Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

Share your hw hunting stories..

I think would be fun to read different stories from playaz here when they were huntin'. Please note hunting i don't mean just huntin' for greens, whatever happened while you guys are at the store finding some hotwheels, from your encounter with insiders or another fellow collector, or just anything. Feel free to share! Anyway as one of those who hunts alot, me got many experiences to write too. But for now i'll just share one that happened recently, truly epic.

As i walked inside Kelana Jaya Giant (just random hunt as that place is known to be dry of new stuff for like a year?) that Giant speaker starts playing something very familiar..

"Were no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do i
A full commitments what Im thinking of
You wouldnt get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you"

WHAT!! DAMMIT undercoverbrother had successfully got RickRoll'd by Giant store! DAMN!

1 - 3
Spoiler:

4 - 6
Spoiler:

7 - 9
Spoiler:

(insert your own title here)
Spoiler:

November 7E Promo Edition
Spoiler:

Hamster n' Ice-Cream
Spoiler:

The UcB Did It Again

Spoiler:

case1
yesterday,while i was checking hw at 7e near my area,oone guy came in quick ,stand beside me also looking left ,right,up,down...
he smile with me,so i ask him,are u a collector?
he reply,no I m looking for glue(i forgot the barand,the yellow one always hanging next to hw with the stationaries)....hahahahahahaha

case2
today, also 7e ,saw hw old wave cockery taxi,gold color with silver window,take it & pay at the counter,the price came out rm6.50,then i ask why not rm4.90,he told me maybe the system there,not yet change,then have to wait,he called his manger on his hp....few pretty gals also waiting together to pay coz they can't delete when they key in at 7e, he keep on asking me to buy it lah,i just told him no la,price different ,how to buy....
then i ask him keep for me & will go back tmr to buy it....
then i left,i don't wat happen then ,don't how he settle the cashier machine.......

Today I was in a small town on the way to some other place. Stopped by the 7-11. Qombee wave, thats fine, everything normal, looked at the cars, just as expected, most of the cars are what we have previously bought or seen, then loked at the price...WHAT THE ******** 14.90...... Shocked

alfagta wrote:
case1
yesterday,while i was checking hw at 7e near my area,oone guy came in quick ,stand beside me also looking left ,right,up,down...
he smile with me,so i ask him,are u a collector?
he reply,no I m looking for glue(i forgot the barand,the yellow one always hanging next to hw with the stationaries)....hahahahahahaha

case2
today, also 7e ,saw hw old wave cockery taxi,gold color with silver window,take it & pay at the counter,the price came out rm6.50,then i ask why not rm4.90,he told me maybe the system there,not yet change,then have to wait,he called his manger on his hp....few pretty gals also waiting together to pay coz they can't delete when they key in at 7e, he keep on asking me to buy it lah,i just told him no la,price different ,how to buy....
then i ask him keep for me & will go back tmr to buy it....
then i left,i don't wat happen then ,don't how he settle the cashier machine.......

Bro...how come u left it? ....today go sure kena sapu by others! cry

actucally,i'm bot buying 1hw,there few mb cars also with the price rm6.50,so wat to do....wait till they change their price in the cashier system.

1st case - went to an 7E, saw the price of the basic hw RM16.90...shocking

2nd case - went to an 7E, saw one reg TH BB hang on the rack, took it, pay then leave. later the day went back to the same store, ask the same lady that sell me the TH BB got any new MB stock, then she turn around and tell her another colleague in Malay (Man ni la abang yang beli motor hw tadi!) sweat

3rd case - went to an 7E, ask the staff got any new hw stock arrive? she say yes but her manager keep it in the safety box so she cannot take out. :doh:

huhu.....HW so precious must keep in safety box........

or the manager want to scalp him / herself........

this manager must be hw hardcore fan! keeping in safety box, can't imagine that!!!!!!! shocking

me also hunt yesterday at 7E near my place...looking for hotwheel then the staff asked me "collectke bang?sayapun collect jugak :doh: "..after that having a cit chat and asked him to join us here..hehe

hahahks.....nice collector jumpa another collector... thumbsup

wow??? sure all gold HW inside it

YU5H wrote:
wow??? sure all gold HW inside it

i think so..coz he knows what im looking for...hehe

Went to 7-11 found 575 GTC spiderman pattern, give to the pretty girl cashier, she look at it for a while, then smile, she also said, "Saya pun minat jugak".

