Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/13/11 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the 10/13/11 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMBEDDED USTREAM

Tonight's Set List

1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. Paper Heart
5. 4 Letter Word
6. Come Back To Me
7. Right Here With You
8. Let Me Fall For You
9. The Last Goodbye
10. We Believe
11. Movin' Out
12. Goodbye to the Girl
13. Barbasol
14. Light On
15. Fade Into Me
16. Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest

List of photobucket/flickr/twitpic/etc. collections of photos.

dsc00213.jpg
Photo by cougarslovecook

Guest Guest

All videos can be seen in the All Video Thread
HERE.

Best Videos

Circadian and Heroes by cougarslovecook

Guest Guest

Links to recap posts/press related posts.

Guest Guest
Everyone going have a great time, and we'll be eagerly waiting for your videos, pictures, and recaps! Show Dave and the guys the love from all of us.

Guest Guest
I hope that everyone going has an amazing day!

Yay! Another show! I love Tour Time.

Have fun all that are going, and safe travels. Smile

Guest Guest

Safe travels to everyone and have a great time! David must be stoked for being home Heart

Guest Guest
Pre-show article about the concert by Urban Tulsa.

A couple of excerpts:

Quote :
Following the new disc's June release, a big tour announcement was expected. The summer came and went with nothing. Finally a fall tour with Gavin DeGraw and Carolina Liar was announced and Cook is back on the road, where he feels comfortable. When asked about the delay, Cook said "This record presented a real challenge -- just implementing the ideas and meanings that came through in the songs. And that also extended to putting together the proper tour. When the opportunity to tour with Gavin came along, it just seemed to fit. He's a great guy and a great musician and I want to go out with artists that I want to see as well."

"I'm really jazzed to go out with Carolina Liar," he continued. "I met Chad (Wolf, Carolina Liar's lead singer) in Sweden. We went bar hopping on Stockholm and really hit it off, so I'm really looking forward to touring with his band."

Ultimately, the lineup provides an unexpected balance. While none of the artists are particularly similar, they all complement each other to provide a well rounded evening of music.

"There's no pretense with this lineup. Everyone has their own vibe and I like that. I love going to live shows, but I get bored going to shows where all the bands sound the same. I think this tour has a good balance -- it's able to maintain stimulation, but it's not too extreme," Cook said.

Mostly though, Cook admitted he's chomping at the bit to get back on the road. "I'm really glad to be coming back to Tulsa," he said. "Believe me -- when working that long on the record, that really ate at me. I thought 'I like LA, but I'm ready to get back on the bus.' I'm ready for my bunk again."

Quote :
The songs may be growing and developing, but it's still the same David Cook that we came to know and love. Los Angeles, TV exposure and world tours haven't changed him much: If anything, they have just expanded his vision and made him even more grateful for the opportunities he's been given. That makes this week's show something of a homecoming for Cook, his band (which includes Tulsa native Andy Skib, of Midwest Kings) and fans that have followed him for years.

To everyone going: Have a great time !
The WaveDC CheerleaderThe Wave
It'll be awesome to see him performing HOME !!!
He must be so EXCITED !!!

Guest Guest
On the Cain's Ballroom page it says the show starts at 7:30. Do we know what time will David be on?

Guest Guest
He closes tonight. Assuming CL is opening (I can't remember if they are for this show or not, but they are at most shows,) Gavin would probably go on between 8:15 and 8:30, and David should go on somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00.

Guest Guest

Thanks, Jeannie. It's really late for me but I'll try to make it if we get a stream Wink

Hope everyone going tonight has a great time! I probably won't be awake for the stream tonight. I have to wake up super early tomorrow morning. Cannot wait for recaps, pictures, videos, and all those goodies!

Guest Guest

@_just_a_fan: Live at soundcheck!!! Dave's got the sniffles Very Sad

Guest Guest
VIP sound check now. He played 4LW and Lie before the VIPs were brought in. So far with the fans there he has played Circadian.

Guest Guest
Now playing FIM.

