrade from the website listed in the newsletter. I think I did, anyway. I haven't seen a notice that tickets for this show are on sale yet, but I've got receipts that say I've bought them. Has anyone else purchased their tickets?

Now I just need to figure out how to break the news to Pip that I won't be attending the Christmas dinner. Any ideas. o_O

My DC bud just purchased out tickets/VIP..omg! SQUEEEE! Question though, this is a GA show..how the heck does that work with being a VIP? I mean do we get let in to soundcheck, do the M & G and then get kicked back out to wait in line? That kinda don't seem fair..cause I am sure there will be a lot ppl in line by then.

Guest Guest
It varies by venue, but for most of them, they do "kick you back outside" but they have you wait in a separate line which they let into the building when the doors open before they let the general admission people in. That's how it was for us in Columbus. I think it's been that way for most of them, though I believe there was one where the folks had to go into the regular line.

sweetoncook, did she get them from DC's ticket website? I got the ticket and VIP upgrade from the website, but I was confused when I wasn't directed to ticketmaster to get the ticket, so I just want to make sure I don't have a worthless receipt. (What a bummer that would be to get there and not be let in. Very Sad ) Thanks!

@Spikedluv wrote:
sweetoncook, did she get them from DC's ticket website? I got the ticket and VIP upgrade from the website, but I was confused when I wasn't directed to ticketmaster to get the ticket, so I just want to make sure I don't have a worthless receipt. (What a bummer that would be to get there and not be let in. Very Sad ) Thanks!

Yes Spikedluv she got them from the DC ticket website and I guess everything went through fine.

Jeannie thanks for the info..hope this is case for this venue.

Since I've been to this venue before, I can tell you that there are 3 doors into the venue. Northern Lights is in a strip mall, btw, so there is a covered sidewalk that runs the entire length of the strip mall. Some shelter from rain! Anyway, 2 doors go into the venue, and the third door is kind of an employee door, but I know it leads to a separate room from the main room. That said, I'm not sure which door they will be using for the VIP. I plan on doing the after show M&G, if it's available, because I'm doing the VIP in Niagara Falls the night before. I just want to say "Hi" to David at Clifton Park, because this is the venue where I finally met him after 10 shows!! It's sort of a nostalgia thing! LOL

I will be at this show too. Just hope there is no snow on this date because I am going from this show to Keswick.

Just a note - if anyone is going to the Niagara Falls Show the night before this show, I will be going back home after Niagara Falls (about a 4 hr drive) so I can leave from my house to go to Clifton Park (a 3 hr drive). If anyone wants a place to crash either before or after the Clifton Park show - let me know.

Peggy, since u have been to Clifton Park before..what is near this venue far as places for food?

There's a Dollar General type store in the same strip mall - they are really nice and will let you use their bathroom. There's also a grocery store across the street from the strip mall. I don't remember what else, and it may have changed in the last 2 years.

I just wanted to mention that, as I did with Adam at the Palace in Albany, I'll be making a trial run to make sure I can find the venue easily and know how long it takes me to get there, so I'll look around for stores/restaurants, etc and let you all know what I find, if anything. It doesn't sound like it's in a hopping neighborhood, but I'll see. *g*

Got a huge favor..I do not own a camera Very Sad so if any one gets some decent pics would you be willing to share?

Penny - sharing pics and vids is never a problem. The problem is getting the really good picturs!! LOL You'll have a wide selection to choose from, so no worries.

TY Peggy & every1 else that shares so freely with us. I plan on making a scrapbook with the pics..did it with the last DC show I went to (2009 Ohio State Fair).

I drove down to Clifton Park yesterday, since I'd never been to Northern Lights before and wanted to know where it was before the day of the concert.

In the small strip mall where NL is located, there is a General Dollar. Where you turn into the parking lot off of 146 is a Stewarts. Across the side road (146A), at the corner is a Cumberland Farms, and in the strip mall behind that is a Price Chopper and a restaurant, Antipasto's.

I didn't see it, probably too busy looking at street numbers, but my map says there's a Pizza Hut nearby, as well. As far as street numbers go, I got surprised by the NL strip mall because I was in the 900's and then suddenly there was the NL strip mall. I happened to see the Dollar General sign before I saw the NL sign.

As far as eating, if anyone plans on getting there early enough to do that, there are a bunch of restaurants at the Route 146 Exit off the Northway (Exit 9 off I-87): Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Friday's, Panera, 99, Ruby Tuesday, just to name the few I can remember.

Also, from the Exit, it took me less than 5 min to get to NL, though that might vary if there's more traffic.

I hope this is helpful.

So excited for this show-I can't believe its next weekend. Finally finalize everything, so I could attend this show. Thank goodness David is coming to NY and my college not so far away from this venue.

One week from today we will all be on a serious Dave High! I cannot wait!!!!!
Excited2

I leave Thursday to go stay with a friend in CT and we are going to the show together...so excited! Hope to meet some of you!

My stomach is already starting to get all twisty! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

I'm planning on getting there a bit early for a late-ish lunch at Panera, if anyone wants to join me or meet up there.

If anyone wants my cell #, you can e-mail me at spikedluv @ gmail.com. Even if it's just in case you get lost getting there. (On the off chance that I'll be any help at all. *g*)

I'm so looking forward to this! My first time seeing Dave live. *bounce*

Does anyone think that there maybe a chance to get autographs from the guys before or after show. I never know what the protocol is for these events.

thanks

If you bought the VIP package, a pre-show meet n greet with the entire band is included. If you buy $45 worth of merchandise (at most shows so far), you get a wristband for the post-show meet n greet with just Dave.

Guest Guest
Show day! Locking this thread down now. Please continue your discussion HERE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.