I Should have gotten her number............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fadli85 wrote:
Went to 7-11 found 575 GTC spiderman pattern, give to the pretty girl cashier, she look at it for a while, then smile, she also said, "Saya pun minat jugak".

Bro...collect how wheels dah lah.....ni nak collect yg lain pulak!!! brows

undercoverbrother wrote:
I think would be fun to read different stories from playaz here when they were huntin'. Please note hunting i don't mean just huntin' for greens, whatever happened while you guys are at the store finding some hotwheels, from your encounter with insiders or another fellow collector, or just anything. Feel free to share! Anyway as one of those who hunts alot, me got many experiences to write too. But for now i'll just share one that happened recently, truly epic.

As i walked inside Kelana Jaya Giant (just random hunt as that place is known to be dry of new stuff for like a year?) that Giant speaker starts playing something very familiar..

"Were no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do i
A full commitments what Im thinking of
You wouldnt get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you"

WHAT!! DAMMIT undercoverbrother had successfully got RickRoll'd by Giant store! DAMN!

Very close to my home, the restock there very fishy, very few cars on the pegs, and the most I see the new ones are from Matchbox, usually stocks are slow moving over there, but when it does restock, very few new cars on the peg, like 3-5 only, the rest are blimps & ford lo-boy, not even dragtor, and on several cases, notice nice cars are hidden behind HW playset, Scrabble and stuff, I don't know who did this, but damn the restock very fishy....feels like.....got........i*****r

chee keng hong wrote:
Fadli85 wrote:

Bro...collect how wheels dah lah.....ni nak collect yg lain pulak!!! brows

Collect girlfriend? hmmm.....

HWCM = Hot Wheels Collector Club Malaysia

GFCM = Girlfriend Collector Club Malaysia........<-----Who want in? :LOL!:

Collect Hot Wheels already use a lot of money....

Imagine collecting girlfriend............PENGSAN.!!!!!!! stars

Fadli85 wrote:

Fadli85, How many 575 was there, u should buy 2, 1 for urself and 1 for her, and ask her write her name and number on ur 575, sure is more value than just 575...ha ha cheers

Phoenix wrote:
Fadli85 wrote:

Fadli85, How many 575 was there, u should buy 2, 1 for urself and 1 for her, and ask her write her name and number on ur 575, sure is more value than just 575...ha ha cheers

Good idea...! How come i didint think of that way! Bravo! brows

get her number!! buy another one for her as your courtesy for her. Next time, if any new arrivals, you'll benefit from this...(you know what i meant ) brows keke!

danielh wrote:
get her number!! buy another one for her as your courtesy for her. Next time, if any new arrivals, you'll benefit from this...(you know what i meant ) brows keke!

more powerful than the INSIDER!! Evil or Very Mad

Fadli85 wrote:
"Saya pun minat jugak".

you should just pay for that one, double the price......

and you'll get her hp no, home no and her home address.....automatically........

CHAH wrote:
Fadli85 wrote:
"Saya pun minat jugak".

you should just pay for that one, double the price......

and you'll get her hp no, home no and her home address.....automatically........

and dapat kawan baru!!!!!!!!! sama sama collect hotwheel!! thumbsupthumbsup

apalah u all...

i can go on about 7E stories utill nex year..

but i'll share one for now..

during my stay at JB in december, i went hunting during the 7E promo. i went to a certain 7E where the new stuff was already hanging on the racks.. then suddenly the manager came up to me and asked, cari hijau ke?
i said ya. y? he said this round got no hijau. but he got one from another store already so, no need to go. i said oh really ah.
then i asked if i cud see the TH he got. he went in n brought out reg viper, reg mustang and reg funnycar. so i asked him if he was willing to sell any of them, he said his fren asked him to keep.

then 7 months and 2 promos later, i returned to the same 7E.. n again the same guy comes up to me n adrian n cham n says takde hijau lagi la.. so i asked him to go bring out again n he brought out the same 3 pcs but with a bagger this time. so meaning got 4 th.
he said he wanna let go of them cuz his fren dun wan it anymore.. i saw the card already not mint so i said i also dun wan n said 'hijau tak bergitu berharga pun' n gave him back his 4 greens.

