Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

This Loud Tour 2011 Facts and Stats

Guest Guest

Now that This Loud Tour 2011 has come to an end, here are some facts about it - for those of us who love numbers. Smile

The tour ran for 37 concerts over the course of 61 days.

- 23 were co-headlining with Gavin DeGraw
- 14 were solo shows.

It covered 21 different states.

- Pennsylvania had 5 shows, which was the most for any state.
- New York, California, Ohio, Missouri , North Carolina, and Texas each had 3 shows in their state.
- States with a single show were Oklahoma, Colorado, Idaho, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Wisconson, Iowa, Illinois and New Jersey.

There were 37 unique setlists on this tour - no show repeated a setlist.

There were 31 different songs played during the tour.

There were 12 This Loud Morning songs covered on the Tour:

- Circadian played 37 times.
- Fade Into Me played 37 times.
- Paper Heart played 37 times.
- The Last Goodbye played 36 times.
- Rapid Eye Movement played 24 times.
- Let Me Fall For You played 19 times.
- Goodbye to the Girl played 17 times.
- Right Here With You played 13 times.
- We Believe played 12 times.
- Hard To Believe played 11 times.
- 4 Letter Word played 9 times.
- Time Marches On played 5 times.

There were 10 DCTR songs played on the tour:

- Come Back to Me was played 37 times.
- Light On was played 37 times.
- Heroes was played 37 times.
- Barbasol was played 35 times.
- Mr. Sensitive was played 32 times.
- I Did It For You was played 15 times.
- Life On The Moon was played 13 times.
- Kiss On The Neck was played 10 times.
- Lie was played 9 times.
- Declaration was played 7 times.

There were 9 different covers played on this tour:

- Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin was played 17 times to lead the covers.
- The Hand That Feeds by Nine in Nails was covered 12 times.
- Stockholm Syndrome by Muse was played 8 times.
- Here I go Again by Whitesnake was covered 5 times.
- Movin' Out by Billy Joel was also played 5 times.
- In the Meantime by Spacehog was covered twice.
- Dogman by King's X was played twice.
- 8 Days a week by the Beatles was covered once.
- Bitch by Meredith Brooks was covered once. (A partial cover in honor of tour manager Jody - Meredith's husband - and their anniversary.)

The average number of songs played per concert was 15.

The longest setlist was at the Chicago House of Blues with 22 songs played.

There were 7 openers for the tour:
- Carolina Liar opened for 26 shows. (20 on the co-headlining portion of the tour and 6 solo shows)
- Zander Bleck opened for 7 shows - all solo tour
- Canaan Smith opened for 2 shows - both on the co-headlining tour
- Vedera opened for 1 show on the co-headling tour; along with Carolina Liar
- Sam Nicolosi opened for 1 show on the solo tour; filling in for Carolina Liar when Chad had to go home because he was about to become a daddy. Smile
- Zak Smith opened for 1 solo show, along with Zander Bleck
- Talinday opened for 1 solo show, along with Zander Bleck
- There was 1 show (Arizona State Fair - co-headlining portion of the tour) which did not have an opener.

Memorable Moments of the Tour - in no particular order:

- Ryan Star and Stevie Van Zandt joined Dave and the band to perform 8 Days a Week at the Irving Plaza NYC show.
- Stevie Van Zandt joined Dave and the band to perform Rock and Roll at the Irving Plaza show.
- Jerry Gaskill, drummer for King's X joined Dave and the band to perform Dogman at that same show.
- At the October 30th Austin, TX show, Dave and the band dressed as zombies.
- At the November 7th Cincinnati, OH show, Dave did the first unplugged and mic-less performance of Fade Into Me.
- During the October 9th Penn State show, Dave went into the crowd and ripped his pants during the song "Declaration" or as he called it after "Dicklaration" and had to finish the show with his pants duct-taped together.
- During the October 26th Pomona, CA show, Kyle Peek's son joined the band onstage to play Light On.
- During the Phoenix, AZ soundcheck, Dave sang Creep.
- During the Tulsa, OK soundcheck, Dave sang Dancin' in the Dark, and accompanied himself on piano.
- During the Kansas City, MO show, Dave and the band appeared onstage while Carolina Liar was playing. They played toy instruments, which they smashed onstage at the end of the show.
- At the Grand Prairie, TX show, Rock and Roll was performed for the first time... the first "guitarless" song of the tour.
- During the Phoenix, AZ show, the guitar tech put the capo on the wrong fret, and David didn't realize it until after he started the song. Because the band would have been playing in the wrong key, he had to wave them off... and acoustic Fade Into Me was born.

