Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/20/11 - Santa Rosa, CA - Wells Fargo Center for the Arts Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the October 20, 2011, Santa Rosa, CA, Wells Fargo Center for the Arts concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMBEDDED USTREAM

Tonight's Set List

Circadian
Kiss on the Neck
The Last Goodbye
Hard to Believe
Heroes
We Believe
Paper Heart
Come Back to Me
Right Here, with You
Movin' Out (Billy Joel cover)
Let Me Fall for You
Goodbye to the Girl
Bar-ba-sol
Light On
Fade Into Me
Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest
List of photobucket/flickr/twitpic/etc. collections of photos.

Wire Image thumbnails wireimage

David, Gavin and Carolina Liar courtesy of Scott Thanks Scott!

Our own Queen Maeva's photos Thanks Mae!

Courtesy of freeciegovin Thanks freecie!

VIP meet and greet photos http://davidcooktix.com/media/photos/15331

From Mae's collection

Guest Guest
Best Videos

We Believe from zAnodyne

Guest Guest
Links to recap posts/press related posts.

Press Democrat Idol Chatter review Bill Pinella reviews the concert

Mae's recap

Guest Guest
Safe travels and have fun everyone who is going! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Guest Guest

Have a wonderful time everyone going
Mega Rock

It's finally here! Excited2

Can't wait to see them playing live again, it's been waaay too long!

I'm going to update my Twitter with my phone during the entire night. Will post a recap tomorrow, cause by the time me and fiancee get back home after the concert will be way too late.

Guest Guest

Have a great time, Mae, and everyone going to this concert! Dancin Smiley

Everybody have a rockin' time tonight and can't wait for the recaps, pics, and videos tomorrow.

DEBRA Joy dance

Guest Guest
Have a wonderful time Mae!!! and everyone else going!

Just found out David is the last one playing today, which means we're not gonna miss the beginning of his set Excited2

Guest Guest
Yahoo! Mae!

Have a great time, and come back and tell us all about it!

Janesixtytwo
Soundcheck was fab - no pix allowed - TMO, FIM, LMFFY - joking in between - very fun. About 80 ppl here-60 from dctix and 80 from radio sta.

David wearing Skelaton sweatshirt again. asked if anyone saw his thing from Portland yesterday - I said where's your Santa suit? He said 'Well right now I'm all skin and bones (gesturing to sweatshirt) - he's quick!

Mix1049
Danny with David Cook and the band! fb.me/1gxKFWUda

Monty is reportedly playing with Carolina Liar. @janesixtytwo is taking video. Idk how will it go since earlier they said no camera/phone allowed.

I think the skeleton sweatshirt/jacket he's wearing is for Halloween and it will go 'back into storage' come November 1. LOL Face

Guest Guest
Janesixtytwo Jane
Set List:
Spoiler:

justforme wrote:
http://davidcooktix.com/media/photos/15331

Some of the meet and greet pics from tonight are hilarious!

LMAO - David aside, Kyle has gotta the most imaginative in breaking the monotony of posing for each M&G fan - with Devin coming close second. Andy appears the least bothered by the monotony - rarely changing his expression.. LOL flag

Guest Guest
Quote :
Janesixtytwo Jane
Show over - amazing show! David was in a great mood, loved the audience, did some funny banter. Plenty of vid and pix being taken!

Quote :
Janesixtytwo Jane
@lovethemusic I don't have a lot of good pix but I have a few and a vid of banter where he imitates guy dancing - hilarious - hope came out!

She also said that no videos or pics is the venue's normal "official" policy, but they were fine with it... the only thing security was on people about was standing in the aisles. So it's all good and we should have lots to see!

Guest Guest
There weren't this morning when I got up, but then we're talking a 3 hour time difference from east coast here too. I saw several folks tweeting that they got them, so I'm sure they'll start showing up once the west-coasters wake up. (And I think some are also going to Reno for the show today, so they may not be able to upload them until tomorrow.)

Morning all!

Can't wait to see the video of David imitating guys dance moves... just saying it out loud kinda makes me giggle LOL Face

just editing to add my fav quote/tweet from last night. found it on FoolsApril's tour thread on DCO:

Quote :
@Bunny_Cannon: "Feel free to move around, or touch the people around you if it's consensual." -David Cook, to the audience.

Guest Guest

"We Believe" posted by zAnodyne-thanks!

So here goes my recap!

Got off work at 5ish and had all planned. I live 40min away from San Francisco, so I took the train and the BART to meet Andrew (my fiancee) in the city--he works there. It took me a few minutes to meet him at the station he was waiting for me cause I've never been there before lol

We drove to Santa Rosa, most part of the road was okay, except for one point that took us almost 30 min to go through. We arrived there at 8ish and Carolina Liar was already playing. Got our tickets at the Box Office and went to a burger place nearby to have dinner. By the time we came back to the venue Garvin was playing. There were these Garvin super fans beside us, the girls were screaming and going crazy with everything he said. One of them talked to Andrew saying he was a nice dude for going there with me, cause her boyfriend didn't wanna go with her. She was nice, but screaming right on our ears lol

Garvin's set was over and then we waited for David. Andrew was exhausted and I was too, and we still had a 2 hours drive back home, so we decided to live at 11:30ish. The concert started--and then it was my turn to scream LOL We didn't have the best seats ever, we were on the floor, Devin's side and almost on the last rows, but it was a good view though.

