• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

David to appear on American Idol Season 11 - May 10th

Guest Guest
@cjester27 wrote:

From Mix105.9 after his Orlando show

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirley's Exclusive today SOURCE

Quote :
Calling all David Cook fans! The season 7 winner will be appearing on the show this year, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. It will mark the Blue Springs, Missouri native's fourth year in a row returning to the stage that launched his rock career. Cook's performance is tentatively scheduled for May.

As for what Cook might play? Although his most recent album, This Loud Morning, has been out for less than a year, it could be a new song, says an insider. Indeed, Cook's tweets from the last few weeks have referenced a fair share of writing and music sessions and he's said to have several songs in the can.

Guest Guest
Jump
I'm thinking it will be the first week in May so he can promote RFH again. Also thinking maybe "We Believe" may be the song and money from that single to help the charity?

Guest Guest

This is great news! Yahoo! I was hoping he'd be on this year, but figured it was unlikely that they'd give him four years in a row - especially since he's not promoting a new album at the moment.

But hey, they recognize the best, don't they? Wink

I guess I'll have to watch an episode of Idol this year after all.

Excited2!

Whether if it's a new song or not, the simple thought of seeing him onstage makes me happy!

This so totally reminds me of last year when I went to Idol to see him perform TLG. Not kidding, I already join the waitlist for every May's Thursday. Let's see if luck smiles at me, Very Happy.

Guest Guest
Good Luck Aida! I agree-so glad he is appearing again this season!

Thanks so much for posting this. I was so hoping he would be on again. Can't wait to see him on my tv again.. I don't care what he sings. Just can't wait to see him there again!

Guest Guest

YEAY!!! More DC on Tv... new song... Excited

Guest Guest

YAY for David on our TVs!!!! JumpJumpJump

And Aida, this is awesome Smile :

@cooksgal wrote:

This so totally reminds me of last year when I went to Idol to see him perform TLG. Not kidding, I already join the waitlist for every May's Thursday. Let's see if luck smiles at me, Very Happy.

@redsoxmom wrote:

Someone there likes him a lot.

And well they should! Talented, good-looking, compassionate, articulate, intelligent.....frankly I think he's underused as an ambassador for the show.

I'm of course as excited as y'all but I have one concern.

If it's a new song and it's not on iTunes, Dave cannot sell anything... much like when Fade Into Me was used on SYTYCD before the album was released, unless they sell the performance video.

Guest Guest
@redsoxmom wrote:

Someone there likes him a lot.

And well they should! Talented, good-looking, compassionate, articulate, intelligent.....frankly I think he's underused as an ambassador for the show.

Totally agree! They are not as farsighted as we are, lol.

Someone on twitter suggested he would sing a song and put it on iTunes for charity... it wouldn't surprise me one bit Heart

Oh, Aida, I really hope you get to see him live on the Idol stage! Fingers Crossed!!!

I'm with Peggy - pretty much all I got out of it was that I really hope it's a NEW SONG! Yahoo!

A new song would be awesome but I'll take anything. It will be so cool to see him and the band rock the Idol stage once again!! WooHoo!!

Aida, I so hope you make it again! Please!

I'm just happy for anything that puts David back on the TV!

Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2

DEBRA

I don't care what he sings. I just want him back on the show so he can show the contestants and judges how it's done.

I was thinking that either it may be a new song that he has in the works or what someone said before, he could sing a song and have it on iTunes for charity since that is something that David would do Very Happy

but that he is going to be on Idol especially when he don't have anything to promote is just amazing!

Guest Guest

I brought this from the twitter thread as it's relevant to the topic Smile

@cjester27 wrote:
Quote :
@TheRealDevinB
Heading into the studio with @thedavidcook and @andyskib......Probably should stop for tacos first.

Made wrote:
I brought this from the twitter thread as it's relevant to the topic Smile

@cjester27 wrote:
Quote :
@TheRealDevinB
Heading into the studio with @thedavidcook and @andyskib......Probably should stop for tacos first.

Yay! I hope it's to finalize the new song David might sing in AI in May... bounce

Jump woooowww! this is amazing *O* Can't wait to see it
hope is a new song!
new song new song new song new song! Please!

This is exciting news!! I really hope we get to hear the new song on Idol, but even if we don't, NEW MUSIC IN THE MAKING!! AND DC ON TV!! Eeeep!!!!

The WaveYahoo!The Wave

Guest Guest

What I'm liking the most is all the different events he'll be participating in. Nice exposure there Wink

Made wrote:
What I'm liking the most is all the different events he'll be participating in. Nice exposure there Wink

Shocked What?? David exposed??? LOL flag

Seriously, I have to agree with you Made. It's about time he was promoted. Guess the new(ish) marketing agreement is kicking in gear. YAY!!!

Guest Guest
LOL flag Peg! Nice double entendre there!