Setlist stats:

- 22 songs were played at one show.
- 16 songs were played at 10 shows.
- 15 songs were played at 7 shows.
- 14 songs were played at 11 shows.
- 13 songs were played at 7 shows.
- 12 songs were played at one show.

Total songs played on the tour was 542. TLM songs were played 257 times, DCTR songs were played 232 times, covers were played 53 times.

Average per show - 7 songs from TLM, 6 songs from DCTR, 1.5 covers

*This is a work in progress; more facts will be added.

**Note that I am not counting the Vegas Winter Wonderland show, as that was a holiday one-off, and Dave made it clear that the Irving Plaza show was the last of the tour.

Guest Guest
Please post any facts or memorable moments you have here, and I'll add them to the original post.

Question for you all: At which show did the guys play the toy instruments during one of Carolina Liar's songs?

I'd be interested in the length of each of the setlists and at which shows he added songs that were not on it (e.g. "Here I Go Again" at York). Also, did he drop any songs? I remember how at one Dec Tour date when Declaration was on the setlist, he skipped it and I was sooooooo bummed because I love that song SO much. Did he do that at all on this tour?

Guest Guest
Good ideas, Stacy... I'll look into those things!

(I took the 15 songs as the average setlist because by adding up all the songs and dividing by 37 shows, that's what I came up with... well, technically it was 14.98, but I think we can call that 15.)

Guest Guest
Razz

Okay for the co-headlining portion of the tour, the setlist length stats are as follows:

- 16 songs were played at 7 shows - Columbus, St. Louis, Tulsa, Boise, Santa Rosa, Houston, and York.
- 15 songs were played at two shows - Cincinnati and Boone.
- 14 songs were played at 7 shows - Penn State, Denver, Seattle, San Diego, Pamona, Wake Forest, and Greensville.
- 13 songs were played at 6 shows - Reno, Phoenix, Austin, Memphis, Cleveland, and Athens.
- 12 songs were played at one show - Grand Prairie

So for the co-headlining portion of the tour:

The mean - average - was 14.35 songs per show. Wink
The median - middle number of the group when arranged in order - was 14.
The modes - most frequently occurring - were 16 and 14 songs.

*Off to figure the solo portion, and then I'll do the overall. Songs that dropped off will be a little more time consuming; as will be shows where he added a song to the setlist, but I'll get to them. They rely so much on knowing what was on the setlist before the show, although he usually says when he adds a song.*

LOL Face Anyone want a tough job and to go look at pictures and see how many shows he wore the denim shirt at? *snickers*

eta: corrected to change Boone to 15, per ShookbyCook who was there and has the setlist. Also changed in the original post to reflect that this is the only show where TLG was not played.

Jeannie wrote:
Please post any facts or memorable moments you have here, and I'll add them to the original post.

Question for you all: At which show did the guys play the toy instruments during one of Carolina Liar's songs?

Kansas City

Jeannie wrote:
Razz

Okay for the co-headlining portion of the tour, the setlist length stats are as follows:

- 16 songs were played at 8 shows - Columbus, St. Louis, Tulsa, Boise, Santa Rosa, Houston, York and Boone.
- 15 songs were played at one show - Cincinnati
- 14 songs were played at 7 shows - Penn State, Denver, Seattle, San Diego, Pamona, Wake Forest, and Greensville.
- 13 songs were played at 6 shows - Reno, Phoenix, Austin, Memphis, Cleveland, and Athens.

The mean - average - was 14.39 songs per show. Wink
The mode - most frequently occurring - was 16 songs.