[he said he wanna let go of them cuz his fren dun wan it anymore.. i saw
the card already not mint so i said i also dun wan n said 'hijau tak
bergitu berharga pun' n gave him back his 4 greens.]

thanks for sharing your story mr demonicle. I think the manager will be stunned by your declines to take up those thunt. Afterall he think even though not in mint condition, someone willing to buy it in such condition. sweat

Well my hunting story is not about prices or seeing other collectors....
My best hunting stories always involves my oldest.

It's fun when I go hunting with him and we get to talk about the different cars. What we like and what we don't like! He's into muscle cars and I only gather Acceleracers related cars.

But my Mommy pride swells up when he spots something I haven't!
I love that time with him. Kids grow so fast, I totally cherish these moments. I'm pretty sure they're going to last once he hits his teens and beyond, but you never know!

MarieJuliette wrote:
Well my hunting story is not about prices or seeing other collectors....
My best hunting stories always involves my oldest.

It's fun when I go hunting with him and we get to talk about the different cars. What we like and what we don't like! He's into muscle cars and I only gather Acceleracers related cars.

But my Mommy pride swells up when he spots something I haven't!
I love that time with him. Kids grow so fast, I totally cherish these moments. I'm pretty sure they're going to last once he hits his teens and beyond, but you never know!

Yup you'll never know. wink

At last year, i go to 7E that near my house..Then i see the HW rack, but no my favorite car..Then i ask the man that work in the 7E, I ask him "The HW cars there only no other car, then he said have, and he take out 1 plastic bag that inside have a some HW car and some Twistie pack..and I open see, have HW 08 honda..I just take the car and pay it..But now, i ask the another man that work in the 7E, then he said "No more, sana saja.."... I think the man was lazy to take.. Evil or Very Mad

Fadli85 wrote:
Very close to my home, the restock there very fishy, very few cars on the pegs, and the most I see the new ones are from Matchbox, usually stocks are slow moving over there, but when it does restock, very few new cars on the peg, like 3-5 only, the rest are blimps & ford lo-boy, not even dragtor, and on several cases, notice nice cars are hidden behind HW playset, Scrabble and stuff, I don't know who did this, but damn the restock very fishy....feels like.....got........i*****r

There's nothing fishy, the 'insider' is not really an insider but one funny dude who set cars up that way, like 1-2 pcs per hook. Once upon a time number of Giants received like 20 Chrysler cases, really bad move, but still possible to clear though may take longer. But when i came across this Giant and see that dude stocking up i know this gonna take long, long time to finish, and i was right. Btw don't ask me how's the chryslers doing is there any supers or what cause i didn't hoard check them, i know that dude too not really bothered to take out the greens.

The Insider Stories

(some dialogue lines translated to english for convenient reading, and i will never reveal identities of any characters here so if somehow anyone involved reading this no worries hehe)

#1 Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Location - One of known hunting ground black spots
Time - Months ago

As i'm wandering around trying to 'sniff' the new stocks our beloved friend popped out..
"You want that?"
"Urm.. yeah?"
*goes to his secret stash and bring out a reg*
"Thanks bang, but i already have that"
"No prob"
"Anyway just wondering if that's what i'm looking for.."
"For you RMxx"
"For me RMxx?"
"Yeah cause we both Malay, normally that regular Chinese dude i charge RMXX.."

#2 Mahligai Syahdu

Location - A place for rich n' famous but completely useless when it comes to Hotwheels
Time - Can't remember

"You know that singer Hattan? (Malay artist, one of Akademi Fantasia critic last time)
"Yah?"
"He also came here that day looking for Hotwheels!"

(what that dude claimed, dun ask me to verify)

#3 Insider's Words of Wisdom

Location - Somewhere far away..
Time - Evil Twin TH round

Yet to capture Super Evil Twin so I gambled to hit somewhere very far from where i am, knowing other outlets of the same store have just received it. Upon reaching there no one was there but 2 cases seen lying on floor already opened but with all the cars inside, seems that they just placed the price tag on it. Grabbed the 2 regs inside but it's my hunting way that unless the store is known to have insider, normally i'll always seek permission to raid / acknowledge them i took the cars so i walked around looking for sumone and finally spotted one. The kakak got pretty pissed seeing i'm holding the hunts so i'm guessing even if she wasn't an insider they're reserved to someone regular there. I voluntarily pass back the 2 regs (already scored those btw) but she refused to take.

"Don't worry kak! It's okay i don't really mind leaving this for others"
"No no.. take it!"
"Urmm..?"
"No point you do good to other people, when you won't know other people will do the same to you.."

