Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

Have you ever met David? Share your story here!

So I was thinking about how David is giving away a FANTASTIC prize for people who donate to ABC2 through his page on the Mozilla Firefox Challenge for Crowdrise (donate NOW if you haven't yet! It's almost over!): a 5-minute skype call with him, and how I can't even imagine having that long talking to him. What an amazing opportunity that will be for whoever wins!

Anyway, it got me thinking about how, especially with the M&Gs available on this last tour before and sometimes after shows, quite a number of people here have met David at some point in the last 3 1/2 years. And I've always LOVED hearing people's meeting David stories, especially those meeting him the first time. But all our stories are spread all around the forum in one show thread or another or the RFH thread, etc. So I thought I'd start a thread for people to post their David stories all in one place!

If you've met David, even if you shared about it elsewhere, please relive it and share it with us all by adding your story to this thread. If you've met him more than once, feel free to share all of your encounters or just the one(s) most special, heartwarming, interesting, or funny in some way. Or start with one and come back later with more.

So please, everyone, share! I'll share some of my moments, from heartwarming to hilarious, as well. Smile

I'll start with the first time I met David, on the AI tour (note: you can tell it's the AI tour right away when you see all the bling around his neck, lol), when I gave him the first Signal & Sentiments book. Which we were all lucky to have captured on tape! The surprise on his face when he opened the book was priceless!

Guest Guest
Awww Love That always makes me smile when I see that video!

The first time I met David, was on the AI Tour. I was in Oregon visiting a friend, and the Idol Tour was coming to Portland. He was her favorite from the show too, so we planned my trip to coincide with the tour. After the show we were walking back to the car, and passed the area where people were waiting by the buses. We got in line, but we were way at the end, and they were warning people the Idols wouldn't have much time, so we didn't expect to meet him.

He came out - the last one - and came straight down to our end of the line. He was shocked that I had come from Ohio to Oregon - it was only the second or third show of the tour and I don't think he realized how people would travel to see him yet - and he cocked his eyebrow and told me, "You do know we're playing shows in Ohio, don't you?" and laughed. Then he made me promise to come see him again in Cleveland. He was in a hurry, so he started walking away after signing my shirt. He started signing something for the next person, and my friend said to him, "We're just a couple of Word Nerds." He stopped signing, looked back at us, and got the biggest smile as he said, "I LOVE the Word Nerds!"

I couldn't wait to get back to a computer so I could share that story... his first unsolicited shout out to us. Awww Love

Guest Guest
I've been lucky enough to meet David a few times(damn it there has to be a better way to put that. Can you really "meet" someone more than once lol?). I think my favorite was the last time after the Keswick show. It was a spur of the moment decision to go to that meet and greet. I went to two shows this tour York and Keswick. I did the meet and greet already at York and it was fun. I'm not sure why I did it again. I didn't have a camera with me, didn't really want an autograph as I've never been able to figure out what to do with them.

So I walked up when it was my turn and said..."I don't need an autograph or photo with you. I just want to let you know that your concert helped me escape from life for an hour. That is truly a gift, so thank you". He gave me a really nice hug and while he was hugging me said very quietly "Thank you for that". It was just a very sweet moment. I hope it made him feel good. It sure made my night!

Aw, I ALWAYS love that story, Jeannie, and I can so picture it the way you tell it. And Barb... considering I never manage to say anything half so nice as that, I'm so glad you got the chance to and actually did it. Awww Love

I am obviously not qualified in this thread, lol, but the fact that I remembered Jeannie's first-meeting story means that I've been around in this board for quite some time Wink and of course that video! Awww Love

Btw, Stacy, I need a transcript. I could never make out what he said about Archie in that S&S video, what did he say? "Whenever Archuleta ...... " ??
Just so you know, I downloaded that video and watch it from time to time. It's still surreal that the cover has MY face in it

"Whenever Archultela get's out of line" I think it was. Gotta re-watch it & check, lol. ETA: Yup, that was it. Goofball! Razz

You know what's even MORE surreal? When he takes that book off his bookshelf every once in a while, I bet he pauses and looks at us all on the cover before opening it. Heart

*chills* I hope he still touches the book, even if it's just removing the dust, lol.

Thanks, that makes sense, he'll tap the book to Archie if he gets out of line. Bad brother! Very Happy

Aw, now I'm missing the good old days when he'd give us little shout-outs and do stuff only we would get. I wish he'd pop in here, get some joy out of reading how much we get out of meeting him, then spend an evening with the Sentiments books, then tweet something about getting "sentimental" reading an old book or something. Awww Love

If you want to read only the recap of my meeting(s) skip this first post... The recap is at the next one.

This first post is more about my "story" and how wonderful the fate was to me !

As you known, I live in Brazil and meet David was something I always imagined it'd not be so easy.
So be here talking about meeting David is something so UNBELIEVABLE AND AMAZING for me.
Something that 6 months ago, I'd never think would happens with me - at least not so fast !

