Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Walking in a winter wonderland

Some of you will have read about my car crapping out on me, and since I wouldn't get round the first bend from home on the bike, I have been obliged to walk to work for the last couple of days. A bit of a trek for sure, but doesn't everywhere look lovely? I have a four mile & bit route mainly by footpath & bridlepath, and I've enjoyed it immensely. Couple of pics of Annesley Hall, or what's left of it, which I pass near the end of the route.

And a few seconds earlier I put a covey of partridge and three pheasants to flight. Also seen fieldfares, lots of finches of course, a hare. Also saw a couple of great tits before I left home Twisted Evil

So let's focus on the positives people. I've had some enjoyable fresh air & exercise which has compensated a bit for the absolute shitty run of luck I'm currently "enjoying". Get your thermals on & give it a go. Smile

Guest Guest

There you go, always a positive to be found if you look hard enough thumbs

Great Photos.

ah yes the joys of winter your pics are more enjoyable than mine, this is what i've had greet me at work everyday this week and last.

Great photos Alan and your correct, we don't apprecaite what we have around enough mate,always seem too busy to actually stop, look around and take it all in thumbs

And Jezza - what sort of ghost town do you work in mate Shocked

we have ten saws in the quarry that are all water cooled (also helps suppress the dust).
every morning its go in defrost the saws,takes nearly three hours to do them all , cut stone for 4 hours then prepare for the onslaught of the cold night . its now getting depressing as its now taking its toll on the machines and things are now breaking down including me.

And I thought I had it tough waiting for the heated screen on my van to defrost the window so I can make the 5 minute journey to work Rolling Eyes

great pics thumbs,I enjoy a good walk in the snow,only if it is to put the bins out thumbs

Good to see your making a posotive out of a negative thumbs nice pics too Smile

brilliant pics as always alan thumbs
Shocked god i thought me garage at work was cold, they cant be much fun Jezza having to do that everyday Shocked

nice pics alan n i get where u coming from thumbs enjoy it....................
n jezza that looks shit mate Shocked been bad this week hey! had to scrape me car twice one morn........ Rolling Eyes