Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

11/06/11 - Cleveland, OH - Palace Theater Concert

Jeannie wrote:
Devin is awesome. He's not Neal, and I'm okay with that. I think it would be much harder to accept someone new if they were too much like the "old" guy, KWIM?

But I think having Devin there has freshened up some of the older songs, and the smiles and energy he brings to the stage are great... not to mention his obvious talent.

Don't get me wrong, I love Neal, and always will... but I don't really miss him onstage. Devin has stepped in smoothly and the band is functioning as a very cohesive unit, just like they did when Neal was there. It's different, but not in a bad way. *ducks tomatoes*

The song he was on his knees for was "Rock and Roll" I think. I could be wrong though.

Jeannie - you are correct, he was on his knees for Rock and Roll and he was just inches from my face. I agree, Devin has made a seamless transition within the band and I find his stage moves very smooth, but also dynamic. He is an awesome guitarist.

I like Devin. He teased me when I met him. This endeared him to me. Also I love his stage presence, the way he and Dave interact. He really has made a seamless transition. Neal is special. Love him to bits. But I'm OK with Devin. I hope he sticks around.

Thanks to everyone for the great photos and videos. Anyone have anymore info on plaid shirt guy-was there more banter with before or after?
Also, Does the bracelet on Dave's right wrist say "I love boobies"?

Guest Guest

OMG, Jamie... that was so much fun... especially when he walked away turned his back and started doing it again. Stripper song, indeed. While we were waiting for VIP in Cincy the next day, we had heard he was on vocal rest and didn't sing at the radio show - just did a Q&A. We decided if he still needed vocal rest for soundcheck, we'd be fine if he just grabbed a towel and did the stripper dance for the whole thing. Wink

It does say "I love boobies." Someone gave it to him and asked him to wear it. It's a breast cancer awareness bracelet.

I'm trying to remember... I think the plaid shirt guy thing started with some banter about people not getting up out of their seats, and how he could see them in the balcony or something like that.

Guest Guest

Thanks to Kristen, here is the "Stripper Beat" video:

Guest Guest

Gah. Shocked

That's it....I'm done..... Isn't this illegal?!?! If not, it should be.... ShockedThud

hey guys - it has been WAYYY too long since i've been on this site (my last laptop died and i've only recently gotten a new one and been SLOWLY getting all my weblinks back) and i really miss all the word nerds!

my bestie proved WHY she's my bestie by driving from NY to OHIO with me just so i could go to the cleveland show (and do the M&G) - i heart her Great

we had awesome seats (front row on the left) and i'm still going through the 1600+ photos i took - but here's a few... (hope you can see 'em)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/mbfred/DSCN3434.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/mbfred/DSCN3769.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/mbfred/DSCN3593.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/mbfred/DSCN3683.jpg

Jeannie wrote:
Devin is awesome. He's not Neal, and I'm okay with that. I think it would be much harder to accept someone new if they were too much like the "old" guy, KWIM?

But I think having Devin there has freshened up some of the older songs, and the smiles and energy he brings to the stage are great... not to mention his obvious talent.

Don't get me wrong, I love Neal, and always will... but I don't really miss him onstage. Devin has stepped in smoothly and the band is functioning as a very cohesive unit, just like they did when Neal was there. It's different, but not in a bad way. *ducks tomatoes*

The song he was on his knees for was "Rock and Roll" I think. I could be wrong though.

Thanks for saying what's been in my head for a while now. Smile

Guest Guest

OMG!!!! mbfred......

This one......

Guest Guest
The first few posts of this thread have been updated with links to some amazing pictures and videos.

Cindy, your photos are always an unbelievable treat. I see that you are from VA. Are you going to the Falls Church show on Friday? I will be there and cannot wait!

Guest Guest
@mbfred wrote:
hey guys - it has been WAYYY too long since i've been on this site (my last laptop died and i've only recently gotten a new one and been SLOWLY getting all my weblinks back) and i really miss all the word nerds!

And we're glad you're back not to mention bringing here all those pretties!!!

@redsoxmom wrote:
Cindy, your photos are always an unbelievable treat. I see that you are from VA. Are you going to the Falls Church show on Friday? I will be there and cannot wait!

Thank you redsox for the compliment! Yes, I will be at the Falls Church show. I am dismayed to see that the VIP packages might not be fulfilled (according to the State Theater site posting). I am taking my neighbor/friend and her ten year old (who is nutty for David) to the show. I so wanted her to meet him. This is the most disappointing news. DavidCookTix, however, is still selling VIP passes, so I am hoping for the remote chance that this new news is a mistake. If the news is, in fact true, I guess I will be cement squatting, pffft! I will need a balcony seat because I do not want a ten year old on the GA floor. Of course, this vantage point does not allow for good photography, but I will still give photo-ing a try from this view.

