Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/23/11 - Phoenix AZ, Arizona State Fair Concert

Ugh. Sooooo not into skinny guys. I like a guy who looks like he can overpower me. Not one that I can beat at arm wrestling without breaking a sweat. (And I'm little so this really isn't asking too much, LOL).

Sounds like a great show, though! I too am puzzled by venues being so strict with videos. WTH?

I hear ya im tiny too i miss him pudgy are sure he there's not a lil meat on him? Crying

Guest Guest

So last night's acoustic FIM was because his guitar tech screwed up and put the capo on the wrong fret. The band came out and would have been playing in a different key, so he had to stop them. Joked they were all like, "All right... what a tool!" after he told Devin, "I've got this one." LOL Face

He did think it came out very cool, though.

Guest Guest

I was wondering what was going on! I couldn't tell what he said mid-song. How did you find that out, Jeannie? I LOVED that rendition! I hope he does it again! Thanks for the scoop. Awww Love

I was happy with how my picture with the band turned out. I'll try to post it soon. I seem to have to re-learn the process every time. There is something wrong with my brain...it just doesn't retain things like that.

Guest Guest
He talked about it at the radio show they did this afternoon. Tracy was ustreaming it, and I was able to listen. I put a thread in DD with what I could remember of his Q&A.

I love the acoustic FIM, thanks for posting a great vid with super audio. I hope he decides to do this version again, tho Im still loving the electric guitar version he did in Columbus Smile

I don't think he's too skinny at all, he looks good and has more muscle to him. He still has a bit of a belly to him, look at any of the pics of him in a tight T-shirt.

Ahhh, so FIM was a pleasant accident? Awesome. I personally loved it to bits. in the video's i've seen, when the guys come in on the song all of a sudden I can't hear David so much. The guitars sort of drowned him out. And I love his voice on this song.

@vsteph1 wrote:
Jen, I loved your recap. I'm so glad I got a chance to meet you. I can't wait to see everyone's pics if they ever post them.

More importantly: YAY for your daughter getting to come home!!!!

it was nice meeting your husband. I know he loved The Hand that Feeds (like me Smile ) But did he enjoy the rest of the show?

Yes he did. He said when we left, man that guy can sing! LOL

Watching all of these great videos has made me realize something.

Like many of you (coughStacycough) I miss seeing David perform without his guitar. But it's clear from all of these performances that he loves playing it. If that's what he loves to do, if that's what he's comfortable with at the moment, then we're going to get sexier, hotter performances than if he were up there without his guitar feeling exposed (heh) and vulnerable.

Guest Guest

I agree with you, dp. As much as I love guitar-less David, I've seen how much he enjoys playing while singing. So, if that's what makes him happy then be it! His eyes and body language are so expressive that he manages to transmit a lot anyway.

Chris, I'm soo happy for you that you finally met David. Can't wait for your full recap Very Happy

And Jen, happy for you as well. So cool that your husband also enjoyed the show Great And about your daughter that's wonderful news!!!

Word Nerds Meeting at Phoenix :

dsc03710.jpg
Viv - Chris - Jen - Paula

Great picture, ladies! Love it! Glad that you got to meet each other, have a rockin' time at the concert, and meet our gorgeous BF. Yahoo!

DEBRA

The Only Full Video I shot... I have 2 more partials and tons of photos...

I love the group photo. You all look so happy! I'm thrilled that you got to meet David! cheers

Guest Guest

Chris-great group photo & also your other ones are beautiful! I love the first one-those that catch him in a far off look & even a little hair flip there. It's like he is taking in the crowd-just love those shots!

So glad you were able to finally meet David! Awww Love Looking forward to your recap!

I missed the first seconds of the song cause I needed stop recording - I was interrupted by a guy asking about my bag which was at someone else seat. I started to record again and got this video... almost full....

ShookByCook wrote:
Chris-great group photo & also your other ones are beautiful! I love the first one-those that catch him in a far off look & even a little hair flip there. It's like he is taking in the crowd-just love those shots!

So glad you were able to finally meet David! Awww Love Looking forward to your recap!

Thanks Barb !!
There's so much to tell.... I'm still organizing my ideas in order to put the best recap possible !!

Guest Guest
Chris, Thanks for the photos! I love your group picture.

Made wrote:
I agree with you, dp. As much as I love guitar-less David, I've seen how much he enjoys playing while singing. So, if that's what makes him happy then be it! His eyes and body language are so expressive that he manages to transmit a lot anyway.

