Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

Q for trebor

My clutch has slipped a couple of times on mk1 b12, but only in 4th and at nearly max revs.I think its air but i have no leaks but been been told it could also be the clutch springs.

The clutch never slips in any other gear it only happens when u give it a fist full.

Also doing the valve clearances do i need a new gasket?

plz help

Defo try another spring, at worst the clutch might need replacing but thay ain't too hard to do or that expensive, try an upgraded spring first.

If its the first time the covers been off you can get away without a new gasket, I did three adjustments but the third time it leaked so it's gotta come off again and have a new one fitted. Sad

When you put the rocker cover back on be very careful not to knock the spark plug gasket as its dead easy to knock it, and you will only know when you start her and oil pisses out. Shocked

Cheers rob, say it's only slipped a couple of times,so tomorrow instead of a gravity bleed im going to force bleed it in reverse through the master cylinder.

Will i lose any oil when changing the springs in clutch as ive just serviced it?

In the 13 years I've had her not had to do the clutch yet, touch wood, but leaned on the side stand you can take the clutch cover off and access the clutch with only loosing a minimal amount of oil,

As regarding bleeding, air in the system would only effect when engaging the clutch, it would make it difficult to change gear but once the lever is out and the clutch has engaged the flywheel any slipping will be down to worn plate,/ weak springs.

Gud luck with it.

Sorted the clutch rob thumbs it was the new piston kit i had put it the clutch lever, the piston was to long and it was'nt releasing properly.

So we filled the piston down slightly and hey presto it now works.. thumbs