Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

11/21/11 - Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall Ballroom Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the November 21, 2011, Milwaukee, WI, Turner Hall Ballroom concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETLIST
1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. The Last Goodbye
5. Life On The Moon
6. Paper Heart
7. Come Back To Me
8. I Did It For You
9. Goodbye To The Girl
10. Rock and Roll
11. Bar-ba-sol
12. Light On
13. Fade Into Me
14. Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest
Everyone who is going, have a wonderful time!

Guest Guest
Circadian, Heroes, Mr S, TLG so far. Not too much banter yet. He's moving through the set list quickly.

Guest Guest
LOTM, Paper Heart damn wonder if they have to be finished by a certain time. Still no banter lol.

Guest Guest
Now CBTM and band introductions.

SETLIST
1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. The Last Goodbye
5. Life On The Moon
6. Paper Heart
7. Come Back To Me
8. I Did It For You
9. Goodbye To The Girl
10. Rock and Roll
11. Bar-ba-sol
12. Light On
13. Fade Into Me
14. Rapid Eye Movement

A review of last night's show with some pictures:

David Cook dazzles in Milwaukee

Wow. Incredible review. Nobody sells David Cook like David Cook! Very Happy

Guest Guest
I loved reading that review! That fact that he sounds as good(or even better live) as he does on his cd is one of the reasons I keep going to concerts.

As I was reading this article I was convinced it was written by one of us, until I got to the last paragraph. great review. Loved the comment about him sounding as good or better than on a recording. Yup, that's our guy!

Guest Guest

From blounderground

Guest Guest
Marina, It seems like videos are showing up all of a sudden for this show. I'm hoping for a BBS video from last night!

That Goodbye to the Girl video from blounderground is quite interesting. It's like a different take on the song just because of where they were standing. Prominent guitar and drums, with the piano nowhere to be found for the most part.

Here's my recap of the show. Sorry it's rather long but this is my first DC show in two years. Smile

Show day! The drive to the venue was an event unto itself due to all of the road construction delays and detours. Knowing that would be a factor I left home with plenty of time to spare. I drove past the venue while looking for a place to park and saw the line that had started to form. I turned the corner and saw the buses parked along the street. I then turned right onto the next block where I found a parking garage a few blocks up. By the time I got there I knew I’d need to find a restroom. I didn’t think they would let us in to the venue at all until at least 4:30 and it just around 3. I stopped in to the nearby George Webb diner and ordered a coffee to go and immediately proceeded to the ladies’ room. That coffee turned out to be a good idea because it ended up being a long, cold wait in line.
There were plenty of people in line to chat with, many of whom I hadn’t seen since my last DecTour concert in November of ’09. We talked about how it was cold but it could’ve been much worse. Anyone who was at the Valparaiso show knows what I’m talking about. LOL Face

Around 4:15 Andrew peeked his head out the door to let us know we’d soon be let in. He came back a few minutes later to begin the process of handing out or VIP laminate badges. YAY. I must say Andrew did a really nice job and was very funny. I liked his hat. Once the VIP was done we were let inside. David and the guys were already playing. It was so surreal. At first it seemed like it was another band playing because they were playing a song I have never heard before. I took my spot right in front of Devin. I wanted to check out “the new guy”. Cool David was his usual charming and funny self. I really enjoyed getting that experience of having our own mini concert.

After that of course, was meet and greet time. Very Happy The line went up and down the old wooden staircase. When it was my turn I was surprised that I was not nervous at all. I greeted them each one starting with Monty. I gave him a t-shirt from Monty’s Blue Plate diner in Madison. Yes, it is a real restaurant. He asked me if they have good eggs and said “Yeah. The food’s rockin’.” Next I told Devin that I was glad he was playing with Dave and I liked “that rock and roll thing you do”. He smiled and said “That rock and roll thing?” I said “Yeah the song”. He said “Oh OK” or something like that. Can’t remember. Dave was next. I said “It’s an honor to finally meet you” and initiated a hug. He said “It’s nice to meet you too” and smiled at me sweetly and hugged me. Sweet! Heart Next I said Hi to Kyle and shook his hand. I don’t think I said anything else because Andy was next and I had him sign my THH CD – the first one. I didn’t want to hold up the line so I had to hurry along. I told him I was going to bring it to the first show but forgot it. Then I handed Dave the old AI trading card to sign and said “It looks like a baseball card and I know you like baseball.l” I just thought that was kind of cool because as a kid he wanted to grow up to be a baseball player but ended up a musician instead, but somehow still managed to get onto a trading card.

