Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/26/11 - Pomona, CA - The Fox Theater Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the October 26, 2011, Pomona, CA, The Fox Theater concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The setlist:

Circadian
Kiss on the Neck (w /Hotel California)
The Last Goodbye
Hard to Believe
Heroes (Champagne Supernova)
We Believe
Paper Heart
Come Back to Me
Right Here, with You
Stockholm Syndrome (Muse cover)
Goodbye to the Girl
Barbasol
Light On (w/Kyle's son, Hayden, on guitar)
Fade Into Me (acoustic)

Guest Guest
Best Videos

Circadian courtesy of jsalow2

Guest Guest

Links to recap posts/press related posts.

Orange County Register review

Guest Guest
Hope everyone who is going has a great time at the concert!

@Piper wrote:
Everybody going have a great time !!! DC CheerleaderThe Wave

Dittos to having a great time! Excited2

DEBRA

Guest Guest
LOL flag
@shirleyhalperin: View to a thrill yfrog.com/h663251443j

Guest Guest
shirleyhalperin shirleyhalperin
"Tonight I wanna see a mosh pit." -@thedavidcook yfrog.com/kg5ypemj

I trust in Pomona to do a helluva mosh pit! Smile)

Hope everyone has fun tonight!

Guest Guest
Excited2 Another new cover at sound check. Well a partial cover.

Declaration, In the Air Tonight (chorus only), The Hand that Feeds

OH MY GOD
I would LOVE to hear him sing In The Air Tonight

Myself also. I usually get a ride to work from my mom. She plays the local HAC station on the commute to work. Everytime I hear that song, I already think, "Hmm...I think David could actually cover this song in concert."

me ---> Banging head

Guest Guest
Wait!!!!

"In the Air Tonight" as in Phil Collins??

HOLY SHIT!!!!

@cjester27 wrote:
OH MY GOD
I would LOVE to hear him sing In The Air Tonight

Myself also. I usually get a ride to work from my mom. She plays the local HAC station on the commute to work. Everytime I hear that song, I already think, "Hmm...I think David could actually cover this song in concert."

me ---> Banging head

Good luck with that. Smile

Guest Guest
shirleyhalperin shirleyhalperin
"For the nexy hour and change, you're stuck with our moderately good-looking asses," says @thedavidcook. Don't hear anyone complaining...

Quote :
@shirleyhalperin
"For the nexy hour and change, you're stuck with our moderately good-looking asses," says @thedavidcook. Don't hear anyone complaining...

THE PICS ARE HOT!!!
Speaking of hotness.... Drool

Since we got distracted by Stockholm Syndrome...I just realized that BBS WAS SIMPLY HOT!!!

DAMN THOSE VOCALS ALMOST AT THE END!

Guest Guest
Awww Love

Kyle's son, Hayden joined them onstage last night to play guitar during LO.

With thanks to John, jsalow2:

Guest Guest
The setlist:

Circadian
Kiss on the Neck (w /Hotel California)
The Last Goodbye
Hard to Believe
Heroes (Champagne Supernova)
We Believe
Paper Heart
Come Back to Me
Right Here, with You
Stockholm Syndrome (Muse cover)
Goodbye to the Girl
Barbasol
Light On (w/Kyle's son, Hayden, on guitar)
Fade Into Me (acoustic)

Guest Guest

Copying this onto this page since it was at the bottom, and it's too good to be missed:

Awww Love

Guest Guest

John's GTTG:

Who else got choked up when Kyle ran down and scooped his son up and spun him around at the end? lol

That was adorable.

Guest Guest

*raises hand* I did... and when Devin got down to help him with the guitar solo... these guys are all awesome. Awww Love

John's Circadian:

Guest Guest

And John's Stockholm Syndrome - John got some fantastic video... thanks John!

Guest Guest

Oh my, there can't be anything cutest and sweetest than that video with Hayden! This guys are just amazing and Hayden he took it very seriously! So endearing Heart

@vsteph1 wrote:
Who else got choked up when Kyle ran down and scooped his son up and spun him around at the end? lol

That was adorable.