I tried to meet him once in 2009 when I saw my #1 DC show in Sacramento, I saw him playing catch before the show, took photos/videos of him, even talked to him and tossed him a gift but I wasn't able to really "meet him"( meaning: talk, hug, take a photo) cause he had a migraine and didn't stop to talk to the fans before the show - and after the show there're a huge crowd so he only gave autographs.
So I was intending to make another attempt to meet him in 2012 attending to any of his shows at US during my vacations.

And suddenly as a gift sent by Heaven, he announced the VIP packages. First I thought it'd be pure madness go to US (I had no remaining vacation days) only to see him. But then I realized that I must grab that chance, that it was the signal of God showing me the way to fulfill one of my dearest dreams.
And all the stuff conspired in my favor:
I have a friend (DC Fan of course) who lives in Scottsdale, who was going to Phoenix show and offered me to stay at her house;
The show was on Sunday, so I could fly to US on Friday night, arrive there on Saturday, attend to the show on Sunday and come back to Brazil on Monday.
So I decided to make the craziest (and most amazing) trip ever, only to see and meet Dave - and it worth every penny and all the fatigue of 2 international flights within 3 days.

I tried to make a short version of my long recap about my #1 meeting with Dave - last October in Phoenix.
I met David twice at the same night.

#1 MEET - VIP M&G
Due some delay at the soundcheck and the VIP M&G - about 20 people, me included, did the M&G after Gavin's show.
We went to the backstage area in line waiting for them.
About a couple of minutes later they came – David ahead of all, sipping something at a paper cup, wearing his well-know skeleton hoodie.
He was so relaxed and smiley – irradiating happiness at his face. He talked to us thanking for our patience and understanding.
The M&G started and it's the coolest stuff ever… not like a formal event but quite as a great meeting among friends. That made everyone so relaxed that all the nervous about meeting him - if there was any - was gone. Each one had a lot of time to talk to him and the guys.
When my turn came I talked and hugged Kyle (congrated him for his baby girl, he smiled so sweetly and gave me a hug) and Andy (remembered him we'd met last June at THH show, he gave that shy smile of his, hugged me, and I gave him 2 covers to sign - THH and Luna Despierta).
Dave was the next. He has that gorgeous sweet smile at his face.
I always thought I'd be nervous facing him - but happened exactly the contrary - I was so calm like going to talk to an old friend. I told him that I live in Brazil and went there only to meet him. He looked deep into my eyes, his eyes shining, his face full of amazement, surprise...
DAVE: - WOW, you're awesome for doing this …this is so sweet…
He pulled me and hugged me – a very sweet and warm hug.
I asked him to come to Brazil, that he has a lot of Brazilian fans who loves him but are not able to do like me and fly to US to see him. He told me he knows about this and he wants to come here and there's some people trying to manage some tour dates abroad.
I gave him TLM and TQN covers to sign and while he was doing it I went to talk to Devin (told him that's nice to meet him and that he's welcome to the band- he gave a cute smile and hugged me) and Monty (remembered him we'd met last June at THH show - he gave a large smile and hugged me).
Then I came back to Dave and I told him his music is a blessing at my life.
David became dazzled, astonished, his eyes sparkling of emotion, it took some time till he could be able to say something:
DAVE: - You made me blush… what you'd said…you're awesome..I'm lack of words….
I held his both hands and told him looking straight at his eyes….
ME: It's you who is awesome…
He gave me the most beautiful and moved smile and gave me another amazing hug full of affection.
Then we took the official photo.
 111.jpg
Before leaving I told him he had promised to come to Brazil and I'd charge the promise. He laughed and pointed Jody (his tour manager) and told me – he's in charge of this. I asked him if I could hug him again on behalf of all my friends that could not be there, he smiled:
DAVE: - Of course dear - and we hugged again.

#2 MEET - DAVID&GAVIN M&G
All the people that waited for the "belated" M&G received as a "gift" the other M&G, with David and Gavin without needing to buy merchandise package.
The girl before me in line was talking with Dave and I'm waiting for my turn… Gavin called me to talk with him - he's adorable and asked him also to come to Brazil, about the fans he has here and he hugged me.
It's my turn to talk to Dave again.
He looked at me with one of those funny smiles of his, and said:
DAVE: - Think I know you from somewhere
Gave the cutest laugh and gave me another hug - the fourth of the night.
Gavin's Staff Guy (who was in charge of the photos) took a photo only of me with David.
 211.jpg
Then I asked him to take another one with both Gavin and David.
And these 2 photos turned into the coolest ones ever… the two guys making funny dorky faces… so adorable.
 311.jpg 413.jpg
Before I leave, David winked, smiled and asked me with the funniest and most adorable face ever:
DAVE: - One more hug darling ?
ME: - Of course dear !

And this last hug turned at the most tight, warm and long lasting of all hugs we gave (5).
Unbelievable and Unforgettable.

Everything that happened at the two M&Gs surpassed all my dreams, not only by the time I spent by his side, but mainly by the intensity and emotion of these moments we shared.
How could I ever dare to dream to hug him 5 times at the same night, make him speachless, teary, listen him call me dear, darling, awesome, sweet....
Something I will hold on and treasure forever.

Guest Guest

Stacy, you need to post the story of giving him the second book next.

And you must put your "totally dissed David" story in here as well. I remember reading that out loud to Rachel and Eve while we were traveling to a show the day after it happened, and we were in total hysterics!