For the show I managed to get to pretty much the same spot I had before. Carolina Liar was pretty good. I thought they had a lot of energy and I enjoyed them. I really don’t know any of their songs besides Show Me What I’m Looking For so that was the only one I could really sing along to. I noticed that they seemed to have a few of their own fans there, judging by the crowd reaction. The keyboard player threw this feather-looking thing into the crowd and it bounced off my glasses before it hit the floor. The girl in front of me got to it before I did but I told her she could have it. It appeared to me that she was a fan of them so I was OK with it.BTW this was the same girl that had the “I love your facial hair” message scrolling across her phone that Dave read in one of his banters. After CL’s set it seemed like an eternity until David’s set. To pass the time I got a beer and perused the merch selection. My concert buddy Andrea saved my spot for me. They were out of hoodies in size large. Bummer. Very Sad All they had were small and me being a tall person the small would not work. Hopefully I can order one online later. I bought a hat, a CD and two keychains to meet the requirement for the aftershow M&G and got my wristband. Another sucky thing – somehow my glasses broke. The screw mechanism holding one of the sides snapped so I had to ask the lady at the merch table if she had any duct tape (Ha!) She told me there was some electrical tape. I said “That’ll work” and was laughing to myself because I knew right away somewhere in the building was that so-called gaffe tape Dave’s pants got repaired with once. Very Happy

The show itself was amazing, awesome, and pretty much every positive adjective you could use to describe a good, loud rock show. Like I said above, I purposely stood on Devin’s side because I wanted to see how he was in concert. I have to say that guy rocks! I’m sold I'm Not Worthy! …it was cool to see and hear those little nuances that just don’t show up in You Tube videos or on Ustream, or even on the CD itself (although he didn’t play on the CD, but that’s beside the point) Rock and Roll and BBS just rocked my face off. HOT!! DroolThud! and we got guitarless Dave! FIM and GTTG were both so beautiful. Yes Dave, I was mesmerized, thank you very much. REM ended things and I couldn’t be happier! I flove that song!! So glad I got to hear it live.

I ended up being one of the first people in line for the aftershow M&G. Right before it was my turn he went up to the bar and got a beer, so I know he was in a good mood! Smile One of Dave’s banters reminded me of a question I’d had for awhile now. He mentioned a club he once played it in Edgerton that was one of his first big out-of-state paying gigs. I didn’t catch the name so I asked him the name of it. I’m from that neck of the woods so I was very intrigued to know, ever since he’d mentioned playing in that town for an interview he did with the Milwaukee Fox station before the West Bend show. Mystery finally solved. I also told him what I’d forgotten to add during the first M&G – that I had been waiting 3 and a half years to finally meet him. That time HE initiated the hug. Those few minutes I will remember for the rest of my life. Needless to say, I drove home a very happy Word Nerd. Awww Love

Karen, you recap was so fun to read. I love reading recaps. Thanks for sharing that with us. Smile

Guest Guest
Karen, Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad that you finally got to meet David and the guys after all this time.

I was so happy that I finally got to go to a show that was near me! (Since apparently work and real life has majorly been in my way of seeing Dave this time around! Boo!!) But had a blast! I took a few videos and lots and lots of pictures that I will post a link to as soon as I have them up on Flickr! But here are a couple of my vids that I took that night... Fade into Me & Rapid Eye Movement.

justforme wrote:
Karen, Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad that you finally got to meet David and the guys after all this time.

Me too! It sounds like you had a very, very nice experience, and thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the comments on my recap. I enjoy reading others' recaps so this time I felt like wriing and posting my own recap.

Does anyone know who got Kyle's drumsticks?

Guest Guest
Karen, thanks for the recap! It sounds like an awesome night! I loved reading your story, and I'm so glad that you got to talk to the guys. What fun!

Guest Guest

No "I Did It For You" here yet so here we go. Smile

by superwordnerd27

justforme wrote:
Marina, It seems like videos are showing up all of a sudden for this show. I'm hoping for a BBS video from last night!

by theheidis

sexy David WooHoo!!Thud!We are ALL InnocentAngel Love

@arali1111 wrote:
justforme wrote:

by theheidis

sexy David WooHoo!!Thud!We are ALL InnocentAngel Love

Good God!! I never tire of seeing him sing this song! Never!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.