Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjtorrence

Desire

In the bible it says to "desire"(A wish or longing, a request or petition, or the object of longing) the best spiritual gifts. I have had a desire to have all the spiritual gifts yet I don't think one person could have all those gifts and still be considered human, the only person who had all the spiritual gifts was Jesus. Yet I was wanting some feed back on desiring spiritual gifts and is it possible by the grace of God to obtain these gifts and still be considered human.
thinking

sure but we;re spirit beings,,that hava soul an live ina body,,id 4 get about bein human its onli 4 a short time that we r,,ptl...i wood think of gods gifts 4 all men like scrooge Mcducks money bin,,an id jump rite in and bath in them like he did wiv his money,, ,,um bible exhorts us 2 desire ernistly spiritual gifts,, ,,,u hav been learned bishop Dee,,

The Holy Spirit assigns the gifts and he can give us 1 gift or all the gifts. There is no special requirement or prequalifier. He gives the gifts to whom he gives the gifts. You can have all those gifts at one time or 1 gift at a time. Depending on the need of the Lord at that time.

I pray this is of help.

Connie

Thanks for the replies each comment is very helpful to me in understanding the desire for spiritual gifts

It’s not about being considered human. It’s ALL about the spirit. Jesus (God’s spirit in human form) had all the spiritual gifts to demonstrate the power of “The Spirit” by which they were given. All of the spiritual gifts were given by the same spirit (I Corinthians 12). Just as much as you have the desire for spiritual gifts, you should be just as passionate about them to cause you to want to elevate in them to edify the church (I Corinthians 14).

Children of God are not “just human”. We are a peculiar people. “Just humans” will NEVER be able to live a life of holiness or walk this faith walk without the spirit of God. Spiritual gifts are used to exalt the power of the Spirit of God. I desire to have the spiritual gifts that God has placed on my heart to desire. I am very passionate about them because I want to use them to edify His people and demonstrate His power to unbelievers that they may believe. I desire maturity in those areas that I may be more effective in His Kingdom.

Reference scriptures:

Peculiar people - Exodus 19:5; Deuteronomy 14:2; Deuteronomy 26:18; Titus 2:14; I Peter 2:9

Side note:

I saw this thread shortly after you posted it and it caught my attention but I didn’t feel ready to respond. The only thing that came up in my spirit was, “It’s not about being human”. I couldn’t just leave it at that because I knew there was more. I just didn’t know what. I’ve gone over and over this since then. Today I had a little time to research scriptures about it.

After reading the thread again for the umpteenth time, “peculiar people” came up in my spirit and I knew why I just couldn’t leave “It’s not about being human” in the beginning. Plus, reading I Corinthians 14:12 have given me understanding and a scripture to stand on as to why I’m so passionate about operating in the spiritual gifts I desire. When making your desire for God your top priority, His priorities (Will) becomes your priorities (Will). Thank you, Holy Ghost…I felt that! I did a study on this very subject – Making your desires for God your top priority and the rewards of doing so – a couple of months ago.

Thank you virtuous for taking time to elaborate more on this subject for me as it has surely helped me a lot in understanding that it is not about being human and yes we are a peculiar people thanks huggins