The boys where ON FIRE. I don't remember seeing David like that before! They played Circadian and Kiss on the Neck came right after it, I even liked The Last Goodbye live--not a big fan of it, honestly. The vibe was so awesome! David said that he had the louder crowd of the night, and it was the first time he was saying that on this tour--and although I didn't see the audience reacting to Carolina Liar, I have to agree that David's fans were louder than Gravin's LOL And then he added something like "maybe it's the wine, I don't know, I can't remember anymore" LMAO

They played Hard to Believe--beautiful live!--and Heroes. I got emotional during Heroes because it brought me last year's Race for Hope memories. And then they killed me with We Believe. When they put This Loud Morning streaming on, this was the first song I listened to, and it became a special song to me and Andrew. Earlier that same day, Andrew had told me about his worse day ever in the Army, when he was in Iraq and almost got killed. He told me that day he realized God had other plans for him, that he still had something else to do here. And then I got home and listened to We Believe and cried like a baby. Showed him the song--and he even has it on a CD that we often listen to while we're driving. I was hoping that they would play it last night, and when I realized it was We Believe I was already crying...

Paper Heart came after, and then Come Back to Me. Andrew said he knew Come Back to Me from the radio--funny fact, he knew who David was when I first told him about David, he knew Magic Rainbows LOL After Come Back to Me he came closer to the audience and pointed to 2 girls who were dancing during the song, and then to a guy. He made an impression of the guy dancing--hilarious!--and then said "I have a feeling this is going to be on Youtube tomorrow." I hope it is, because it was awesome LOL

They played Right Here, With You--another beautiful song live!--and then David talked a bit about the covers and they played Movin' Out. Andrew got all excited about it, cause it was a song he knew LOL

Let Me Fall For You is one of my favorites from This Loud Morning, so I was totally excited when they started playing it! Loved Andy's vocals at the end, so beautiful to listen to his voice with the last lines of the lyrics... We were getting ready to leave--it was past 11:30--when they started Goodbye to the Girl, so we stayed for that one--another favorite from the new record. David said that that was going to sound weird, but that song was special to him because of "this dude on my right, Andy". Simply stunning to listen to it live, and even though I had to leave then, I had a great time and was so happy that I got to listen to it.

We heard a little bit of Bar-ba-sol as we walked out--I had to go to the restroom and Andrew was talking to one of the ladies who works at the venue when I came out, she said the sound was not as great as usual last night, that Gavin's sound was awful. I thought David's sound was pretty good, but honestly don't remember Gavin's, my bad LOL

We got home 1:30ish and had just a few hours of sleep, but going to the concert was soooo worthy. On the way home Andrew told me David was, hands down, the best of the night, he really liked them.

I took a few pictures, not sure how they came out. Will check them in a bit if I have a chance, or later today.

Forgot to mention, saw Andy leaving the bus as we headed to our car to go have dinner. Andrew was like "you should say hi to the dude!" and I said "no way" LOL

Guest Guest
Aww, Mae... so glad you had such a great time! Sounds like an amazing concert!

I'm glad I decided to take the chances and go, Jeannie, because it was amazing indeed! The venue was far away from us, weekdays are complicated for us, and Andrew is working until later than usual today, but I would do all over again if needed LOL

Guest Guest

Mae-great recap-so glad you got to go & had a great time!

Here is GTTG by zAnodyne - thanks!

Mae, loved your recap! So happy that you and Andrew got to go. Yahoo!

DEBRA

Guest Guest

"Let Me Fall for You"-also by zAnodyne-thanks again!

Thanks Barb and Debra!

Going through my pics right now. Got a few decent shots. Most of them are a blur though LOL Why does David keep moving around? LOL

Mae, your recap literally brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad it was all you could have wanted and that Andrew thoroughly enjoyed himself too. And your CalTrain (I assume?) and BART experience wasn't too harrowing lol. How wonderful that you and he got your "We Believe." Crying

Your story also brought up Race for Hope memories for me too - I really hope you can make it again next year, maybe with Andrew. I really missed you last year! Uber hug

Almost perfect. You totally should have waved & said Hi to Andy, though, silly goose!

Mae, your recap literally brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad it was all you could have wanted and that Andrew thoroughly enjoyed himself too. And your CalTrain (I assume?) and BART experience wasn't too harrowing lol. How wonderful that you and he got your "We Believe." Crying

Your story also brought up Race for Hope memories for me too - I really hope you can make it again next year, maybe with Andrew. I really missed you last year! Uber hug

Almost perfect. You totally should have waved & said Hi to Andy, though, silly goose!
'''

Ha! Look who's talkin. Smile j/k Stacy. Smile

Mae, I loved your recap. And i'm so happy you guys got the song that meant so much to the two of you. And how awesome is it that Andrew went with you on a weeknight, when it wasn't exactly convenient. Bet you both pass out tonight!