My favorite time of talking to David (you are right, Barb... you can only meet someone once) was at the VIP in Columbus. We were almost the last people out of 104, and I thought we'd be rushed. He was so sweet that day. I walked up and talked to Kyle and Andy for a moment, then I turned to Dave and started to put out my hand for him to shake, and he just grabbed me and pulled me into a hug instead. Somehow I managed to tell him how much I loved TLM, and Eve got a great candid shot where you can see he's totally looking in my eyes and even put his hand on his heart as he thanked me. I freaked when I saw the picture later... "OMG, he gave me the signal - what was I saying?" LOL Face

Anyway it was time for the picture and as we were lining up, I said to Dave, "I hope this one comes out decently. I got a picture with you last year, and it's so bad of me that I won't show it to anyone." He said, "I bet it's not that bad," and I told him that even my husband had told me, "Well at least you have a picture for yourself to remember the day by." Dave told me, "This one is going to be awesome!... I know it."

Wade took the picture, and I started to move away, but Dave kept his arm around my shoulders and told me to wait. He looked over at Wade and asked him if the picture was good. Wade checked and said it was, and Dave said, "See? I told you it would be awesome." And then he pulled me in and gave me another hug before I walked away to meet Devin and Monty - neither of whom I had met before. Monty just grabbed me and gave me a hug too.

He was in such a good mood, despite all the people he had to see that day... he went out of his way to make sure my picture was good. (And it was.) He gave me two unrequested hugs. It was early in the tour, and he was clearly touched hearing how much TLM meant to the fans. It was just a perfect few minutes for me.

Great stories, Chris & Jeannie! Keep 'em comin', everyone!

Yes, Jeannie, I plan to share both the S&S v2-giving story and the "dissing" story. I didn't want to share the latter right away because, while most find it very amusing, I was liking the "all about the love" theme we've got going. But, now that I think about it, perhaps those who also have had less-than-perfect encounters with David and were shy to post theirs among what are so far only ones that went very well. And if they read my crazy story, they'll feel free to post theirs, because no matter how bad theirs was, at least they didn't unintentionally totally diss Dave lol. I still can't believe I acted so crazy that day.

As Jeannie pointed out, the first time I told the story was the best, that night when I got home, so I'm going to quote my original telling of the story. Keep in mind as you read it that I love David dearly. Everyone who knows me knows that, and I like to think that, despite this encounter, lol, David does.

This took place at a meet & greet after the Providence, RI Declaration Tour show. I recapped that show in an earlier post in the thread and it was a great show and some of the highlights for me were a rare guitarless song (Mr. Sensitive!) and getting to hear Andy sing "Make Me." Now, everyone has their own preferences for MWK songs that Dave and Andy have both sung. I think "Anodyne" is only perfect when Dave is singing it. It's also one of my favorite songs ever, and has incredibly deeply emotional meanings for me. But "Make Me" only sounds right to me with Andy singing. Now this may seem like totally random information but it's actually really pertinent to the story.

Okay, after the show, the band came out for the M&G and all lined up. I waited my turn and gave my camera to the guy taking pictures. I had decided I was going to say a little something to each of the guys. I was totally calm and totally cool... at the start. They were lined up: Monty / Neal / David / Andy / Kyle. So first I said "Hi, Monty, you are a great addition to the band." Fine, so far, so good.

Second! Neal. I had decided I was going to say something about how much Anodyne means to me and thank him for the song and say my friend thanks him for 'Til I'm Blue. That should be no problem, especially since I don't go fangirl about Neal. Now, before I go any further, let me say I do just fine as long as I know what I want to say and everything goes as expected. If something goes unlike what I expected, my mouth train derails and starts plowing through the suburbs beside the tracks, knocking over old ladies and sending their groceries flying and shit. So, Neal. No problem, right?

Stacy: Hi, Neal.
Neal: Hi, nice to see you again.
Stacy: Shocked ...
Shocked ...
[Neal recognizes me. I only met him once before, briefly, a year ago. This does not compute. Stacy: no comprendo. Stacy's mouth train? Off the tracks]
Stacy: Shocked ...
ANODYNE!... [thinking: shit! I was going to say something about Anodyne! what was it?!]
Great song! It's, like, my favorite song ever, thank you.
David [who Stacy has not yet even looked at no less addressed]: UM! I had something to do with that song too!
Stacy [glances at David] Oh really? [continues to ignore David for no reason whatsoever]

Stacy: [walks over to him] Andy!
[You might note, in my line-up I described that David was after Neal. Then Andy. Stacy totally skips David. Don't ask why. There is no reason. Off the tracks.]
Andy: Hi.
Stacy: I've waited this WHOLE TOUR to hear you sing! Make Me!
David: Am I even here? [or something like that. I forget exactly what he said. Maybe it was, "Um, hello?" I'm not sure because I wasn't really paying attention to him. LOL!]
Stacy: [finally turns to look at and speak to David] Hi! Shakes his hand.
David: [looks relieved that this "fan" is finally paying attention to the star.]
Stacy: I met Edie! She's the cutest dog!
David: Ah, yes. She is the cutest, well, next to Dublin.
Neal: *sticks his arm out at us and starts showing off Mr. Sixx there as his bid for cutest dog.
Stacy: Oh, my cat Bar-ba-sol is the cutest! [What is wrong with me? scratch ]
Photographer: *starts yelling at me to shut up so he can take the picture and I can move along.* *takes pictures, shoos me along.*
Stacy: *grabs her bag and jacket and at least manages to say "Thank you" to David. I'm sure he has no friggin clue what I was thanking him for since I didn't say. But I can only hope he took it for thanks for everything which is I guess what it was. *

