Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jul

The Twitter talk thread! - Part 15!

@cooksgal wrote:
Wasnt an interview during TLM promo, that was divided by 3 parts and he spoke about his parents musical influences? Not sure, but might be.

I think that was it.

I have no life. LOL.
Well he said, that he finds a sense of melody on country and also a sorta of influence on what he does, but we can't expect a (lap steeler fiddle?) not sure if he said that.

Guest Guest
justforme wrote:
I'm pretty sure that David will make whatever type of music he wants to make. I'm also pretty sure that I would buy almost any music that he released. I reserve the right to pass on a cover of "Baby Lock Them Doors" LOL flag

ROFLOL OMG, NO.

As long as David and this other guy write a great song, I don't care what genre it is. OK, I wouldn't like it if he went 100% Country but a song here and there, meh. As long as they are good songs, and he is happy I'm good. I just want to get a Barbasol, or Mr Sensitive, or Daily Anthem or Good Lord, I could go on all day. lol

Well, if Josh Kelley is writing country, he may wanna check whether he is with the right David Cook - the one who is country and who plays in Taylor Swift's band (I think).

But if Josh is to be directed to don his country hat in writing with our David Cook, I think that might not be too bad.

David's voice could sound country/rock. I'd love to have David cover Carrie's Before He Cheats - with the "he" changed to "she". I bet he would really rock that! Very Happy

Guest Guest

David never tweeted that he was "singing" with Josh....he tweeted that he was "writing" with Josh.

David wrote with another artist (can't remember his name) and that artist made it his first single.

Just because David is writing with a country artist does not mean he is going to the country side to sing..... *just my opinion* Smile

Well, I don't think writing with someone who is currently country but wasn't always so is any indication David is going country. Didn't he tweet about a writing session with a country guy during the TLM long songwriting period? And TLM is so not country. That said, if he does do a country album... Well maybe I will just skip that one and have to wait a bit longer for the next David album I buy. I'll live. Lol. He'll make the music it feels right to him to make at the time and I respect that. I would be sad for me not to have new David music I can listen to, but hold out hope he Comes Back to Me... as in, Back to Rock. Laughing

Guest Guest

Thank you for finding that, Aida. LOL Face I was beginning to think I had dreamed it, since so many people didn't remember it.

I think his explanation of the influence of country on him makes sense, as it does come through in some of his music (like Lie) but it's just one of many influences, and I expect that will continue along the same lines.

Jeannie, why on earth are you up at 4:43am on a Saturday?!

Guest Guest

Because I had to be at work by 6:30. Until next Tuesday at 2:00 pm (when we close the office and go out,) we've been on tax season hours since January 2nd. That means working six days a week, and averaging 60-65 hours a week. I can't stand working late, so I've been going in between 6 and 6:30. That way I can get out by 6 pm on weekdays, and somewhere between noon and one on Saturdays.

Now after Tuesday, I get 6 weeks paid time off to use before December, and I only work 37.5 hours a week. So life gets much better then. Because of the 15th falling on a weekend, and because of the holiday in DC on Monday, it got extended to the 17th this year. The 17th is my birthday, so I get the present of having a life back on my birthday this year. Great

Jeannie, one of the attorneys in our office is also a CPA. He is a nightmare to work for between January and April! This year he decided he was going to cut back on some of the tax work. Best thing he ever did.

Guest Guest
Wise man. It's killer this time of year. Our partners have been having their annual meltdowns over the last couple of weeks. My primary boss had his last week, and I was ready to kill him. In turn, I was a miserable bitch last week, at work and at home. Fortunately, he melted down early, we got all his clients either done or extended, and he's very laid back and mellow now. Of course, the other four partners waited until this week to have their meltdowns, but as I do much less work for them, it wasn't that bad.

Monday and Tuesday should be fine, because at that point everyone is done and out or extended. And the partners will give us our bonuses Tuesday, then take us out and pick up the tab, so it will all be forgiven. Or mostly, anyway.

Just dropping an opinion on David writing with a country writer.