No way! That's too bad. Very Sad I know someone who had purchased a ticket for the VIP package, and she will be very disappointed if this is true. I can't help but wonder if earlier in the day perhaps he is meeting with some ABC2 people in DC? The organization is based in DC, I believe, and if I recall correctly I heard that before his show at the Birchmere in nearby Alexandria during the Declaration Tour he met up with some DC folks. Just a thought.

I'm so sorry your little friend will be sad. But maybe they will offer the post-show meet and greet option? Or maybe DavidCookTix has it right, as tickets are still being sold and this event will happen after all??

ok finally i have a bit of time to recap....i think i've been in a trance since monday night!

Sunday afternoon my best friend and i were at the rock hall then saw via tweets that the boys were up, we left the rock hall drove about 5 mins into downtown and quickly found the bus parked behind a hotel. no one we recognized was around the area so we found parking a bit of a ways down from the bus then walked over to the starbucks for an afternoon coffee. we both got coffees then walked over to the park which gave us a perfect view of the bus and the backside of the hotel.... we were on a mission! we sat and talked until we saw movement around the bus so we quickly got up and decided to go walk casually toward the bus to see who it was.... it was Skib loading his things on to the bus but he quickly jumped on the bus before we ever got to him. we walked past like nothing out of the ordinary.. we then jumped back in the car and over my shoulder i saw the bus door open again... my best friend pulls out of the spot, does an illegal u-turn and there was Devin loading his stuff, she rolls down her window and says "hey devin, can we get a picture real quick?" he says "sure give me a minute" so we pull of to the side and jump out of the car. he jumps off the bus in a hat and shades and poses for a super cute picture with us. we say thanks and he asks if were going to the show later we say absolutely. we jump back in the car and head back to her place to get ready for the show.

The show was awesome we had 5th row center seats great view of the stage, loved the show it was great to hear songs off of the 1st album... a completely different show than in Columbus. it totally made my night when he played Life on the Moon...I couldn't believe he remembered. I was so looking forward to telling him thank you at the M&G that night but I wasn't able to get tickets for it.

Here's a link to my photos
http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc430/ImAFashionNerd/David%20Cook%20-%20Gavin%20DeGraw%20-%20Cleveland%20Ohio/

Cindy - your photos are just stunning! It was so great to see you again Very Happy

Guest Guest
Thanks for the photos Holly!

It was so terrific to see you again Holly! Thanks for making the effort to say Hi. Chatting with you was a nice diversion from that security guard that was making me nutty about my camera. Thanks from me too for your photo thread.

cindy - your photos are great but were you on david's lap? seriously? lol

but that one of devin LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU - OMG??! i heart that one - LOVE IT... i wish he had come over to our side of the stage more than once. what a sweetie!

i think i have a small crush on him now that i've looked back at some photos...

@mbfred wrote:
cindy - your photos are great but were you on david's lap? seriously? lol

but that one of devin LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU - OMG??! i heart that one - LOVE IT... i wish he had come over to our side of the stage more than once. what a sweetie!

i think i have a small crush on him now that i've looked back at some photos...

Thanks! I have a small crush on Devin too!

I was using a very long lens to get those close-ups. I was thrilled to be able to use it.

Guest Guest

Someone just tweeted this photo. Credit goes to Cindy. Thanks this is gorgeous.

Guest Guest
Here is the link to the rest of Cindy's photos photo set

Thanks all! I am just now taking the time to go through all of my photo files. I am finding more pics that I missed just after the recent wave of concerts I attended. It is going to take a few more weeks to get through everything. I will post some of my other concert files too on my smugmug page.

By the way, I just found that pic above - how did I miss it the first go around? It has to be my favorite of all time. The lighting makes it look like a water color painting. in fact, I enlarged this photo, took it into my office and put it on my photo bulletin board. My work associates thought it was a painting.

Guest Guest
Absolutely gorgeous, Cindy!

Holy moly...! Shocked *dies*

God Cindy, I wish I could take pictures like that....you are incredible. I'm Not Worthy!

Thanks so much! I've seem your pics and "they ain't too shabby!" Yours are gorgeous. I love your profile pic.

