Find results in...
cookie4tune

David Cook To Open for Bon Jovi!!!

SOURCE

Quote :
On Saturday, April 28, internationally acclaimed rock 'n' roll front man
Jon Bon Jovi will take the stage at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in
Las Vegas to headline Tiger Jam 2012, a charity concert hosted by Tiger
Woods, benefiting the Tiger Woods Foundation.

Continuing Tiger Jam's tradition of unforgettable concerts, Jon Bon Jovi and friends
will provide fans with a spectacular performance while helping to raise
money for the college-access programs of the Foundation.

Singer and songwriter David Cook, who rose to fame after winning the
seventh season of American Idol, will open for Jon Bon Jovi on the Tiger
Jam stage.

"It's truly an honor to have Jon headline Tiger Jam," event host Tiger
Woods said. "Over the years, he's never hesitated to lend his time and
talents to my Foundation, and I'm so grateful for that."

Jon and Tiger have a long philanthropic history that dates back to 2003
when Bon Jovi first performed at Tiger Jam. Bon Jovi then played Tiger
Jam again in 2007 and this year, Jon Bon Jovi and friends
will perform at the Mandalay Bay Events Center for the first time. Jon
has also been very supportive of the AT&T National while it was held
in Philadelphia. The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation was a tournament
beneficiary in 2010 and 2011.

In true Las Vegas style, Tiger Jam 2012 will include a VIP reception at
House of Blues, featuring gourmet fare and spirits and exclusive live
and silent auctions filled with one-of-a-kind luxury items. Following
the dinner and auctions, the celebration will progress to the Mandalay
Bay Events Center stage, where Woods will introduce Jon Bon Jovi and friends as they take the stage to deliver a rocking performance to Tiger Jammers.

Concert tickets starting at $70, not including applicable service
charges, go on sale Saturday, March 3, at 10 a.m. PT, and will be
available at all Ticketmaster locations (select Smith's Food and Drug
Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per
person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Mandalay Bay
at (877) 632-7400 or Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also will
be available for purchase at MandalayBay.com or Ticketmaster.com.
For more information on 2012 Tiger Jam Sponsorship opportunities or to
attend the dinner and auction, please call (949) 725-3003.

ShockedThudlove plode I can't go but holy fucking shit this is my dream show..my two loves together!!! What an honor for David to open for such a legendary band! Man..I would sell a kidney to go to this!

Holy shit!! Question now is can I afford the trip (not that far from me), the hotel and the concert tickets. hmmmm.....

Guest Guest

This sounds great! I saw someone tweet this place holds 12,000 people! Also perfect on a Saturday night for those who can go Smile

The ticket pricing makes me go weeping. I honestly can't afford them now. But glad I don't have the need to stay in a hotel on Vegas. A minus expense to think about.

Crap, they go on sale THIS Saturday, and I don't get paid till NEXT Friday. Damn, all the good seats will be gone. I wonder if some will open up last minute like other concerts do.

If it's confirmed, y'all still have all March to save the $$$.
I'd say you all should go!

The Mandalay Bay Events Center Stage can hold up to 12,000 seats. It's gotta be BIG!!!!

I'm gonna see if my Sis wants to go with me, so we can share a hotel.

Guest Guest

If it wasn't $500 to fly there I would consider it since I'm on vacation but I'm excited for those who can go! My friend is a big BJ and Dave fan and said BJ sells out fast so be prepared for Saturday's ticket sales. Good Luck!

LOL flag Jaime-I think you'll have to find a few nickels, dimes & quarters to count too!

Guest Guest

Good luck everyone who's gonna try for tickets. This is so awesome for David. Cheers I'm sure he'll tweet about it some time next week. LOL Face

Or the week after. He probably doesn't even know he has this gig Razz

So Jamie, don't let the Benjamins out yet, until the man confirms himself LOL Face

Oh my dear lord! OoooooHhhh! THIS IS AMAZING! *___*
Bon Jovi and David... Same stage, same gig... 12,000 people... I can't believe it! O_O

I wish he could open more concerts for BJ... In July 2011 they were in my city *___* Drool

Holy Sheep!
I'm really happy for David

Guest Guest
This is awesome news if it gets confirmed... *crosses fingers*

I won't be there, but I'm so excited for those of you who can go... what an amazing combination to see on stage, and in Vegas! Damn, why isn't my office doing our Vegas trip the last weekend in April this year?

