• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

11/05/11 - York, PA - Pullo Center Concert

Guest Guest

My goodness! All the pics and videos keep getting better and better! Thud

Thanks all for posting Very Happy

My first David Cook concert and it was amazing!!! Had such a good time. I loved his in between songs banter with the crowd. My friend Jen scored a guitar pick from those he threw out to the crowd!!! And the WS cover... Excited I have to admit to being a little disappointed that he didn't sing "Goodbye to the Girl" my fav song on TLM.

I was sitting behind the sound/light guys so I was too far back to get any really good pics. Certainly nothing like the amazing ones already posted. Thud! But I'll share these:

Set List:

100_0010.jpg

Taken in the Pullo Center cafe. I thought these were cute:

100_0013.jpg

100_0014.jpg

Guest Guest

So happy that you had a great time, precious! And those cookies and special are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing Smile

I still have to catch up on all the videos but I did watch FIM. If he had sung this song as an unknown on Idol, exactly the way he sang it here, it would've been a defining moment for him. One of those jaw-(and panty-) dropping moments where people are kind of awestruck, and look around like "WTH was that???" Just gorgeous.

Guest Guest

I agree, dp. And watching and listening him sing FIM like that, I wanted to hug my computer screen Hug

Guest Guest

Karen (preciouskbabe), I'm so glad you had a great time. Very Happy Did you buy a David cookie?? I bet a David cookie would be really yummy. Wink

Made wrote:
I agree, dp. And watching and listening him sing FIM like that, I wanted to hug my computer screen Hug

^^Yes. Hug...and some other things that would be totally inappropriate to do to a computer screen.

I still have to catch up on all the videos but I did watch FIM. If he had sung this song as an unknown on Idol, exactly the way he sang it here, it would've been a defining moment for him. One of those jaw-(and panty-) dropping moments where people are kind of awestruck, and look around like "WTH was that???" Just gorgeous.

Made wrote:

^^Yes. Hug...and some other things that would be totally inappropriate to do to a computer screen.

I'm not sure about everyone else, because during that song no one else in the world existed other than David... David and me and the song connecting us... but I was like in a trance. All the other songs I was moving around and clapping or screaming or whatnot, but for FIM, I was just standing there utterly transfixed, staring at him, hands clutched to my chest, whisper-singing the song along with him, melting into a puddle of goo, panties figuratively on the floor, lol.

If I ever again have a man pour half as much feeling into me personally as David did that song/us that night, that'll be the one I never let go. I say "that song/us" and I KNOW this may be the cheesiest thing I've ever said, and I've said some cheesy shit let me tell you, lol... but he DID fade into us in that song. That song and David and me and everyone there was individually connected to him through that song. I've felt a connection to him and/or the people I'm with while he's sang plenty of times before, but nothing like this. I wish I could have seen what he saw when he turned up the house lights. We must've every one of us been just like me, Shocked, deer hypnotized by the headlights (the headlights being David, not the actual lights). I wish I could've seen what he saw, but there was nothing in the world could have caused me to take my eyes off him for one millisecond of that song. That song/him/us.

I'm not sure about everyone else, because during that song no one else in the world existed other than David... David and me and the song connecting us... but I was like in a trance.

It was like that for me watching the video. I can't imagine what it was like to be standing in front of him.

I'm not sure about everyone else, because during that song no one else in the world existed other than David... David and me and the song connecting us... but I was like in a trance.

It was like that for me watching the video. I can't imagine what it was like to be standing in front of him.

I can't even describe it. Everything I think of to try to describe falls fall short and yet sounds OTT cheesy and hopelessly trite. Time stood still. I don't smoke but I needed a cigarette afterward. And I had a great seat, up close... close enough to see when his always-wandering eyes happened to aim in my general direction for a few moments... Thud!

Guest Guest

You described it pretty well, Stacy! That's the feeling I had when watching the video and wanting to hug my computer screen. I wouldn't have survived it live Thud

Is it wrong that I am counting the minutes 'til I can leave work today to go home and watch this FIM another half dozen times and everything else from this night at least once?

ETA: Yay, the M&G photos are up! Here's mine:

I shoulda fixed my hair, lol, but I'm happy. Very Happy

Just reading the last 2 pages of this thread, and I'm in tears. Why?

And the pics coming out of the last few shows....... I can't find the words. But is it possible that he is even more beautiful? I mean seriously, they are just.....

Damn, I can't find the words. This is such an odd relationship. But the connection between him and us is just...... I can't fucking find the words.

@vsteph1 wrote:

And the pics coming out of the last few shows....... I can't find the words. But is it possible that he is even more beautiful? I mean seriously, they are just.....

Damn, I can't find the words. This is such an odd relationship. But the connection between him and us is just...... I can't fucking find the words.

I know what you mean, Viv. I know. Hug

@vsteph1 wrote:

Awwww, Stacy, I just noticed your avi. I love it. You both look gorgeous.

@vsteph1 wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:

Awwww, Stacy, I just noticed your avi. I love it. You both look gorgeous.

Thanks. Very Happy I really wish I had thought of something, anything to say to him this time. I drew a total blank. Maybe I'll meet him again in a year or something so maybe I should start trying to think of what to say now. Words always fail me with him in person. I'm much, much better at writing him Sentiments, though I have not been doing that so much for a while. I wrote one Sunday though and I'm working in one right now. Through yet MORE tears. lol. Anyway, I want to figure out some way to get a real smile, or a laugh, out of him for a photo one day. Smile

Don't think anyone's posted a "Heroes" yet, so here is one by
100puffins:

Love the "Fantastic!" in it. Smile

Finally got something of what I want to say out in a Sentiment. I feel better.