Thank you so much, Cindy. I got some pretty good shots on this tour but I just don't get the same clarity and sharpness that you do with that big ol' lens. Razz Mine always have some degree of grain to them.... I would probably pass out if saw your kind of shots on my camera. I know yours is a professional one; what model is it? (Not that I could ever afford it or even learn how to use it....LOL flag )

Thank you so much, Cindy. I got some pretty good shots on this tour but I just don't get the same clarity and sharpness that you do with that big ol' lens. Razz Mine always have some degree of grain to them.... I would probably pass out if saw your kind of shots on my camera. I know yours is a professional one; what model is it? (Not that I could ever afford it or even learn how to use it....LOL flag )

I have a few pro cameras. For the York and Cleveland shows, I used my Nikon D7000 with the 70-300mm lens (I usually can't get this camera and lens into a theater but I was lucky at these shows - as well as the CFH). I am waiting for the Nikon D800 (full frame 36 mp pro) to be released next month as I think I will buy it. This camera is a big step up from the D7000. For the Glenside show, I used a Lumix GF1 with the 45-200mm lens. This is a compact mirrorless SLR camera body and very flat and tiny. The 200mm lens is bigger than the camera body. I usually can get this camera into a venue although it is a very fussy camera to use. I prefer my Nikon but that is a big thing. It took me a while to get the hang of the Lumix and it takes great pix (although as I said, it is fussy) I always shoot in Raw format and process them through Lightroom. I have a standby Canon is30sx but I have never used it because I can usually get by with my Lumix at a minimum - if photography is allowed. As far as technique, I have taken 18 months of courses/instruction in photo technique and processing and I shoot something at least once or twice per month. Practice, practice, practice makes pretty.

Hey, I have the Canon SX30 IS! That's what I've used on this tour and in NYC in June. So far, I love it for the most part. I'm still learning its different aspects though. But I had a small point-n-shoot Lumix for DeTour and hated every shot and every video it took.

I actually bought a Canon Rebel T2i bundle (with two extra lenses) before I bought the SX30. I sat in the parking lot with it and took some shots....and I panicked. It was too much camera for me, I had no idea what I was doing. I boxed it back up and returned it 20 minutes later. I would LOVE to take photography classes and learn how to use the big cameras. I just don't have the time or the money for the classes....or the equipment. But I've become fascinated with photography. Dave has been a great test subject thus far. Wink

Hey, I have the Canon SX30 IS! That's what I've used on this tour and in NYC in June. So far, I love it for the most part. I'm still learning its different aspects though. But I had a small point-n-shoot Lumix for DeTour and hated every shot and every video it took.

I actually bought a Canon Rebel T2i bundle (with two extra lenses) before I bought the SX30. I sat in the parking lot with it and took some shots....and I panicked. It was too much camera for me, I had no idea what I was doing. I boxed it back up and returned it 20 minutes later. I would LOVE to take photography classes and learn how to use the big cameras. I just don't have the time or the money for the classes....or the equipment. But I've become fascinated with photography. Dave has been a great test subject thus far. Wink

Good to know about the Canon 30. Thanks! I like the look of your pics with the Canon. I have carried that camera with me for over one year but always was able to use my Nikon or Lumix. As I noted, I never used it once and I much prefer Raw shooting. I used to be a film photographer and gave it up for about two decades. I actually had a darkroom in my home. I hated darkroom processing though; but I do love digital processing with Lightroom and sometimes Photoshop. Digital is more difficult than film, but is more powerful. When I jumped back into photography (David brought me back into it) - I had much difficulty with it -- it was like foreign matter and with patience, I am now comfortable with all of the settings and techniques. There are so many options and settings to contend with. Get very comfortable with your Canon - jump out of the comfort zone of the Auto mode and use aperture or shutter priority settings- change the ISO and white balance too. Get familiar with these adjustments and you will be ready for the next step to an SLR. Just practice as much as you can and you will be ready for David's return to the U.S. If you ever need help with anything -- send me a note and I will help.

Thanks Cindy, I will! I'm still trying to learn what all those settings actually DO- iso, aperture, WB...when I'm at the shows, I'm in too much of a haze to toy with the settings too much other than flash/no flash, low light/sports settings. At home, I can't get the same effect with the lighting to practice effectively. Those flashing lights, spotlights, and Dave's movements just can't be duplicated, you know?

I will definitely be in contact with you in the near future. Thank you so much for the offer.

Now I will get back to drooling over your smugmug shots. Very Happy

thanks for sharing those A-MAZING photos, cindy - after turning to every new page, i found myself saying again and again, "holy cr@p! that rocks..." - lol

i just got my nikon in august - there's so much to learn when i have the time to play around - but david DOES make the best subject to try it out on Awww Love

Wow I haven't visited this thread in quite awhile. There's some reallllly good stuff here!! Thanks to you ladies who share with us. High Five!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.