So... there is the story about how Stacy totally unintentionally totally dissed David. I gave Neal full credit for a song that was part his, then skipped him to tell Andy that apparently this whole tour with David singing meant nothing to me, apparently it's all about me waiting through endless David performances to finally hear Andy sing.

Then David finally gets Stacy's attention and all she has to say to him is that this dog is cute. Not even his dog. Someone else's dog. Then she and David and Neal discuss which animal is really the cutest. Nothing about his music. Nothing about how I love Mr. Sensitive with no guitar. No asking him how his new album is coming along. No. Ignore him. Then talk about dogs.

So, David, if you happen to lurk here and notice this, sorry. I actually DO love you best! Even better than Neal & Andy & Edie & Dublin & Bar-ba-sol the cat. I DO love the songs you write and co-write. I DO love to hear your voice above all others. I DO love all you do for your fans. I DO love that you gave The Signal again at tonight's show as you do every show. I DO think you're fucking hot. Oh, well, okay, that last part wasn't necessary. I DO need to invest in a mouth clutch!

Guest Guest
ROFLOL I needed a good laugh... thanks for posting that again, Stacy! Funniest fucking M&G ever!

Guest Guest

That story still makes me ROFLOL

Glad to provide you guys some entertainment! Smile

Re-reading it I think the weirdest part is how, when David had to interject to correct me that he co-wrote Anodyne, too, I said, "Oh really?" Because I KNEW that. I knew perfectly well the three of them wrote it together! I remembered when I heard him sing Anodyne, at the Newburgh show, he bantered about the song before starting and SAID that the three of them wrote it. To this day I have no earthly idea what possessed me to do that.

Guest Guest

It's all Neal's fault. He tossed you a curve ball when he remembered you, and threw you off your game plan. Wink

It IS all Neal's fault! Razz Which is unusual. Because usually I JBD lol. But in a way, it WAS also Dave's fault - because I met him quite a number of times before he seemed to recognize me, despite recognizing everyone else he ever met, so David had me convinced there was no way Neal, who I'd only met once, could recognize someone so unmemorable as me, lol!

I'm thinking in that ^ case, your unconscious mind was playing tricks with you, Stacy Razz

And I did hear a lot about Neal recognizing almost everyone he's met before. Pretty scary quality, I must say, cause then you can't hide from him (or go undercover without him knowing, lol)

Guest Guest

OK.....

My first (and only thus far) meeting with David was back on June 21st, 2009 in Wichita, KS. It was my 2nd show (1st was Red, White & Boom the day before).

Went to the bus after the show and I was able to get right up front where the bus doors are.

As I get there NEAL is out talking to fans. He was telling them how he hurt his finger. He decided to take a steak knife and make a hole in a wallet (guessing it's for the chain he uses) and well, he sliced his finger instead.
Before I could ask for a pic, he takes off and goes in the bus Crying

So then Joey Andy and Kyle come out of the venue and get on the bus, but come out after a bit.

Joey and Kyle were a bit quick with a few autographs and pics.... again didn't get a pic with them Crying BUT I did manage to get a pic with Andy.... YAY!!!! Loves me some Spud!!!

Then all hell breaks loose as David comes out.... LOL. not litterly, but YKWIM. So he's telling them all to calm down and that he will sign autographs but NOT do pics. He was tired and hadn't really eaten all day and was starving. So he makes his way down the line and finally gets to me..... *insert (not so) calm Tricia here* lol

So I tell him that I came from Canada, just to see my FIRST show. Asked for a pic, but didn't work, lol.

So then he decides to tease me....

David: "CA-NA-DA" *said in some weird accent* "Hey, I think we may have some shows booked in Canada."

Me: "Really, well I'm about 3 hrs from Maine and I don't think you will be close to my city though"

THEN he procceeds to back up, look me straight in the eyes and says....

David: "WOAH, WOAH!! Wait a minute, wait a minute. Hold on. You mean to tell me that we might have some shows in Canada and YOU came to WICHITA to see ME?!?!?!"

Me: *all embarassed now* Ummmm...... yea?? (that's all I could mutter as he was STARRING AT ME!!!! lol)

David: "Ahhhh, I'm just kidding"

And then HE pulls ME in for a HUG!!!! and not a one armed hug.... a FULL ON 2 ARMED HUG!!! ShockedThud_old

Before I became a David fan I was self harming to deal with my depression. May 24, 2008 his music forever changed my life, it gave me a healthier way to deal with my emotions and relieve stress. Since that day I prayed for the chance to get to thank him in person. My life has had more negatives and heartbreaks then good things so I was 100% positive that I would never get that chance, things like that don't happen to people like me.