Guest Guest
FoolsApril64 David Cook News/Info
[PHOTO] Dave at Tulsa souncheck yfrog.com/khs6vusj (w/thx2 @angelangiekc)

Guest Guest

glena
@_just_a_fan glena
Dave says he'll deny this if it's on twitter but he got a shot in the butt Smile

Guest Guest
Excited2 AHHHH He covered Springsteen's Dancin in the Dark at the VIP sound check!!

Guest Guest

Picture courtesy of Kathy (CougarsloveCook)

Unfortunately, he says it's not ready for playing in concerts yet. Very Sad

eta: You just beat me, Barb... but it's too good of a picture to remove, so we'll just have it here twice. LOL Face

Guest Guest
I feel like a post whore right now lol.

Guest Guest
justforme wrote:
Excited2 AHHHH He covered Springsteen's Dancin in the Dark at the VIP sound check!!

Excited2

BTW, hope the shot in the butt was for the flu! I don't like that he's got a raspy voice and sniffles at all!

Guest Guest

Awww, when I saw the pic of him at the piano I was so excited!!! Anyway, the pic alone is soooo worthwhile Thud

Guest Guest
FoolsApril64 David Cook News/Info
[RT] @CainsBallroom: Show schedule for tonight - Doors 630pm, carolinaliar at 7p, gavindegraw at 8p, david cook at 945pm. Tkts still avail.

Ugh another late show for all of us on the East Coast. I'm really hoping for a live stream tonight. Tulsa shows always seem to be special.

Is Tulsa on Central time or Pacific Time? scratch So, if Carolina Liar starts at 7:00, that would be 10:00 eastern time??

Guest Guest
They are central so an hour behind us.

Jeannie wrote:

eta: You just beat me, Barb... but it's too good of a picture to remove, so we'll just have it here twice. LOL Face

DAVID + PIANO = GOD HAVE MERCY OF OUR SOULS ! DroolThud!

Guest Guest
MBenz will be streaming. I haven't seen a link yet, though.

@Piper wrote:
Jeannie wrote:

DAVID + PIANO = GOD HAVE MERCY OF OUR SOULS ! DroolThud!

Everything she said!!! Thud!

What is it about this guy sitting at the piano that drives us nuts?

OK, I just realized that anything this guy does drives us nuts, so never mind.

Guest Guest

^^^ Absolutely Crazy

We are trying to work out a stream with MBenz. Don't know if it'll be in our channel or hers but as soon as we know, we'll post here and tweet about it Very Happy

Guest Guest
Quote :

@thedavidcook To all the Tulsa VIP folks: sorry I was unable to talk with you. Voice isn't cooperating much today. Thanks for understanding.

Aww, poor thing! Having to speak to 100+ people at the VIPs plus the show must be really difficult. Hope his voice gets used to tewering again soon!

Made wrote:
Quote :

@thedavidcook To all the Tulsa VIP folks: sorry I was unable to talk with you. Voice isn't cooperating much today. Thanks for understanding.

Aww, poor thing! Having to speak to 100+ people at the VIPs plus the show must be really difficult. Hope his voice gets used to tewering again soon!

Poor guy !!! I wish he could have a couple of days to recover his voice and his sore throat ! Fingers Crossed!!!

Guest Guest

From Ground Control's media/VIP photos

Guest Guest

Oh my, those eyes... Thud

Guest Guest
Click on the "full size" button. I swear his eyes are hypnotic.

justforme wrote:

ExcitedExcitedExcited He's covering Bruce?! He might just kill me. And those eyes... holy hell that picture is gorgeous.

Guest Guest
Thanks Lisa! He has perfect skin. I think I hate him.

Found this at the photos from today M&G - I hope Kathy doesn't get mad with me for posting here....
But it is too funny not to share !
I can imagine his face when he saw this !! Very Happy

Kathy (cougarslovecook) gave him a t-shirt with this :

Duct Tape fixes everything

and they took a pic with it wrapped at his leg... LOL flag

Guest Guest
LOL flag That's great! I bet he keeps and actually wears that shirt.