More stories to come!

under cover braderrrrr.......nice story there, interesting....!

So far, I encountered honest and good 7-Eleven staff, they don't mention the green card or anything.

Anyway, any of you here encountered another COLLECTOR while you were walking in the same store? do you wrestle for the car? what do you do? just step away or stood your ground?

wahhh nice stories mr UCB~
i didnt knoe hattan was also a collector...lol
haha

Fadli85 wrote:
under cover braderrrrr.......nice story there, interesting....!

So far, I encountered honest and good 7-Eleven staff, they don't mention the green card or anything.

Anyway, any of you here encountered another COLLECTOR while you were walking in the same store? do you wrestle for the car? what do you do? just step away or stood your ground?

1st come 1st serve...hehe,but make it cheerfull waylaaa...make friends..my 2cents..

This one just a few days ago. In 7E. I got 2 Hw 3 packs with a can drink and newspaper. I gave the guy RM50. He give me back RM30.3. I just took the money. But before i could reach the door, he called me back and said he calculated wrongly and gave me too much change.

Dang!!! Nearly hit jackpot! hahaha! Anyway the staff is not local inside that 7E. I think he is newbie there or his mind is somewhere.

netmatrix wrote:
This one just a few days ago. In 7E. I got 2 Hw 3 packs with a can drink and newspaper. I gave the guy RM50. He give me back RM30.3. I just took the money. But before i could reach the door, he called me back and said he calculated wrongly and gave me too much change.

Dang!!! Nearly hit jackpot! hahaha! Anyway the staff is not local inside that 7E. I think he is newbie there or his mind is somewhere.

Hehe... mine is slightly terbalik, often i either in a rush or too excited scoring some good stuff that the guy had to call me telling hey here's your change!

Recently went to a 7-11, holding a few muscle cars Hot Wheels in my hand, I ask the guy cashier if there is anymore stock, he said, "apa, bakugan?"

What? Do I look like someone who would buy that? and what's with kids with their bakugan anyways?

Fadli85 wrote:
Recently went to a 7-11, holding a few muscle cars Hot Wheels in my hand, I ask the guy cashier if there is anymore stock, he said, "apa, bakugan?"

What? Do I look like someone who would buy that? and what's with kids with their bakugan anyways?

maybe he said that cause you're buying toys,btw do they sell bakugan in 7e??

Fadli85 wrote:

lol!lol! ..

haha. i was told by 7E staff before only got new bakugan stock but not hw. laugh1

#4 My fellow 'overseas' collector

Location - Not relevant to story not worth mentioning
Time - Same as above

*done 'hoarding' the new stuff with aid from Bangla dude there*
"Thanks!"
"You hotwheels like? i this hotwheels collect!"
"Wow really?"
"You wait i come take my hotwheels!"
*went to his secret stash* (wah this bangla must be up to something!)
*returns with completely random cars blimps like that, including loose ones*
"These i like"
"LOL!"

#5 Bulan Ramadhan Bulan Yang Mulia

Location - One of mistakenly known hunting ground black spots?
Time - Some time after buka puasa

A store that disappoints me most of the time (though people been saying that 'wearing cap dude' must have been in control in this territory). So as always, undercover just sit alone there with his 'sad' face for missing the greenies, when the usual not so friendly kakak passes by..

"..."
"Urmm.. Anymore new stock?" (anticipating the same usual answer)
"All display already" (not so good mood face as always)
*Continues sitting there staring at floor, ceiling, random bootlegs..*

*She went away and moments later returns to show me something in her hand*
"Whoaa! SUPER Enzo! Can i take?"
"Nah.."

Returns home with big smile and new super, at no extra charge of course..

#6 INSIDER SPOTTED!!

Location - Somewhere i visited for the first time
Time - 2 years ago

Pegs are full! Ahh.. no greenies. Nvm lemme try ask..

"Bang, any other cars besides this?"
"No more, you looking for treasure hunts one?"
"There is? Can i have a look!"
"Wait.." (let's see how much our friend gonna charge for it)

*returns with reg Brutalistic, few reg Camaro Z28, and SUPER Camaro*
"Woot!"
*Holding it for long time*
*He smiles*
"So i'll take all this?"
"Yeah?"
"I'll go pay at counter now"
"Okay"
"Err.. so you kept this hunts?"
"Yeah?"
"For someone?"
"For any Hotwheels collector looking for this lah"