Yep, new management seems to be doing Great

ETA: And Idol and Simon Fuller love David. I remember when Simon Cowell said he was one of the nicest most sincere contestant they've had. IMO, Simon F. thinks the same, so that's a great advantage for David. Another thing is that David never bit the hand that feeds him. He always acknowledge that Idol was his launching platform and that he's proud of being a part of the Idol family.

IMO David is the only AI winner that "truly" fits the concept of what it means to be an American Idol. DC Cheerleader

DEBRA

So very happy to realize AI and Simon Fuller still hold David in high esteem despite the very modest success of TLM.

I do hope, though, that David sings a new song that reflects his purportedly newly acquired standard - more melody and less Wall of Guitars sound. Given the less than enthusiastic reception of TLM by casual fans, I'm not too sure performing a song from TLM would be a smart marketing move.

But singing a hopefully radio-friendly new song to millions of AI fans would be a great opportunity to re-catch the attention of casual fans, jump starting the marketing of his next single, and potentially boding well for his next album. Jump

I wonder if Daughtry had a nice boost in sales after last night. Outta My Head is definitely rock, but it's also catchy. Maybe that's just me since I like rock, but I would like to know if rock music is still up AI viewers' alley.

yeah! I was wondering if he would be making an appearance this season.

I throughly enjoyed Daughtry's performance last night, their new album is in heavy rotation on my ipod right now.

i LOVED Daughtry's new song last night. I can't wait to hear more of the new album.

Question. Didn't Simon Fuller leave Idol a couple of years ago?

I also really loved Daughtry's "Outta My head" single last night. It has a pleasant melody, and an exciting rock rhythm.

I wonder who wrote that song. I wish David and/or a co-writer would come up with something like that. I bet David would sound even better than Daughtry if he ever sang that song. Very Happy

Guest Guest

I'm still iffy with Daughtry scratch I like his rock sound but not a big fan of his voice. Don't know what's wrong with me, lol. I also wonder what was, if any, the repercussion of his Idol appearance.

I do hope David sings a new song, too. I have absolute faith in Cook/Skib colabs, so here's to hoping a big hit Smile

If you haven't heard Daughtry's new album - GET IT NOW! LOL flag IMO, it's his best vocal work to date. I thought Chris looked nervous - I think it's that old "I'm on the Idol stage being judged" thing that seems to happen to a lot of the former contestants. I know David has commented on that. I wonder if they feel any different now that Simon is no longer there. I have to wonder if Steven Tyler is intimidating to the rock artists

Pardon my rambling.... Hijacked

We now return you to our regular progamming....

Made, I'm with you on that I enjoy Chris's music, but his voice just doesn't have anything special in it to me. I remember I barely watched the season of Idol he was on, but I had heard about this rocker that might go all the way, and tuned in. I was surprised at how blah his voice seemed to me. That said, I think he makes good music and while David is my favorite of all time because he has everything - voice that is out of this world, great songwriting, beautiful lyrics, and uses that voice to convey emotion amazingly, etc... not every artist I enjoy listening to can be a 10 out of 10 in all categories like David. But I still enjoy listening to them a lot.

ETA: Going to buy the new album now, lol.

y'all should get Daughtry's new album it's amazing Very Happy I enjoyed them on idol haha i was dancing while i was watching Razz

I can't wait to see David on there Very Happy

Guest Guest

ITA with you , Peg. There's something about being on the Idol stage that intimidates even the most experienced alumni! David has said so and his performances have seemed somewhat tense. It just gives you an idea of how hard it must be to "test" your skilled in front of the judges and millions of viewers!

I hope this time around he can loosen up and be the great live performer he is Smile

I enjoy Daughtry's Break The Spell, but I have to say I love his songs more than I love his voice. Possibly because Dave's voice is #1 and no one can compare Wink

Outta My Head is a very likeable tune. I enjoy listening to it on the album. But I like Crawling Back to You much more than it.

*wait, we're losing focus* Can it be May like...NOW?

Guest Guest
LOL flag Aida -Of course an Idol appearance is always exciting Jump

Hijacked I'm looking forward to Orlando in 13 days but who's counting! LOL Face

I don't want to make this thread about Daughtry but I have to say that I loved Chris on Idol. I really liked his first album but didn't even buy the second album. I didn't like the songs that much for some reason. After the recommendation from here, I went to ITunes and previewed the first three songs only before I purchased the album. I'm listening to it now and loving it so far. These are the type of songs I expected from Chris after Idol to be honest. So thanks!

And I agree that nobody is better than David. I can't wait for his AI performance!!! WooHoo!!

edit: After listening to the entire record, I just wanted to add that the overall vibe isn't that different than Daughtry's previous albums but the songs are better IMO and vocally he challenged himself and sounds great.

HeeJun and Elise! Lol, I know, I know... I just need some distractions to keep me from jumping up and down with that premiere news.

Oh, what the hell, I'm 12 anyway. *jumps up and down*

SO excited!

although i disagree with the people he likes on idol this year lol

I'm glad he likes Elise (obviously they're both rockers). Great

I would have been disappointed if he'd said Colton. Razz