Chris, I'm soo happy for you that you finally met David. Can't wait for your full recap Very Happy

And Jen, happy for you as well. So cool that your husband also enjoyed the show Great And about your daughter that's wonderful news!!!

Thanks Made !! It's beyond anything I've dared to dream.... I'll post the recap ASAP !!!
Group Hug1

Bar-Ba-Sol End.... I was taking some photos and decided to shot a video..that's why I shot the video vertically... and had to turn it to post here !!

justforme wrote:
Chris, Thanks for the photos! I love your group picture.

Thanks Barb... Blow Kisses It's awesome to meet so many amazing WNs friends !

Guest Guest
Chris, love your pictures - and the group photo. I'm glad your dream finally came true for you, and in such a good way!

We just got home last night from the hospital. My hubby got a ton of good shots with his camera. As soon as I get a break in this crazy house I will upload the pictures he took. At one point David out the guitar behind him and kept singing, I made sure hubby got those too. I was dead center like Chris but in the section behind A. I was in C. They had to take out the row where my seats were to accommodate wheelchairs. So I got a little bit better then I had. I love the group picture of us!

@Piper wrote:
Word Nerds Meeting at Phoenix :

dsc03710.jpg
Viv - Chris - Jen - Paula

OK, just so you know, I had just dumped a bottle of water on my head before this was taken. lol. It was 97 degrees out. I have one of my pics with Dave, I will post later. To be honest, I look awful. But my Sis looks adorable in it. Should never pour water on your head before a photo op Smile

Great Pictures Ladies so nice to see Viv and Chris You all look good. Chris you look Great and glad you had a great time.

Ok, here's my pic with the guys. i love this picture cause my sister was so happy to meet David and she had fun with him. She wasn't nervous at all. I on the other hand.....

@vsteph1 wrote:
Ok, here's my pic with the guys. i love this picture cause my sister was so happy to meet David and she had fun with him. She wasn't nervous at all. I on the other hand.....

Mega Rock I loved it !! I'll post my 2 funny photos with Dave here too!! The ones I took at
The M&G with Gavin !!!

Chris, those are AWESOME. The more I hear about and read about Gavin, the more I am sorry I didn't get to meet him. He just seems like a really cool guy. From all reports he's lovin meet DC Fans. I sure hope Gavin fans have enjoyed meeting Dave. Everyone has just nice things to say about Gavin. I love that.

@vsteph1 wrote:
Chris, those are AWESOME. The more I hear about and read about Gavin, the more I am sorry I didn't get to meet him. He just seems like a really cool guy. From all reports he's lovin meet DC Fans. I sure hope Gavin fans have enjoyed meeting Dave. Everyone has just nice things to say about Gavin. I love that.

Yes Viv !!
Gavin is a cute nice funny guy !!!
It's worthwhile wait to have our M&G after the show !!
We got a very relaxed one - with no hurry, plenty of time to talk to Dave and the band and also got the M&G with Dave and Gavin as an extra "treat" !!!

@Piper wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:

Yes Viv !!
Gavin is a cute nice funny guy !!!
It's worthwhile wait to have our M&G after the show !!
We got a very relaxed one - with no hurry, plenty of time to talk to Dave and the band and also got the M&G with Dave and Gavin as an extra "treat" !!!

I would love to have stayed. i even tried to figure out where I could scrounge up $45 (so did my sis) to attend the after m&g. But, that just wasn't possible. Besides she had a family event to go to, that I was OK not attending. I think it is awesome that so many of us have had the chance to hear Gavin's music and meet with him, and I hope for the most part were respectful. I haven't heard any negative stories about us anyways. I keep my timeline on twitter fairly positive though, so I miss a lot of drama.

Lol. I just got a look at my avi, and I guess I forgot which pic it was, and i kinda gasped.

Chris your photos are gorgeous!! thank you for sharing!!

I'm so happy you finally got the chance to meet him and experience the davetrance. Looking forward to your recap Very Happy

[img] pa230212.jpg[/img]

Here is one the hubby got. He took a total of 304 pictures during the show. He is totally AWESOME and I love him!

Guest Guest
That's a really cool picture, Jeniffer!

[img] pa230212.jpg[/img]

Here is one the hubby got. He took a total of 304 pictures during the show. He is totally AWESOME and I love him!

Woah, Jen, that pic is incredible. Can't wait to see more.

@vsteph1 wrote:
Lol. I just got a look at my avi, and I guess I forgot which pic it was, and i kinda gasped.

Viv this photo was took by Sheri (the lady that went with me at the show) at Sacramento.

[img] pa230213.jpg[/img]

[img] pa230214.jpg[/img]

[img] pa230310.jpg[/img]

I wasn't that close, but I am happy with the pictures I got.