August 8th 2009, I did a road trip from upstate,ny to Ohio to see David at the state fair. The closest I got was watching him from a few feet away by his bus, I did meet his Dad and Andrew, who were both super cool & nice. It was amazing to watch off camera David..got to see him for like 30 mins just hanging out with his family and messing with his golf clubs. Then I watched the show from 8th row. I thought that was as good as it was gonna get for me.

Fast Forward to October of 2011. The Clifton Park date popped up and when it first showed up there was no mention of VIP packages right off. My first thought..I can and will go to this show but of course there is no VIP....stuff like that don't happen to me!

Imagine my shock a little while later when VIP packages became available for all dates..instant shock and tears!!! No freaking way, this wasn't real..stuff like this don't happen to me! Well VIP tixs where bought(thanks to a dear DC friend, who is now my angel) but I still wasn't believing it! I was now convinced that something was going to happen and I wasn't going to be able to go. I was also sooooo scared that I wouldn't be able to say a word to David. I had so much anxiety and fear leading up to the show that it wasn't even funny!!!

Let's fast forward to the night before the show. That night I had a full blown panic attack, the reality of it all finally sinking in, I was going to get my chance to thank David in person...that is if I was able to talk..what if I made a fool of myself? I was making myself sick with worry!

Ok so, show day. This was a general admission show..the type I swore I would never do cause I have a fear of being around so many ppl and these shows are not in a controlled type environment. We were among the 1st 15 in line, not sure on times but we seen David enter the building it was a bar with huge glass windows and I think my heart stopped beating seeing him, I was filed with fear that I was gonna freeze in front of him. Andrew made us move back so we couldn't see the band soundchecking. We didn't have to wait that long to get let in for our soundcheck. Have you ever felt yourself shake from the inside out? Weird feeling but that's how I felt as I watched David from I guess what you can call it 1st row Andy's side. I was in total awe of him, he is so effing beautiful up close...no way I was gonna be able to mutter a word to him.

So soundcheck ended and we got in line for the M & G..we were again in the 1st few. I was BEYOND terrified and I wanted to leave..if it wasn't for my friend I would have! So it becomes my turn and with shaky legs I walk up to David and look straight into his eyes..which I was told not to do that they would render me speechless... well they had the opposite effect on me..I felt strangely clam. I told him my name and he extended his hand told me his name(which made me laugh to myself, if I would of been the smart ass type I would of said "Who?") and I shook his hand...which is so soft. I took a deep breath and still looking him in the eye, told him that I used to self harm and was ready to give up on life and I credit his music to the fact that I am still breathing. He simply said "oh wow, thanks." it wasn't what he said it was the tone of his voice, he seemed genuinely touched and appreciative, it made me feel so good. I was emotional when I spoke to him but not the foolish mess I thought I was gonna be..no clue how I held it together..guess real life David has the same effect on me as his music does..calming. So I asked him if I could have a hug and he enthusiastically said "absolutely", so I got a nice tight hug...it was heaven! I gave him a thank you card and then he signed my Broken Records mag, posed for the pic and that was it!

I was basically in the same spot for the show..which was surreal watching him perform that close. The whole experience was surreal and I can not put into words how much it meant to thank the man I credit for saving my life. When so many horrible things happen to me, to have something so good happen to me is in my opinion nothing short of a miracle and definitely an answered prayer. I guess if you believe hard enough and long enough dreams have a way of coming true.

I cried myself to sleep that night as I tried to process it all. I lost it AFTER it was all over..I thought that's how I was gonna act in front of him but it all turned out perfectly. My VIP pic hangs proudly on my living room wall and I still look at it in awe..can't believe that really happened to ME..but I thank God that it did! I now have not only his music but a wonderful memory to call upon during moments of darkness.

Side note..I am wondering if this has only happened to me.. I lust hard core over pics of David and watching him perform but when I was in front of him for the M & G I didn't have one unpure thought! I only thought how stunning his eyes are and how pretty he is..like girl pretty (with the long eyelashes, full lips, perfect complexion..the man is beautiful) and how sweet and humble he is. I couldn't help thinking that he is the kind of person that would be cool to hang out with and talk to..he seems like alot of fun. The story totally changed though when I was watching him on the stage...then he was the kind of person I wanted to bang!!! Jackle and Hyde? Weird but wonderful! LMAO!!!

WOW..that was a lot of rambling! This happened 12/3/11 and I am still in awe! Best moment of my life and I will always be a David Cook fan but this experience sealed the deal even more!

I don't belong in this thread since I haven't met him but I just wanted to say I love reading all these stories/memories of all of you meeting him Smile sounds like all of you have very special memories Smile

Guest Guest
Aww of course you belong in this thread Pam!! It doesn't matter if you haven't met him yet. You can still share in the joy, anxiety, babbling etc that we are sharing here.

Guest Guest
Penny, I understand exactly what you mean. I see David on stage, in photos and videos and I think "OMG he's so gorgeous and sexy". When I met him it never really entered my mind. In person I found him charming, friendly and boy next door kind of cute.

justforme wrote:
Penny, I understand exactly what you mean. I see David on stage, in photos and videos and I think "OMG he's so gorgeous and sexy". When I met him it never really entered my mind. In person I found him charming, friendly and boy next door kind of cute.