I totally did. Oh my goodness that was the sweetest thing. What a proud Dad he is.. And how adorable is Hayden.

Jeannie wrote:
*raises hand* I did... and when Devin got down to help him with the guitar solo... these guys are all awesome. Awww Love

I could be wrong, but I actually thought Devin was trying to "hide" behind Hayden, to make it look to the crowd like Hayden was playing the solo. Either way.....totally adorable.

And I think they could've turned off every light in the venue and you still would have seen Kyle, he was beaming so brightly.

Made wrote:
Oh my, there can't be anything cutest and sweetest than that video with Hayden! This guys are just amazing and Hayden he took it very seriously!
So endearing Heart

Ditto.... Angel LoveAwww Love

Guest Guest
That may well be what he was doing, dorothy. I know he was whispering something to Hayden at one point. Regardless it was amazing, and shows what a great guy Devin is.

Seriously, that video made my morning. That is just the sweetest thing ever. Kyle was so proud and happy, the guys were all enjoying the hell out of it, Hayden did an awesome job - he's only what? Five years old? The audience was so into it...

That may officially be my favorite tour moment ever.

Jeannie wrote:

I could be wrong, but I actually thought Devin was trying to "hide" behind Hayden, to make it look to the crowd like Hayden was playing the solo. Either way.....totally adorable.

And I think they could've turned off every light in the venue and you still would have seen Kyle, he was beaming so brightly.

I thought the same thing, Dorothy.! So sweet.! Heart

Agreed.! And, the way he jumped from behind the drum kit when the song ended.... Awww Love

Jeannie wrote:
That may well be what he was doing, dorothy. I know he was whispering something to Hayden at one point. Regardless it was amazing, and shows what a great guy Devin is.

Seriously, that video made my morning. That is just the sweetest thing ever. Kyle was so proud and happy, the guys were all enjoying the hell out of it, Hayden did an awesome job - he's only what? Five years old? The audience was so into it...

That may officially be my favorite tour moment ever.

I thought that each of the guys paid special attention to Hayden.... allowing him a moment in the spotlight.
Just never know.... that could be the first of many.!

Mine too, Jeannie.!!

Think that Hayden is around 4 or 5....

I was thinking the very same thing.!! It's moments like that which solidify how amazing those guys truly are.!

I think that's my favorite Light On from the tour so far. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun, and it looked like Dave was laughing a couple of times while singing. *g*

Jeannie wrote:
Awww Love

I'm MeltMeltMelt !!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD.... Awww LoveAwww LoveAwww Love

Jeannie wrote:
Copying this onto this page since it was at the bottom, and it's too good to be missed:

Awww Love

I choked up too Kyle and David all the guys are just amazing Awww LoveCrying non-stop

Yea, David Cook and The Anthemic has cornered the market on cuteness!! That may be the cutest moment EVER occurring during a rock concert.

David seemed to be ON FIRE last night!! I could feel his energy through the screen!! I kept seeing in the chats - "I wish I was there". That said - David kind of pissed me off just a little when he said (just before FIM) that he appreciates everyone coming out to support live music despite ustream and youtube. I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with that boy!!! All the ustreams and videos do is create a frenzied desire to be there in person!!!!! Every comment I've ever seen regarding those mediums is, "Well, since I can't be there in person, I'll settle for this!" Everyone is DYING to be there in person! How can they not see that???? I plan on enlightening David to these facts, and imploring him to relay this back to the suits at the label, who obviously don't live in the real world!

Okay - I'm done now!! Rant over.

I think you misunderstood him. I think he meant, "People don't HAVE TO come and see me, because of ustream, but they still do, and I'm grateful for that". As if sitting in your living room watching David on your computer was just as good as seeing him live. I think he was just being self-deprecating, as usual.

@pn112 wrote:
Yea, David Cook and The Anthemic has cornered the market on cuteness!! That may be the cutest moment EVER occurring during a rock concert.