*Off to figure the solo portion, and then I'll do the overall. Songs that dropped off will be a little more time consuming; as will be shows where he added a song to the setlist, but I'll get to them. They rely so much on knowing what was on the setlist before the show, although he usually says when he adds a song.*

LOL Face Anyone want a tough job and to go look at pictures and see how many shows he wore the denim shirt at? *snickers*

For real? I was at the co-headlining show with the fewest songs?! Rolling Eyes

I'd be interested in the length of each of the setlists and at which shows he added songs that were not on it (e.g. "Here I Go Again" at York). Also, did he drop any songs? I remember how at one Dec Tour date when Declaration was on the setlist, he skipped it and I was sooooooo bummed because I love that song SO much. Did he do that at all on this tour?

Rapid Eye Movement was on the setlist at Austin but they had to cut his set short for some reason. Apparently it was running too long.

Guest Guest
Just saw that at the Falls Church show Rock and Roll was added to the setlist as an extra encore song.

Guest Guest
Solo Tour setlist stats:

- 22 songs played at one show - Chicago
- 16 songs played at 3 shows - Falls Church, Springfield, and NYC
- 15 songs played at 5 shows - Wilmington, Council Bluffs, Niagara Falls, Glenside and Sayreville.
- 14 songs played at 4 shows - Milwaukee, Kansas City, Clifton Park, and Allentown
- 13 songs played at 1 show - Greensburg

For the solo portion of the tour:

The mean was 15.29.
The median was 15.
The mode was 15.

Guest Guest
I'm going to check with Eve - I think she got a setlist picture in Greensburg. That was the night there were so many technical problems with the guitars. I have a feeling that show was short because he cut a song.

I got to finally hear him do Creep in Sound Check. That was a highlight for me but not part of the actual show.

Guest Guest

I have the setlist from Boone,NC and there are only 15 songs on it-no The Last Goodbye. Probably just typed up wrong as it seems like all his singles were done every show.

I have to say the Greenville,SC show had some fun times-we had Happy Birthday Andy & also David was joined on stage during Barbasol by a young boy named David who had "The time of his life" it seemed! Magic Rainbow

Guest Guest

Interesting, Barbs. I took that setlist from DCO... they have it between LMFFY and PH, and they have a video for it too. But the video is not marked at all as to date or place. scratch I can't tell from what he's wearing... same denim shirt. LOL I'll go with what you are saying though, since you were there.

Guest Guest
Entire tour setlength averages:

- 22 songs were played at one show.
- 16 songs were played at 10 shows.
- 15 songs were played at 7 shows.
- 14 songs were played at 11 shows.
- 13 songs were played at 7 shows.
- 12 songs were played at one show.

The mean setlist length is 14.7 - we'll round that to 15.
The median was 15.
The mode was 14.

Guest Guest
@vsteph1 wrote:
I got to finally hear him do Creep in Sound Check. That was a highlight for me but not part of the actual show.

I added it in, because it relates to music, and just hearing that it was sung makes it memorable for those of us who weren't there. Smile

Would the debut of "Rock & Roll" at Grand Prairie be considered memorable? It was the the first guitarless cover of the tour, plus it lead into a guitarless Barbasol.....that might have been a tour "first" as well....

And as far as soundchecks go, Dave playing piano on "Dancin' in the Dark" at Tulsa's soundcheck needs to be added to the list. Thud!

Guest Guest

I think we can add that... I'll do it later when I have a break.

And the Dancin' in the Dark is already there. Wink

Guest Guest
So we know that songs were cut in Austin (REM) and Greensburg (still checking to see which one.) Also two songs (REM and We Believe) were cut in Phoenix.

A song (Rock and Roll) was added at Falls Church.

Others, anyone?

Guest Guest

Woah, this is a really impressive work, Jeannie! And thanks to everyone who's collaborating with more facts Great

At Phoenix show:

Due the venue time issues, We Believe and REM which were at the setlist (I know this cause the girl next to me got the setlist paper) - and he didn't sing them Very Sad - and we got the tour shortest setlist !!

At the soundcheck :

Someone asked him to play Dare You to Move, David laughed and said it took him one week to learn this song and one hour to forget… LMAO….

Someone asked for TINTLT and he told they're still trying to set an arrangement for this song that could be used live, since it has some sound effects made in the studio that they still could not reproduce live.