Penny and Barb,
you both had just described my feelings about him, so precisely !! High Five!
At the stage he is the gorgeous, hot "rockstar" - the David Cook. DroolThud!
But when you are face to face with him - he is only the sweet, nice, adorable, funny, goofy guy - just David ! Awww Love

So this is the Davetrance zone? Awww Love

I don't consider myself a lucky person at all, I mean, 24 1/2 years of experience can assure it Razz. But this time around, when it comes to Mr. Cook things have changed a bit Smile.

Since September 10th, 2009 at my very first concert on San Diego, I wanted to meet David so bad (who doesn't, right?) so was determined to stay at the buses, not giving a damn to sleep late and probably skipping school the next day haha. And well, what happened that day is that I made it to banter with him during show (showing off his poor Spanish speaking skills) and even there was no pic/autograph after-show for us, I gave him a t shirt before getting to the bus just like that. No talking. Just extending my arms and gave it to him. And yes, I whined like a baby regretting why I did ONLY that Very Sad

Then, Pechanga show was not a moment to meet him again. And so it came 2010, where I didn't have a single chance to see him on his sporadic shows during it, while I was daydreaming the day I'd get to meet him that a straitjacket was almost on the way for me.

Until...2011. Smile

After going to the Idol taping late April (again, no meeting David up close but did meet Neal, the only one I didn't get to meet after a show) a common day as May 26th changed my perspective of luck and give to myself an incredible memory; probably all of you know the story! Razz

Me and my Mom went to Viejas Casino to attend a promo show hosted by a radio station thanks to a WordNerd angel who invited us to come over with her; this show not only was gonna give me the chance to listen to David acoustically, but also A MEET AND GREET. My dream was gonna come true AT LAST Very Happy. I just couldn't stop counting the hours left to share eye contact and why not? words too, as long as they were coherent.

But as many said before, the stars were more than aligned on that day. I'm not a complete astrological believer but probably Cancer was in the fountain of luck (?) that before getting my opportunity at that time, I got to meet David AND THE BAND at a common place called KFC. I WAS MORTIFIED, DEAD LIVING [even people told me I looked calm, I WASN'T] The coherent talk wasn't successful as I wanted, but at least I spoke correctly English and stuttering didn't make a presence.

What else can I say from the rest of you? The man is LITERALLY BEAUTIFUL. HIS EYES. HIS SMILE. HIS VOICE. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I wanted to tell David to pinch me because I wasn't believing what was happening. And what I was more grateful is that my mind blocking didn't betray me and I did give him a letter my friends from Latin American fandom community (Cookie's Musketeers) sent to me and well...he said, "I love it!" Smile along with a tweet including a twitpic of us holding the letter; that was an unforgettable reward not only for me, but for all of these endearing people who are waiting like nuts a tour stop that I truly hope it comes true. By far, think this is the best and most epic experience of my life that it will be tough to beat.

Hours later, the show happened and so it did the M&G. Again, coherent talk wasn't successful [probably a bit more] but was so nice he received me with a smile and gave me a hug after what happened before. And not only that, but also a warm kiss on the cheek. SERIOUSLY, I looked so calm but I wasn't and how didn't I die right there??. God only knows.

Months later, and TLM tour shows were being announced, and tadaa! San Diego was listed there cheers

Unfortunately, wasn't able to do VIP, but I ran with luck with getting M&G aftershow. My goal, mostly of it is that I wanted to have a coherent conversation FINALLY. Out of nerves. Like a regular guy (which he's not, heh)
And while I was in line and was having a chat with people around and the twitpic story popped up and they told me to talk to him about it. I was convinced that he wasn't going to remember me. But well pressure went on, and after chatting with Gavin, my Davey turn was on. Nerve wracking attacked over me (don't understand why I got more nervous this time) and with my pants tied on tightly and deep breath, I was starting to ask the infamous question while during it...

ME: David, maybe you don't remember, but past summer while you were doing a a promo show here, you were at KFC and...

DAVID: (smiling) You're the girl who came to us to give me a letter and we took a picture of it.

And that resulted me stepping back with my hands on the mouth and gasping/shouting "OH MY GOD, YOU REMEMBER" At this rate, I still think I freaked him out! Wade LOL'ed at it and immediately I turned out to owe an apology about my reaction, LOL.
A bit calmer, I asked David to hug me, grabbing me and gave me big hug. I told him that I didn't think he was gonna remember me and he said that of course he did as he has the letter at home and telling me that it was a very cool gesture from us and he'd love to go there and fulfill their dreams.

I can't remember slighter details of 'em, but 2011 was my DC year with all of these encounters which I will treasure for the rest of my life and beyond. STILL I'm making the purpose of having a normal conversation with him someday and to be less nervous than previously I was. I also kinda want to share my story of how I get to meet him and his music; I just want to see how he'd react when I'll put him and Harry Potter at the same sentence, LOL flag

Love all of you, DC world Smile

despite seeing him a few times on his first tour and never gotten to meet the man since I never have that kind of luck, I finally got to see him on this tour, the only time I got to see him (a poor college student could only afford one show LOL) was at the Greensburg show back in November.