David seemed to be ON FIRE last night!! I could feel his energy through the screen!! I kept seeing in the chats - "I wish I was there". That said - David kind of pissed me off just a little when he said (just before FIM) that he appreciates everyone coming out to support live music despite ustream and youtube. I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with that boy!!! All the ustreams and videos do is create a frenzied desire to be there in person!!!!! Every comment I've ever seen regarding those mediums is, "Well, since I can't be there in person, I'll settle for this!" Everyone is DYING to be there in person! How can they not see that???? I plan on enlightening David to these facts, and imploring him to relay this back to the suits at the label, who obviously don't live in the real world!

Okay - I'm done now!! Rant over.

Peggy... I wonder if he meant it as .... I know you could have stayed home to watch... BUT... you choose to come to the
concert in person. Does that make sense.?? Don't think it was meant to be a dig against those who can't make it to shows....

At each Keith Urban concert that I've attended (and, it's starting to feel like I've seen him more than DC.!) he always makes sure
to thank the audience... mentioning about unemployment & the economy... that we decided to use our hard earned money to
attend a concert. Always makes me feel appreciated...

Just my two cents.... Flower Bouquet

Guest Guest
I think he knows that... I think he was just thanking folks for not settling for a ustream or videos when they have the opportunity to be there live.

I do think that is a concern for artists who (a) charge exorbitant prices for their concerts and (b) keep their shows pretty much the same every single night. Neither of which applies to David. He truly has kept his ticket prices (and VIPs) very reasonable. And his show is different every night; you never know exactly what you are going to get, song or banter-wise. He's mentioned in interviews how he knows that he has to keep things different because of ustream and youtube, and I can't fault him for acknowledging that. With him, it's not a problem, but I can definitely see how for some artists it would be.

Peggy... I wonder if he meant it as .... I know you could have stayed home to watch... BUT... you choose to come to the
concert in person. Does that make sense.?? Don't think it was meant to be a dig against those who can't make it to shows....

I think that is EXACTLY what he meant. Do we really think that David would EVER make any sort of dig against people who can't come to his shows? Never.

Guest Guest
I heard him say that on the stream and then I saw people on twitter saying "thanks for the ustream shout-out" and I was thinking "that wasn't a shout-out"...... however, I do think that "knowing" David as we do, I agree with DP and Shelley that he meant it as I can't believe you all come out to see me when you could stay at home and watch. Always self-depreciating..... and humble. He still can't believe people would pay more than a few bucks to come see him play.

kcbban wrote:
I heard him say that on the stream and then I saw people on twitter saying "thanks for the ustream shout-out" and I was thinking "that wasn't a shout-out"...... however, I do think that "knowing" David as we do, I agree with DP and Shelley that he meant it as I can't believe you all come out to see me when you could stay at home and watch. Always self-depreciating..... and humble. He still can't believe people would pay more than a few bucks to come see him play.

That's was my thought, Kathy... glad that what I typed out made sense.! High Five!

So many people have had to make cut backs in spending.... it's not always feasible to continue
with all the fun things. Which I'm guessing that he realizes....

Oh, and Kathy (cougarslovecook)... THANK YOU for bringing that pix over.!!
Feel free to torture us with more.... Great

Jeannie wrote:
I think he knows that... I think he was just thanking folks for not settling for a ustream or videos when they have the opportunity to be there live.

I do think that is a concern for artists who (a) charge exorbitant prices for their concerts and (b) keep their shows pretty much the same every single night. Neither of which applies to David. He truly has kept his ticket prices (and VIPs) very reasonable. And his show is different every night; you never know exactly what you are going to get, song or banter-wise. He's mentioned in interviews how he knows that he has to keep things different because of ustream and youtube, and I can't fault him for acknowledging that. With him, it's not a problem, but I can definitely see how for some artists it would be.

You know this makes me think of the convo I had with my sister last night, I was telling her that I am going to see David and finally going to get to meet him and she asked how much & I told her $75, she said that wasn't bad..her favorite singer, Rick Springfield charger's $299 for his VIP!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.