Two things I'm wishing for...

1) Even if this is a charity concert, I hope David and band still get monetarily compensated even just a wee bit. (Regardless, this is indeed a tremendous publicity opportunity for David!)

2) I hope David's certain spectacular performance in this concert will "seal the deal" for Bon Jovi to commission David as his opener in future concert tours! WooHoo!!WooHoo!!WooHoo!!

ShookByCook wrote:
If it wasn't $500 to fly there I would consider it since I'm on vacation but I'm excited for those who can go! My friend is a big BJ and Dave fan and said BJ sells out fast so be prepared for Saturday's ticket sales. Good Luck!

Jaime-I think you'll have to find a few nickels, dimes & quarters to count too!

Sorry Barb, but this just gave me a big early morning laugh!

Awesome opportunity for David... I am SO thrilled for him!!!! cheers

Even though Tiger Woods makes me want to hurl.

Guest Guest
LOL Chrissie... I'm ignoring the Tiger part as much as possible, and focusing on Bon Jovi and Dave getting to open.

Guest Guest

OMG! I'm sooooo happy for David!!! This is a WONDERFUL opportunity for him and the boys!

Excited2Excited2Excited2

@Analytics wrote:
Two things I'm wishing for...

1) Even if this is a charity concert, I hope David and band still get monetarily compensated even just a wee bit. (Regardless, this is indeed a tremendous publicity opportunity for David!)

2) I hope David's certain spectacular performance in this concert will "seal the deal" for Bon Jovi to commission David as his opener in future concert tours! WooHoo!!WooHoo!!WooHoo!!

Yes, yes, YES! That would be a dream come true! And I'm sure if JBJ just watches a little of David performing live he'll see what we all see, what magic David brings to the stage. Fingers Crossed!!!

Wish I could afford to go, especially since I haven't been to Vegas in YEARS and I love it there.

Just something I heard a while back - can't remember where exactly - but JBJ knows all about David and wanted him to open for their last tour, but it couldn't be worked out for some reason. This has been a dream concert for me for a long time! Now all I have to do is figure out where to get the money to see my dream concert! Crying non-stop I wonder how much the devil is paying for souls these days..... Twisted EvilRolling EyesLOL flag

Made wrote:
OMG! I'm sooooo happy for David!!! This is a WONDERFUL opportunity for him and the boys!

Excited2Excited2Excited2

Excited2WooHoo!!Excited2Yahoo!Excited2Yahoo!

This is totally awesome!! David opening for a superstar band like Bon Jovi. Now that is HUGE!!

But I am also seriously FREAKING THE EFF OUT because if what I'm reading on Twitter comes to fruition my other favorite singer/songwriter/awesome musician will also be in Vegas ON THAT SAME DAY!! Excited

*prays that they bump into each other in their hotel elevator/lobby/lounge/playing slots/playing blackjack (he also LOVES blackjack!) or something and there's a pic to prove it* Fingers Crossed!!!

ETA: Just double-checked. He will be arriving early on the 29th. He's actually in AZ on the 28th. Hm...they could still bump into each other coming/going...IT'S STILL THE WEEKEND THOUGH Very Happy

I'M JUST SO HAPPY FOR DAVID! I know I can't go to the concert but hope there are plenty of pics and vids to watch. DAVID SO DESERVES THIS!

Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2

DEBRA Joy dance

Guest Guest
For those in the LV listening area~Mornings 6a-10a, M-F on Mix 94.1 Las Vegas

@markandmercedes Mark and Mercedes
Tiger Jam 2012 is April 28th at Mandalay Bay Events Center starring Jon Bon Jovi and David Cook! We'll have tickets at 8:40a Thursday!