BUT, I did see him and meet him on the Idols tour when they came to Pittsburgh. It was very short when I met him outside Mellon Arena standing in the intense heat for hours...me and my mom both told him, at the time, that we were praying for Adam and everything and David was very gracious and said thank you and he seemed to really appreciate those words. But I had small talk with him while he signed my one shirt and took a picture.

Anyway, when I got the chance to finally meet him face to face again in over two years, I just couldn't believe that it was happening. I didn't even think I was able to make the show since I'm part of my college's marching band and our football team was in the playoffs and we had a game that day and the game was very early so I was able to leave as soon as the game was over and drive over to Greensburg and make the show. I got there pretty early but that was okay. it was so awesome to see him live again after being so damn long since I last saw a live show, and so when I had the chance to purchase the after show meet and greet, I took it. after the show was over, we had to wait outside the gym until they told us to go back inside and there wasn't a whole lot of people, maybe 35 or 40 at the most.

They told us to sit on the bleachers and they explained what was going to happen and all of that stuff, and how we were going to be handled and that if we had anything for him to sign to have it out for him to sign and blah blah blah all the normal usual stuff. so he came in after a while and was starting to talk with everyone and at the one point he shot a basketball and made it and did a cute little dance after, so funny (believe there is video of it on youtube someone took) and it didn't take long at all until I was the next person in line and I was pretty nervous but once I got up and started walking towards him...

Man, he had the biggest smile on his face and I just wanted to melt right there, and we both said what's up and he high fived me and wow he has a HARD high five, stung my hand for quite a while...the guy who was there taking the pictures took my camera and took a picture of me and him and then after I handed him my ticket stub for the show and he signed it and I was explaining to him how I almost didn't make it to the show and he noticed my hoodie and said where is Cal (my hoodie said Cal since my school is California University of Pennsylvania) and I told him it was only a half hour away and he said awesome! and then I proceeded to tell him how I almost didn't make it and told him that I played in marching band and he said what instrument I played and I said piccolo and he said oh awesome! and he then was telling how he knows how to play the violin and I looked at him and I was like, totally not the same and he laughed and said I know it's not...he was so adorable!

We talked for a little bit after and I looked at him and he reached and brought me in for a hug, so strong and tight and I said thank you and I think I said something about the Chiefs and Steelers since that weekend they were playing and I seriously, till this day, have no clue what I told him about it but I know it made him crack up and laugh, so I don't know LOL but being able to talk to him like that and not be nervous at all while I talked to him, was just amazing. He called me sweetie and that he was just the normal goof and sweet guy that just happens to play music and sing for a living made it so much more easier to talk with him that he is just one of us Smile When he's singing on stage, I always am like oh my god, he is SO hot and just so beautiful and sexy, but when I saw him in person up close after the show and talking with him, I never was thinking all of that, just that he was a dreamy guy or a guy that I would talk to that I thought was very good looking.

I believe EVERY fan needs to experience it just ONCE....once is all it takes sometimes to just have the best meeting with him, I mean I wouldn't mind seeing him again in the future, but that night in November, I still have held onto that memory still very tight and that it's still my background picture on my phone Awww Love

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
Aw I'm loving all these stories!

Me TOO! Heart

Awww Love Me three !
It's amazing to read about each one's moments with Dave specially the #1 meetings.
After the release of the VIP packages my timeline on facebook, our Home too, was flooded with pictures of friends with the world's happiest faces alongside David - this is so beautiful, wonderful, moving ! Melt
My dream is to see all the friends who have not lived this beautiful moment - having this experience soon! Group Hug2

@Piper wrote:
@DCTaT2Grl wrote:

Me TOO! Heart

Awww Love Me three !
It's amazing to read about each one's moments with Dave specially the #1 meetings.
After the release of the VIP packages my timeline on facebook, our Home too, was flooded with pictures of friends with the world's happiest faces alongside David - this is so beautiful, wonderful, moving ! Melt
My dream is to see all the friends who have not lived this beautiful moment - having this experience soon! Group Hug2

I'm hoping it's me next time Smile I hope he does do this VIP thing again next tour Smile

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
@Piper wrote:
@DCTaT2Grl wrote:

Me TOO! Heart

Awww Love Me three !

I'm hoping it's me next time Smile I hope he does do this VIP thing again next tour Smile

Fingers Crossed!!! for you Pam and all our friends who hadn't yet met him !!! #webelieve it will happens in 2012 !!!!

@Piper wrote:
@DCTaT2Grl wrote:

Me TOO! Heart

Awww Love Me three !

This is also my hope that everybody who wants to has the opportunity for that special moment with David. It's been so touching to read all the stories on this thread. David is so special. Awww Love

DEBRA

@Piper wrote:
@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
@Piper wrote:
@DCTaT2Grl wrote:

Me TOO! Heart

Awww Love Me three !

Fingers Crossed!!! for you Pam and all our friends who hadn't yet met him !!! #webelieve it will happens in 2012 !!!!