Mae, thanks for the great summary! So glad you got to go, had a great time, and shared it with your special someone.

Guest Guest
LOL flag Thanks Sarah!

Mae, Thanks for your recap and sharing your pics with us. I'm so glad that you made it there in time for David's set.

Guest Guest

Thanks, Sarah LOL flag

Mae, loooved your recap and pics. They are awesome!

OMG, this one... Thud!

Sarah, thanks for the video! I realized too late I could had recorded the banters, cause my camera only goes weird with music, not with him talking... There was a lady in front of me who recorded a lot of his songs, but even though David himself mentioned there were a few people taking pictures in the front rows, I didn't see a lot of people recording/taking pictures, overall. I personally noticed already that there are less videos on this tour than on the first one, whenever I go work on MP3s there's not a lot of options...

Aaaaw HugHugHugHug

Yes, I took CalTrain and BART, and all worked out just perfectly! You know how CalTrain is, you lose one and have to wait 30 min or so for the next one, so it really worked out yesterday.

I was hoping so much we would get to hear We Believe. When Kyle started the first "bumps" on the drums--no idea how you call that LMAO--I was already "oh-my-god" LOL Andrew said it was David's best performance last night, his opinion.

I'm going to the Race next year, with or without him! We just don't know yet if he'll be able to join me or not, we'll find out closer to it. Can't wait for it!!!

LOL I thought it was kinda odd. We were walking and I saw him and I was like "oh, that's Andy", and Andrew was saying something and he said "go there say hi!" and I was like "no way!", and at that point Andy was already heading to the venue, he was checking something on his phone, not even sure if he saw us...

@vsteph1 wrote:
Mae, I loved your recap. And i'm so happy you guys got the song that meant so much to the two of you. And how awesome is it that Andrew went with you on a weeknight, when it wasn't exactly convenient. Bet you both pass out tonight!

I'm still so excited about the concert that haven't got a chance to feel tired LOL Had a dentist appointment this afternoon and planned on taking a nap after getting home, but here I am LOL Andrew has to work late today, I bet he's exhausted and is going to get home and crash on our bed. When I first told him about David and how important to me he was, Andrew right away said he'd love to go to his concert with me. He said more than once last night that he was glad he went there with me, he was really happy to see me happy Awww Love

@redsoxmom wrote:
Mae, thanks for the great summary! So glad you got to go, had a great time, and shared it with your special someone.

I'm a really lucky girl for having found Andrew Awww Love

justforme wrote:
Mae, Thanks for your recap and sharing your pics with us. I'm so glad that you made it there in time for David's set.

Aw, thanks Barb! It was quite an adventure, but I'm so happy we went there!

Made wrote:
Thanks, Sarah LOL flag

Mae, loooved your recap and pics. They are awesome!

OMG, this one... Thud!

I took over 150 pics. About 60 were okay, some more decent than the others LOL Lots of blurs, some really dark... I got lucky at BG cause it was outdoors and had natural light, when it's indoors it depends on the light--sorry Terry, but my camera hates the blue light LOL

Guest Guest
lol, Mae! I do miss Terry!

Guest Guest
pressdemocrat.org - by Bill Pinella

Quote :

One tough task: reviewing a David Cook concert

It was nearly 2 a.m. Friday (Oct. 21, 2011) inSanta Rosa. Late even by rock stars’ standards.

But there stood David Cook and his touring compadre Gavin DeGraw in the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts posing, signing, cajoling adoring fans who had lined up for a “Meet ‘n Greet” function after the duos tour stop in Santa Rosa.

That’s when the girl in her mid-20s walked up to DeGraw for the obligatory photo op and an autograph.

“Who should I make this out to?” DeGraw asked as he had done about 200 times already.

“Oh,” she said, “just sign It to ‘Sexy b—–!”

DeGraw was stunned and looked over to Cook. “Did you hear that?” he asked.

“Sure did,” Cook answered.

So it went following a 4 ½-hour concert that featured three bands, about 1,200 fans in the facility that seats approximately 1,500. There was plenty of elbow-room.

Asking me to technically review a music concert in general and a Cook effort in particular is fruitless. I wouldn’t know a flat note from a flat tire. I’m just a guy with a set of headphones and an IPod. No more, no less. Probably the best type of consumer for Cook and DeGraw.

And I’ll make no bones about it – I’m a Cook apologist. Musically, as an entertainer, as a human being I haven’t come across much that I don’t like. Ran into him first from my couch when I stumbled on to his act in Season 7 of American Idol and I haven’t let go since.

I enjoy his voice, the songs he writes, the lyrics, the melodies, the band … oh, have I mentioned that I think his drummer is the unsung hero of the group.

And Thursday night gave me little reason to deviate from my enjoyment of his talent. He sang 14 songs as the concluding act of the concert and none disappointed me.

More

Guest Guest
The OP of this thread has been updated with some videos that I didn't see posted here in the thread.