Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Gregorian Concert Last Night!!

For the past few months I have totally anticipated last night. The reason, one of the singers in this group is friends with me on Facebook. He gave us the ultimate Christmas present, that being tickets to the show, which happened last night. The show was, to say the least really awesome.

How did this come about? Here's the story. I have been a Gregorian fan since around 2002 when one of my friends introduced me to their music. She had bought a CD and played it for me. Needless to say, after hearing their version of Bridge Over Troubled Water once, I was hooked. Soon after that I found a forum of other fans who loved their music as much as I did. I got to know a lady in the States who would later become friends with various members of the group.

When the forum changed hands, I quit, but stayed in touch with the other members of the original forum. At any rate, back in December I was exchanging PMs with this girl and she asked me if I was going to the concert. I said, I can't because Sven was laid off back in April and I couldn't, in good conscience, give out money for concert tickets when I didn't know what tomorrow would bring. She then asked which venue was closest to us, and I said, Frankfurt. The following day, she posted a message to me saying 'you are going to the concert on the 15th of February as a guest of the group.' I was like huh???

She then told me that she had told one of the singers about our situation and he put us on the list of ticket recipients. So, last night, we went to the hall and picked up the tickets. The seats themselves were not that great, but I was just happy to be there. I was ready to hurl the people behind us out the nearest window, though. They spent most of the concert talking to each other (loudly) that it was distracting me from really enjoying the music. Why is it that people with absolutely no etiquette go to concerts? If they want to sit around blabbing, why don't they go play bingo or something, not go to a music concert? I finally turned around and shot the woman a glare and commented to my husband about how rude it was that people do that. If they were in front of them, I'd have kicked the back of their chair. Ugh.

Afterwards we got a chance to meet several of the singers, and I got to thank my facebook friend by giving him a teddy bear and a box of chocolates. I told him, you can share the wrapped item with the others, and he grinned at me and said 'I might share'. It was totally a wonderful evening, even though the rude people behind us needed to be gagged.

sounds like you had a fab night hun...and I agree, people like that annoy me as well, I would of had to say something to them lol