"Night of Hope" benefit concert
The State Theater
Falls Church, VA
May 5, 2012

David Cook

Genre: Rock
Doors: 6:30 PM
Showtime: 7:30 PM
Tickets: Tickets are not currently available for sale.

Please join us for the Night of Hope Benefit , a cocktail style reception featuring a moving program and intimate storyteller’s style acoustic performance by platinum selling musician David Cook. The Night of Hope will celebrate the brain tumor community, with proceeds benefiting the Race for Hope - DC, and honor Children’s National Medical Center’s Heroes for Hope.

We are thrilled to be able to include this rare acoustic performance by David Cook. In honor of his brother’s courageous battle against the disease, David has been a staunch supporter of the Race for Hope - DC since 2009. Now in its fifteenth year, the Race for Hope - DC is one of the country’s largest fundraisers for the brain tumor community and benefits two nonprofit organizations, Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure and National Brain Tumor Society.

Ticket Levels
Night of Hope Main Floor - $100 Ticket Includes: Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and one (1) drink ticket. Also allows access to standing room only VIP section in front of the stage for the David Cook performance. Full bar and menu also available for purchase.
Night of Hope Balcony - $50 Ticket Includes: Theatre style seats in the upper balcony of the theatre. No food or beverage included in ticket price, but access to full menu and cash bar.

Attire: Cocktail

All ticket proceeds benefit the Race for Hope- DC.
Stay tuned to the Auction for Hope 2012 for Meet & Greet opportunities with David Cook and other David Cook autographed items!

Guest Guest

Wow, that's awesome. Hope all the venue is sold out Smile

Oh wow! That's where i'm gonna be in the balcony Very Happy

I hope the whole place is sold out that would be awesome!!!

Guest Guest
According to Deana, the balcony is not sold out yet. There was apparently a temporary glitch in the system which was saying the balcony was sold out when it wasn't,. It's been fixed now.

Hopefully the entire place sells out before the Race weekend. *fingers crossed*

I hope the public sale is successful!

Guest Guest

Great news, Jamie! Now, get cracking Run

LOL Face

Guest Guest
Got my ticket in the mail the other day!!! Now to just buy my plane tickets!

I'm not going but will be there in spirit. Great

DEBRA

Guest Guest
26 MORE DAYS!!!!!

*just sayin'*

Guest Guest
AHHHH I guess I should start thinking about digging through my closet to find something to wear.

Guest Guest
I know!! I need to do the same thing. Dig them out, do laundry, start packing my makeup and other supplies...don't want to pack too early tho.

Guest Guest
I don't think I own any makeup that wouldn't be considered an antique lol. Except maybe a lipstick or two.

Guest Guest
Usually I don't wear it, except when going out on the town.

Man.... I gotta start a list of things to bring so I'm not running around last minute, lol.

Guest Guest
If I know me, I'll still be packing/figuring out what I'm taking on Wednesday of that week. (I'm leaving Wednesday evening, driving to Eve's to spend the night there, as our flight leaves early Thursday and she's closer to the airport.)

My birthday is next Tuesday, and my sweet hubby is going to buy me a new outfit for the concert. So that's one thing I won't have to worry about, because I had no clue what I was wearing. Now I just need to go and find something I like.

After hearing the Orlando acoustic show on the ustream, I am so excited for this concert. I can't wait!

I still have no clue what I'll wear, other than whatever new hairdo I get the Monday before the show lol. I'm SO excited for the show! Excited And to see so many wonderful Word Nerds! Excited And for the Race! Excited

Guest Guest
20 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Excited

I am so ready for this!

I have a dress for this now. Very Happy

@Jul wrote:
I have a dress for this now. Very Happy

Gonna tell us about it? Please? Very Happy

It's got a v-neck.... it's black/blue/white. Smile

Guest Guest
Sounds nice, Jul. My husband is going to take me shopping to buy my dress and shoes sometime this week. That's my birthday present from him.

I have something but it is strapless. I don't know how appropriate it will be for this event. But it's pretty dressed up. What do your dresses look like?