Not a huge fan of Kelly Clarkson, but she is a good example. Not only does she write with country writes but her management is Starstruck Entertainment based out of Nashville. The owner is Reba McEntire's husband.

She is far from country on the radio but has definite influences. Cool

Jeannie wrote:
Because I had to be at work by 6:30. Until next Tuesday at 2:00 pm (when we close the office and go out,) we've been on tax season hours since January 2nd. That means working six days a week, and averaging 60-65 hours a week. I can't stand working late, so I've been going in between 6 and 6:30. That way I can get out by 6 pm on weekdays, and somewhere between noon and one on Saturdays.

Now after Tuesday, I get 6 weeks paid time off to use before December, and I only work 37.5 hours a week. So life gets much better then. Because of the 15th falling on a weekend, and because of the holiday in DC on Monday, it got extended to the 17th this year. The 17th is my birthday, so I get the present of having a life back on my birthday this year. Great

That will be a great bday present! WooHoo!!

Guest Guest

Thanks, I am sooooo looking forward to it. And to my RFH weekend/vacation. I need that so much right now. Excited

Guest Guest

Don't feel bad... mine aren't finished yet. I was working on them this morning at work, and realized I hadn't brought a 1099 form I got in with me, so I couldn't finish. *snickers at self* There is nothing we accountants hate more than people who don't bring all their information in with them, meaning we have to wait to finish their returns. Then I turn around and do it myself.

Jeannie the taxpayer -> Kicking

lol, Jeannie!

I'd better do mine tomorrow. Or tonight, after watching "Too Cute" on Animal Planet, lol.

Quote :
@thedavidcook
While people-watching, I noticed someone people-watching. I felt like I was in Inception.

Suspect

@cjester27 wrote:
Quote :
@thedavidcook
While people-watching, I noticed someone people-watching. I felt like I was in Inception.

Suspect

ROFLOL That is awesome.

Comments like that remind me of why I'm so crazy about him. Not that I really need reminding.

Me too. Anyone else says it and it is ok, but he says it and it is Awww Love

why???

Guest Guest
I adore quirky David. I did my taxes yesterday. I ended up owing around $1,000 between state and federal.

Well, I don't think writing with someone who is currently country but wasn't always so is any indication David is going country. Didn't he tweet about a writing session with a country guy during the TLM long songwriting period? And TLM is so not country. That said, if he does do a country album... Well maybe I will just skip that one and have to wait a bit longer for the next David album I buy. I'll live. Lol. He'll make the music it feels right to him to make at the time and I respect that. I would be sad for me not to have new David music I can listen to, but hold out hope he Comes Back to Me... as in, Back to Rock. Laughing

I agree about TLM not being country, BUT... I hear a country influence on Fade Into Me and did the first time I heard it! It is quite similar in vein to Lie, which many acknowledge as country-tilting. Perhaps it's that "sense of melody" he cited. When I first saw the FIM video, I again felt a country vibe. I like it. It's amazing how that video had a million views in less than one week, but did not go anywhere on AC/HAC/pop radio (or whatever format it was released to). I can't help but wonder that if it had been released and promoted as country if it would have done well. The country market seems more accepting and supportive of Idols. And Stacy, I know you have enjoyed FIM .

And I don't believe that you would maybe skip the next album for anything .

Comments like that remind me of why I'm so crazy about him. Not that I really need reminding.

That mind of his is always active .

^I think it'd actually be a really smart move if he decided to go country, like you said country artists seem to be promoted more and more. Also, a lot of pop/rock artists have made the crossover and became successful, Michelle Branch was in a country group and she did well with it. I didn't say that David might be doing country to start some debate about if he should/is or not haha, I was just saying that it could be a possibility.

Guest Guest

Chrissie, I agree that FIM might have crossed over well. I can hear some country influence in "This is Not the Last Time" as well. And as he said, he grew up listening to country via his mother, so that influence popping up isn't really surprising.