I'm guessing this is confirmed-just not on DCO yet~
PRESS RELEASE

Guest Guest

Yep, seems pretty confirmed by everyone but "the source" and his reps. Hopefully that will come soon!

Excited2

Guest Guest
Who is this other artist you want to meet up with Dave, Karen?

*totally clueless right now about who is going to be where when*

(Hey, it's tax season... keeping up with Dave is as much as my brain can handle from January through April.)

Guest Guest

Well, PRNewswire is also confirming the show and David's appearance!

SOURCE

WooHoo!!

@pn112 wrote:
Now all I have to do is figure out where to get the money to see my dream concert! Crying non-stop I wonder how much the devil is paying for souls these days..... Twisted EvilRolling EyesLOL flag

Memo to David and management:

Please confirm David's performance in Tiger Jam 2012 in Las Vegas. Your beloved fans need sufficient time for drastic measures in order to raise cash to attend said event: sell soul, pawn wedding rings, break piggy banks, redeem bonds, take a 2nd mortgage, apply for a bank loan, etc.

Hoping for your response and prompt action soon.

P.S. Requesting that "soon" be by Webster dictionary's definition. Heart

Your loyal fans.

Crazy

Well, if there are any tickets left...here's the presale info:

Pre-sale begins
February 29: 12PM EST (USA) // 5PM GMT (UK)
March 1: 2AM JST (Japan) // 4AM EST (Sydney, AU)

Pre-sale ends
March 3: 1AM EST (USA) // 6AM GMT (UK)
March 3: 3PM JST (Japan) // 5PM EST (Sydney, AU)

Pre-Sale Password: JBJNF

Guest Guest

Ana ROFLOL

God, I'd love to go but $170 for a single floor ticket...way in the back...? No way. I'll keep my sights on the Concert for Hope.

This is a one time thing for now right? I really would rather see him on his own in the future! I mean, the Bon Jovi thing is amazing and is a great opportunity for him but I enjoy seeing bands I like by themselves. Smile

This is friggen awesome. Seriously... If he and Jon and the boys hit it off good, he might be a shoe in for the opener on Bon Jovi's next tour. Happened for Daughtry Wink

Can I just say how proud this makes me? Just four years ago, he was my favorite little dork in a sweater vest and bad mohawk singing Livin' on a Prayer, and now he's opening for Bon Jovi??
Crying non-stop

Guest Guest

Mal, It's so exciting!! I've always wanted him to open for JBJ. Their music is in the same genre imo, and I think Bon Jovi fans might just like David Yahoo!

I agree. However, I think David is his own best marketing tool. I think that the BJ fans who come for Bon Jovi will see him and realize that he's a legit and incredible artist because he's a million times better live than he is on CDs.

Guest Guest
David is one of the few artists in recent years who needs no auto-tuning at all. It's amazing how good he sounds live.

I agree. However, I think David is his own best marketing tool. I think that the BJ fans who come for Bon Jovi will see him and realize that he's a legit and incredible artist because he's a million times better live than he is on CDs.

EXACTLY! Excited2

And Ana ROFLOL

@Analytics wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Now all I have to do is figure out where to get the money to see my dream concert! I wonder how much the devil is paying for souls these days..... Twisted EvilRolling Eyes

Memo to David and management:

Please confirm David's performance in Tiger Jam 2012 in Las Vegas. Your beloved fans need sufficient time for drastic measures in order to raise cash to attend said event: sell soul, pawn wedding rings, break piggy banks, redeem bonds, take a 2nd mortgage, apply for a bank loan, etc.

Hoping for your response and prompt action soon.

P.S. Requesting that "soon" be by Webster dictionary's definition.

Your loyal fans.

Ana, I DARE you to write that to David's management Razz

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR HIM TO BE OPENING FOR JBJ.....I HAVE LITERALLY DREAMED OF THIS HAPPENING!!! WHAT AN AWESOME OPPORTUNITY FOR HIM!!!

Mega Rock

Ana, I DARE you to write that to David's management Razz

LOL flag I would - except I don't want to get David into deep(er) trouble - as the request might push TPTB to think that David's hardcore fans are quite nutty. ROFLOL