Smile thank you!

Since the conversation in another thread turned to us ceasing breathing and turning to puddles of goo on the floor when making direct eye contact with David, thought I'd bump this thread. I'm SURE some of you have not shared your stories yet. We would all love to hear them. And you never know if David himself might pop in here - so maybe whatever it was you WANTED to say when you met him, you can tell him here and now. Wink

Stacy are you saying that David comes in this board? *looks around* Hi!

lol. Who knows? He's known to be a forum lurker, our included. And he has in the past... certainly seemed to have knowledge about members, of things that go on in here. I don't think anyone has asked him in a long time if he still visits here but I see no reason he would stop checking in, at least once in a while. Who wouldn't check in on a fan forum for them? Especially one that has, since our inception, had the most posts per day, of any forum. Other forums come and go out in flames or a slow death... but we will always be here for him. I hope he knows that. Heart

Guest Guest

I have to share a story... it's not mine, but it's probably the most hysterical meeting with Dave I know of. No names will be given, in order to protect the not-so innocent. LOL Face

It happened back on the Declaration Tour. Several of us had gone to a show, and it was far enough away that we were staying overnight in a hotel. As it turned out, it happened to be the same hotel the guys were staying in. So after the show, some of our group went back to the hotel, and some went out for a bit. I was among the group that went back to the hotel, so I only got to hear of the encounter when the others returned...

The nameless fan (I'll call her NF for short) had gone out and returned to the hotel. NF had just found out that day that after a long time of unsuccessful trying, she and her husband were going to have a baby. (Sounds random, but it is important to the story.)

So NF and another friend return to the hotel, and as they enter the lobby, in walks Dave and Joey. NF has never met Dave, so she walks up and tells him how much she enjoyed the show. Dave thanks her... all is going well so far. At this point her mouth goes into overdrive, and out comes this:

NF: "I have to tell you something. I've been trying to get pregnant for so long, and I just found out that I am! And I have you to thank!"

Dave's eyes get big. Joey gives Dave a look. Dave opens his mouth and nothing comes out for a second.

NF: (finally continues her thought) "Everything we tried and I finally found the secret to getting pregnant. You need to do 'it' while listening to Bar-ba-sol!"

Joey laughs hysterically.

Dave looks relieved, chuckles, and tells her "Congratulations. I don't think anyone's ever told me before that they got pregnant listening to one of my songs. Glad to know it caused something good."

Joey (still laughing) says something about never being able to play the song again without thinking about that.

NF now realizes what she just blurted out to him, and says a quick good-bye and runs for the elevator. By the time they get to our room, neither can talk - one is dying from embarrassment, the other dying from laughter. It took forever for us to get the whole story... and then I think we laughed for an hour, while assuring NF that Dave would not think she was totally weird, and that he would indeed find the whole thing funny.

ROFLOL Like I said, true story... not mine, but one of my favorites!

eta: Postscript to story... we gave her a maternity shirt that said "I know just what I did to deserve this" written across the front. LOL Face

lol. Who knows? He's known to be a forum lurker, our included. And he has in the past... certainly seemed to have knowledge about members, of things that go on in here. I don't think anyone has asked him in a long time if he still visits here but I see no reason he would stop checking in, at least once in a while. Who wouldn't check in on a fan forum for them? Especially one that has, since our inception, had the most posts per day, of any forum. Other forums come and go out in flames or a slow death... but we will always be here for him. I hope he knows that. Heart

This is the best forum! I hope he still comes on here and lurks around Smile

Jeannie wrote:
Postscript to story... we gave her a maternity shirt that said "I know just what I did to deserve this" written across the front. LOL Face

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! PERFECT post-script! I'm Not Worthy!ROFLOL

OMG JEANNIE!!!!! THAT IS HYSTERICAL!! CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES!!!

Laughing hystericall

Guest Guest
That is the best shirt ever!!

I loved reading all of your stories about meeting David Very Happy. One day I hope I am able to meet him and share my story. I just hope I don't turn into a puddle of goo but that's me!

Guest Guest

OMG!!! That story was awesome!!! And what a perfect shirt for the occasion! LOL flag

Omg these stories are amazing! All of them! Thank you for sharing!!! :') When I'll meet him, I'll share my story too hahaha Smile

OMG, that's hilarious!!! And yes, PERFECT shirt! Now I'm considering making a shirt with his lyrics on it! Hm, what to choose....

Back to topic, I don't think I will be able to make a sound in front of him, I'm very positive of it. Contrary of how talkative I am on this board, I'm a very shy and reserved person in real life, God only knows how much. At some point, I'm sure I'm gonna embarrass myself when I meet him. God forbids but it's inevitable, I guess.

I literally laughed my whole ass out with it! Can totally imagine David's reaction ROFLOL

OMG! That story is hilarious. I have tears. I can just imagine his face. And the part about him opening his mouth but nothing came out. BWAAAAHHHH!

I kinda hope they do the VIP thing in Asia. How cool would it be for the fans there to get to meet him? And, it's a good way for Dave to bring in extra revenue.

I have never heard a paid VIP package here, Viv, but I could be wrong. If there is any, you bet I'll be first in line Very Happy