Guest Guest
If it's going to be really hot for Race weekend, I have a dress I can wear. It's not fancy but it will do, and it's comfortable. I was checking out the venue info. They say it's a 15/20 minute walk from the metro stop to the concert. If we are all dressed up it may be better to take a 3 minute taxi ride than that walk if it's a zillion degrees.

Guest Guest
We can always walk back to the metro after the concert. It won't matter at that point if we are a sweaty mess lol.

Which of course, we will be. I always look like hell after a concert.

I was actually wondering just how we'd all get to the State Theater. Taxi sounds like a good idea.

Oh, and I'm sure I've got a black dress somewhere in my closet that I can whip out for the occassion. Although I haven't tried anything on lately.... Suspect

Guest Guest
I have a couple of options now....

Black skirt/black top/black knee high shinny boots

b/w skirt/black top/black knee high shinny boots

red dress/black and red flats/scarf b/w

decisions ...... decisions......

Guest Guest
Tricia, You might want to go with the red flats. It's been pretty hot the last couple of years in DC on race weekend.

I'm wearing a short, one- shoulder, red dress with gold, strappy heels. My mom and sister are wearing dresses and heels as well. I never get an excuse to dress up so I'm taking full advantage Smile

justforme wrote:
Tricia, You might want to go with the red flats. It's been pretty hot the last couple of years in DC on race weekend.

Yes! We have been baking here the past couple of days, as have many. I know it will cool down some, but there has been a major warming trend all year. People are dressed for spring if not summer!

Guest Guest

Simple and pretty little black dress purchased! Now I just need to find shoes, and I'll be all set. Great

That sounds perfect, Jeannie! I'm wearing an LBD too. Mine is vintage (embellished way of saying "now new" ), but just right for me.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful, tax-free holiday one!

Guest Guest
Thanks, Chrissie! It was a very nice one.

Guest Guest
Well.....looks like it's one of these options

Black skirt/black top/black knee high shinny boots

b/w skirt/black top/black knee high shinny boots

I'm bringing flats too, so we shall see

Guest Guest
HOLY CRAP!!! 15 MORE DAYS!!!!!

Well, a little black dress is one of my options. But I'm really a color kind of gal. I may as surprised as anyone else as to what color my dress, and my hair!, are for this show. Laughing

Guest Guest
LOL flag Stacy! I keep trying to choose an outfit with color. But I keep going back to black.

Guest Guest
LOL, well I like black and wear it a lot. But I also don't wear dresses often, and it's been awhile since I bought a new dress. A simple black dress that can be dressed up or down is generally useful, so this way I can use it for other things as well. It's sleeveless, so if it's chilly that night I may throw a more colorful sweater over top.

Two more weeks WooHoo!!

And I still have no idea what I'm going to wear but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a dress, I never wear dresses and I don't think I'll buy one that I probably wear just once.

Well, a little black dress is one of my options. But I'm really a color kind of gal. I may as surprised as anyone else as to what color my dress, and my hair!, are for this show. Laughing

I love to wear color as well, but this black dress will be very nice and when I have a chance to wear it where other people have not seen me wear it... I'm on it Very Happy !I am carrying a clutch that packs a pop of color, though. It is the evening of Cinco de Mayo!

oh my! seeing the post about weather being hot this year, think I'll have to go with another option! and also told myself wasn't gonna wear a dress (I'm not a dress girl at all). so I bought a sleeveless but still dressy orange top with long beige capris. hmmm think I'm gonna try to find something else. seems like EVERYONE will b wearing a dress (well the ladies, that is) *sigh* and I still have no clue what shoes to buy. ugh

Stephora
Loud tour '11: 02/12;09/12
NOH 2012: 05/05
RFH 2012: 06/05

Guest Guest
I'm not wearing a dress-not a dress person so will go with pants & a dressy top like last year.

Guest Guest

Two weeks from today... Excited2

Guest Guest
And suddenly I feel like there is not enough time to get ready lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.