Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christi85

Matthew 11:12

I've been struggling to really understand what this means. The Lord showed it to me over and over again last Nov-dec and as recently as a few weeks ago.

"From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it."

I studied it out in it's context and in the other gospels but I still don't really think I get it. I've heard many interpretations of it, read the commentaries. I'm pretty sure I get what the Lord was speaking to me personally, prophetically at the time.

but I am just wondering how you guys read this scripture as is? What I got tripped up on in peoples interpretation of it was the UNTIL NOW part. People were applying it as though we are to be forceful with our faith, but I don't know if that's right because of the scriptures following it and preceding it. It seemed to me to imply that NOW Jesus is here... because He is referring to John the Baptist, He's complimenting John very highly by saying that among those born of women there is none greater, but that he who is the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than He.

Forgive me because it's been awhile since I was pondering this scripture, but what are yall's insights?

Hi christi

Thanks for the post. Yeah pretty interesting scripture, I have heard a few ministers speak on this and I've meditated on this verse a lot myself.

I've always interpreted this as being violent and forceful in the spirit. For example, if someone is diagnosed with a sickness, they should become violent in the spirit against that sickness and come against it with the word. Or if someone is seeking a breakthrough in their life for some kind of miracle, they may become violent and militant in the spirit through fasting, praying, being self disciplined by seeking God in His word and just coming against the enemy in the power of the Lord. Thats the sort of perspective I've had towards that scripture, but im certainly open minded to other interpretations.

God bless