Oh and thanks Jeannie, I think it is pretty cool too!

Thanks everyone for all the beautiful pics and awesome video!!! Thank you all for risking your "lives" at the hands of the camera nazis! LOL I love the group pic!! You all look equally excited!! Fun times!!!

@pn112 wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the beautiful pics and awesome video!!! Thank you all for risking your "lives" at the hands of the camera nazis! LOL I love the group pic!! You all look equally excited!! Fun times!!!

Thanks Peggy...
AAMOF no nazi bothered me.... and I was at front row... but I ended not shooting more vids to enjoy the show and David so close to me... But took more than 100 pics... I'm trying to figured out where I'm going to store them... and I'll post here the link !

SOURCE

Quote :
Concert: David Cook and Gavin DeGraw in Phoenix
inShare
'American Idol' winner David Cook and piano-playing pop star Gavin DeGraw provided a one-two punch during their co-headlining tour, which hit the Arizona State Fair's Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix on Sunday (10/23). // Tour dates at SoundSpike
Photo: Elisa Sherman / SoundSpike
Story by Christina Fuoco-Karasinski
SoundSpike Contributor
Published October 24, 2011 09:45 PM

"American Idol" winner David Cook and piano-playing pop star Gavin DeGraw provided a one-two punch during their co-headlining tour, which hit the Arizona State Fair's Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix on Sunday (10/23).

Cook's gritty pop-rock sound nicely complemented DeGraw's intimate yet powerful act. Both singers have natural voices that would fly on their own, without the help of musicians or background singers. However, they each seemed a little rushed, cutting stage banter to the core and hurrying through songs.

The bearded vocalist Cook, who won the Fox Television show in 2008's season seven, began the show promptly at 6 p.m., with a startling announcement: the lights went down and a woman screamed without warning, "I said lights out!"

Cook promptly kicked off his hourlong set with "Circadian" from his latest album, "This Loud Morning." He sang the lyrics with conviction, as if he was experiencing the pain: "Mayday/Somebody save me now/And I'm closing my eyes 'cause once the sun rises/It's out of my hands/It's out of my hands."

The crowd responded fervently, holding signs proclaiming Cook sexy, or offering a marriage proposal. Fans could relate to his song "Heroes," especially when spotlights searched Veterans Memorial Coliseum and Cook emphatically sang, "Maybe there's a hero in us all."

His set was evenly split between "This Loud Morning" and his 2008 self-titled release. It was the hits "Come Back to Me" and "Light On" that really got a rise out of the audience. The poor teenage fans looked confused, however, when Cook and his band covered the industrial-metal mainstay "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails.

There were no surprises in DeGraw's set -- and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The U2-inspired "Candy" began the set by the musician, who made news in August when three men attacked him, breaking his nose and causing a concussion and other injuries. The familiar strains of "Chariot" filled the arena next; he urged fans to "Put your hands up" during the bridge.

"Sweeter," which, like his hit "Not Over You," was co-written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, really injected energy into the show. Same with "In Love With a Girl," which was a furious blend of vocals and piano. DeGraw spent most of his time behind the piano, but sauntered over to a microphone for some songs.

He paid tribute to The Script, who played last year's Arizona State Fair, by performing a snippet of "Breakeven" before kicking into "Follow Through." DeGraw injected humor into his hourlong set, asking how many of his fans had been in love before and currently. He then inquired about who wanted to basically dump the person next to them. There was an odd amount of cheering.

"This is a very, very beautiful crowd," DeGraw said in one of the few times he spoke to the audience. "I think we should move to this town."

Guest Guest

Thanks all for your wonderful pics, videos and recaps! Sooo, sooo happy for you all for having had such a great experience Very Happy

I'm so enjoying all the vids, pics and recaps! Thanks so much everybody! Blow Kisses

DEBRA

Finally got through the whole thread. I enjoyed reading everyone's recaps, as always. Chris, I am so happy for you!! Your pics with David and Gavin all came out so well! Smile I loved the group photo.

Thanks as always for the pics and videos. Acoustic FIM was gorgeous. Awww Love

....oh, and I'm officially jealous you VIP ladies got Creep - with hilarious alternative lyrics too! LOL Face

@Piper wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:

Viv this photo was took by Sheri (the lady than went with me at the show) at Sacramento.

Just out of curiousity, Chriis, how many Sheri's do you know? lol Is the picture taker for my avi one of the Sheri's I met this weekend? or is it another Sheri? Either way, tell her her picture rocks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.