Guest Guest

Charilie Brown teacher banter

by angelangiekc

Okay, I thought about it and I hereby officially rescind my silly challenge to David. Not that he'll read either the challenge or this follow-up post, but... on the off-chance he does read the challenge, it'll more likely cause the opposite reaction to my intent (make him NOT take the guitar off at Irving Plaza). If it were to cause any reaction at all from him. He wouldn't want anyone to think he did it because a fan dared him to and promised him something in return.

KWIM?

So, challenge rescinded. I was just being silly, really, just reaching, trying to express my desperate need to see him live, singing a song not standing still hiding behind a guitar even just one more time in my whole goddamn life. This show was fucking amazing. It pleased me on all kinds of levels. Definitely one of my favorite concerts ever. But it didn't make me stop missing guitarless Dave.

So, David, again on the off-chance you read this, PLEASE sing a song with no guitar at Irving Plaza. Zeppelin would be awesome. Anodyne would be a dream come true but I've given up hope on that dream. But really, anything. It could be Time of my fucking Life. I speak not just for myself but for the thousands of your fans who miss glimpses of guitarless Dave, hundreds of whom I'm sure will be at Irving Plaza. I promise I won't embarrass you by flashing you. Unless you ask for it. LOL! I'm sure you have no desire to be blinded by my über-white boobs lol.

ShookByCook wrote:
Fade Into Me-posted by Drusilla89-thanks!

Ah! That totally made me cry watching it again!

OMG - this rendition simply takes my breath away - David's lilting voice sounding so pure - FIM's melody so hauntingly beautiful! Just perfect! Awww Love

Stacy - so I see from your avi that you finally got that that long awaited hug from David - you look quite lovely and fetching in that sexy red attire! Dancin Smiley

Okay, I thought about it and I hereby officially rescind my silly challenge to David. Not that he'll read either the challenge or this follow-up post, but... on the off-chance he does read the challenge, it'll more likely cause the opposite reaction to my intent (make him NOT take the guitar off at Irving Plaza). If it were to cause any reaction at all from him. He wouldn't want anyone to think he did it because a fan dared him to and promised him something in return.

KWIM?

So, challenge rescinded. I was just being silly, really, just reaching, trying to express my desperate need to see him live, singing a song not standing still hiding behind a guitar even just one more time in my whole goddamn life. This show was fucking amazing. It pleased me on all kinds of levels. Definitely one of my favorite concerts ever. But it didn't make me stop missing guitarless Dave.

So, David, again on the off-chance you read this, PLEASE sing a song with no guitar at Irving Plaza. Zeppelin would be awesome. Anodyne would be a dream come true but I've given up hope on that dream. But really, anything. It could be Time of my fucking Life. I speak not just for myself but for the thousands of your fans who miss glimpses of guitarless Dave, hundreds of whom I'm sure will be at Irving Plaza. I promise I won't embarrass you by flashing you. Unless you ask for it. LOL! I'm sure you have no desire to be blinded by my über-white boobs lol.

LOL Face I totally get your desire to see guitarless Dave. When he gave plaid shirt guy the choices of Muse and Led, I yelled Led for that reason alone. I knew I would see him without the guitar.

Here are my shots from York --- I think the Cleveland batch is better. Lighting was better in Cleveland.

york_410.jpg

york_411.jpg

york_412.jpg

york_413.jpg

york_511.jpg

york_512.jpg

york_513.jpg

york_514.jpg

york_515.jpg

york_516.jpg

york5010.jpg

yorl_410.jpg

york_414.jpg

york_415.jpg

york_416.jpg

york_417.jpg

york_418.jpg

york4010.jpg

york_110.jpg

york_210.jpg

york_310.jpg

york_510.jpg

york_610.jpg

york_710.jpg

york_810.jpg

york_910.jpg

york_111.jpg

york_112.jpg

york_113.jpg

york_114.jpg

york_115.jpg

york_116.jpg

york_117.jpg

york_118.jpg

york_211.jpg

york_212.jpg

-

Guest Guest

My goodness, Cindy! Your pics are gorrrrrgeous Awww Love

Guest Guest
Cindy, They look pretty damn amazing to me!

@vsteph1 wrote:

That's how I feel every fucking day. This must be some kind of alien-world I'm living in.
I can't possibly be in an amazing relationship with a man who doesn't know me. Lol. And the friends I've gained from that relationship.... invaluable.

Guest Guest
The first few posts of this thread have been updated with links to some amazing photo collections and videos.

Guest Guest
Thanks Amanda! I'll add the link to the front page.

Guest Guest

Amazing pics Amanda!!! I love the one with you, Dave and Gavin Great

Just popping back in this thread because I've fallen down the York rabbit hole again, and realized I missed these photos - you got some great shots! Thanks for sharing with us. Smile

I wanted to add angie's FIM video to this thread because I think it's my favorite of the York FIM videos. My favorite because, from her perspective you can see something I find UNBELIEVABLY sexy. At the end of the song, that incredible, sublime drawn out "you" and the final two "me"s? In the other videos it looks like his eyes are closed. But from her vantage underneath him, you can see his eyes are really only 1/2-closed. Or 3/4-closed. TOTAL bedroom eyes. It friggen KILLS me. Thud_old I'm kind-of still obsessed with the whole song but that "you" in particular. I still don't know how I survived that. Okay, maybe not just kind-of. Embarassed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.