Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

New Song

I wrote a song and I'm trying to get it recorded before my dad dies--he's almost 88. It's unlike anything else I've written--it's a waltz in old time fiddle music style. A phone number for a fiddler "just happened" to appear in my mailbox one day (she's not in the phone book) , she loves the song and has almost learned it. The song is especailly meaningful to my dad because he was a guitar accompanist for old-time fiddle players for decades. I'm calling it "Daddy's Girl Waltz" because it's about a father's love for his daughter. I've hit a snag with the sound engineer. Please pray for God's annointing to rest on this song and for great favor with everyone who can help me get it on a CD.

WOW Deborah!!! How awesome is that??? Continue to move forward, regardless of the obstacles. I believe God gave you this song so because he did, he will make sure that your dad hears it and is blessed by it.

Praying for you...

Just a little update--the recording engineer thinks I can start recording my song in about two weeks! Just today I decided I was going to start fasting until I got an answer and then the answer came! woo hoo

Praise the Lord!!! There isn't a lot we have to do when it comes to God. He's just on his own timetable...LOL!

I rejoice with you!!!!

I had a big party here at my house yesterday for my dad's birthday. The violinist played the song for my dad and he LOVED it. I accompanied on the piano, my brother played the guitar. I still don't have the song recorded, but I'm wondering if the delay might have to do with getting my brother on board. He did such a wonderful job with the song, and he added another dimension to it. I asked him yesterday if he would be on the recording if time/schedules permit and he said he would. So I'm still waiting on the sound engineer. The violinist leaves the end of this month for several months. I'm trying to be patient here, but it's hard......

Hi Deborah, wow this is sooo encouraging to me as I am in the middle of making a small video and recording my own song about the father's love, I am dedicating it to my own father and He is really going to be blessed by I think. God is really doing restorative things between daughters and fathers I believe and it is wonderful to know that He is doing great things in your life. Nice to see some singer/song writers on here. Perhaps there should be a forum/topic for Christian artists on here?

Blessings flower

Nice to meet you, Little One. I wish and pray for God's anointing to rest on your song and that your composition will strengthen your relationship with your father. I do believe Christian artists could benefit from supporting one another because discouragement and delay can abort the birthing of songs.
My sound engineer's father died, leaving him with a legal mess to sort out, and then his regular job suddenly got very busy so that's the reason for the delay, but the engineer says he'll really try to get it recorded this week before the violinist leaves. I continue to hope....
Keep on with your music! dreamster

thanks Deborah! I pray against your project from being aborted in Jesus name! Blessings to you and I know that this must be really important to you, timing is important so I pray it all comes together in His time!

Blessings whistle

Thank you so much, it means so much to me that you're praying for me and this song.

The sound engineer said he'd record the song the Lord gave me next week then next week and then kept backing out. The violinist moved away to a warmer climate for a few months. I'm considering buying my own digital equipment, but feelin' a little intimidated. If I had my own equipment then I could get songs on a CD myself...Oh the frustration, but this song is the Lord's, not mine, so I continue to hope....meanwhile parts of new songs continue to visit me in the day and night.

I have just finished the trial of my little film and have shown it to some people who have given some positive feedback........I am going to redo the song track and also touch up some of the footage to make it just right lol.........but at least I have a finished product if the other people don't come to the party........sometimes a job is better done by yourself however, a great job can be achieved with a corporate effort, so do not give up hope, maybe God is perfecting something in you and in the song, which can take time.......still I would invest in your own equipment too if you are wanting to do your own editing........you will learn alot if nothing else about what recording studios require from you if you do some editing yourself........

let me know how you are going........