Guest Guest
Actually, you didn't get the tour's shortest setlist Chris. If you check the stats above, he did 13 songs in Phoenix, as well as at six other shows. The shortest setlist was in Grand Prairie, TX... they only got 12 songs.

Thanks for the info on the fact that two songs were cut. I'll add that to my list I'm compiling.

Guest Guest
IIRC someone had the setlist for Greenville,SC and it had REM to close but he did only 14 songs & closed with FIM-this was the night he closed the show which he usually did REM those nights. I'll have to ask my friends as I think one of them got this setlist.

Jeannie wrote:
Actually, you didn't get the tour's shortest setlist Chris. If you check the stats above, he did 13 songs in Phoenix, as well as at six other shows. The shortest setlist was in Grand Prairie, TX... they only got 12 songs.

Thanks for the info on the fact that two songs were cut. I'll add that to my list I'm compiling.

Jeannie, he did only 12 songs in Phoenix - at the show thread the setlist has 13 songs but he didn't sing REM - he finished the show with FIM and didn't come back to any encore.
This is the setlist:

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You
8.The Last Goodbye
9.The Hand That Feeds
10.Bar-ba-sol
11.Light On
12.FIM

Jeannie wrote:
Razz

- 16 songs were played at 7 shows - Columbus, St. Louis, Tulsa, Boise, Santa Rosa, Houston, and York.
- 15 songs were played at two shows - Cincinnati and Boone.

The mean - average - was 14.35 songs per show. Wink
The modes - most frequently occurring - were 16 and 14 songs.

eta: corrected to change Boone to 15, per ShookbyCook who was there and has the setlist. Also changed in the original post to reflect that this is the only show where TLG was not played.

He only did 12 songs at Phoenix too.
At the show thread REM is wrongly listed cause he didn't sing it... he ended with FIM !

Guest Guest

Thanks Chris, I'll fix that when I get home tonight. I took the setlists from DCO so they are wrong as well. Wink

Jeannie wrote:
Razz

I did... LOL flag

During the 37 shows he wore:

Leather Jackets - 12 times
The "famous" Denim Shirt - 18 times
Various types of T-Shirts - 6 times
Zoombie Costume - 1 time (Austin)

LOL! You're making me love Statistics Very Happy.

For being someone who only went to one show (San Diego) and no VIP unfortunately, I can say my memorable moments for me was to get Stockholm Syndrome as its first LIVE performance, FIM being declared as the song about sex, and personally my M&G moment with him.

LOVE ALL THE MOMENTS PROVIDED BY THIS TOUR AND ALL. But....
I need more, that's all Razz.

2012, come soon!

Wow - I was using this list to put together the Song Survivor Game for this tour and just realized that he never played TMAIA on this tour, not even once!

Guest Guest
Nope... we got to hear it at CFH, but not on this tour. Did he sing it on release day, or is CFH the only public live appearance of that song?

Someone asked him and he said that song is really difficult for him to sing live.

I can totally understand that being very difficult to sing live. I do think the CFH is, to date, his only live performance of it.

He also never performed This Is Not the Last Time except for at the Houston soundcheck. And that was after a fan bugged the crap out of him. Reason: they don't know how to play it. Never learned it for tour.

Guest Guest

He had just started playing TMAIA as we were entering the soundcheck at the Greenville,SC show. It seemed we got things not played that night like GTTG also. Plus a little DITD by Andy on the piano LOL Face

Speaking of that, I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I LOVED that they dragged that upright to every show this tour. The piano is SUCH a different vibe from a keyboard.

Yes, he DID sing TMAIA at six flags. Here's my video, well partial video. Stupid memory chip!!

Guest Guest
Cool... so he has performed it live twice, at the CFH and the 6 Flags show. But still never performed it on the tour.

Maybe add what cities/shows were in the FIM video? I know Columbus was one.

Guest Guest
Good idea mogwai. I wish I recognized the cities in the video.

Guest Guest
I know it's Columbus (I can actually see my arm in the balcony in one shot, lol) and St. Louis. Was there a third city or was it just those two?