I'm not worrying... this is WTF Dave we're talking about. If he has a song that crosses over, it can only help him win new fans. And that would be a good thing. But I highly doubt we'll ever get a "hardcore country" song from him. That rock influence his dad instilled is always going to be there as well. Wink

And you know, he is a singer/songwriter. We don't even know if this song he was writing with Josh Kelley was a song for him. He may very well have been writing with Josh on a song for someone else.

There are so many possibilities, and as usual, we have nothing but breadcrumbs he drops to speculate on. Wink

I'm not worried about the country thing either. After all this is a guy who takes incredibly POP songs and turns them into Rock songs! And just because the other guy is country now doesn't mean the song the two of them are writing is a Country song either. It's just a song, that if it is for David, will have his voice and his (David's) MAGIC touch to it. Smile

ITA, Viv. This is just one song. David's musical instincts are rock, as evidenced by his covers. I think David will more and more get into the songwriting end of the business; writing for other artists. That will create a steady income for him and let him expand his musical horizons without compromising who he is. He's so smart, and he's so in-tune with who he is and what he can do. And he seems very dedicated to staying true to himself. Just my opinion. I can't wait to see what new surprises he has in store for us! Popcorn

I had a bit of discussion about Dave going country with a fellow fan even before that tweet.

One example: Makeover.

The twangs on the bridge is country-ish, IMO. And I'm SO NOT complaining if he's going that direction. Makeover is a gem and is my favorite Smile

This tweet is from Saturday, but I didn't see it posted here. It is rather weird and funny. He's such a goober! Awww Love

Quote :
@thedavidcook

??? So weird, it's kinda funny. But more weird than funny. http://pic.twitter.com/rOmS5ROa

@thedavidcook: Woke up and downloaded the new @OurLadyPeace album, "Curve". Great way to start the day! Fantastic record.

@Piper wrote:
@thedavidcook: Woke up and downloaded the new @OurLadyPeace album, "Curve". Great way to start the day! Fantastic record.

From Jeremy Taggert [drummer for OLP]:
Quote :
@Taggart7
"@cjester27: @Taggart7 Apparently, @thedavidcook liked your new album :-D" That's very nice of him! Ill have to thank him!

Awww Love

Score, Sarah!!! Smile

Have checked Curve, and what a good record! Favorites have been Fire in the Henhouse, If This Is It and Allowance.

Also Jason Mraz. And got all excited by The Avengers soundtrack, even I can't get to listen the preview. Why DCTA couldn't be on it? Very Sad

Guest Guest
Quote :
David Cook ‏ @thedavidcook
"Underground" by @BenFolds Five. Listening to it. Wish I could play piano well enough to cover this. Go listen to it. You're welcome, ears.

Guest Guest
MBenz01
@richardmarx Richard, why dont u get together with @thedavidcook to write a gorgeous song like u and him can write? I know it would be magic

richardmarx
@MBenz01 @thedavidcook I'm in if he's in.

thedavidcook
@richardmarx In.

Richard Marx is a really good songwriter. I think David can appreciate the sentiments expressed in "Don't Mean Nothin'".

Sounds like a good pairing.

Guest Guest
I would so geek out if David and Richard wrote or performed together!

ShookByCook wrote:
MBenz01
@richardmarx Richard, why dont u get together with @thedavidcook to write a gorgeous song like u and him can write? I know it would be magic

richardmarx
@MBenz01 @thedavidcook I'm in if he's in.

thedavidcook
@richardmarx In.

This will amazing! i love how the entire twitter went crazzyy!! haha.

Richard's latest tweet to David..

Quote :
@richardmarx @thedavidcook Shit, dude...now we HAVE to do this.

cheers

@Piper wrote:
Richard's latest tweet to David..
Quote :
@richardmarx @thedavidcook Shit, dude...now we HAVE to do this.

cheers

Jump

Guest Guest

That's awesome! I bet MBenz01 is freaking out the most. Very Happy

I'll worship her if this gets real AND will make thru on an upcoming record.

Ok, now...but shouldn't a momentous decision such as this be discussed over the phone or something..better yet in person-- over dinner, perhaps.. Whoa!!!

Guest Guest
kcbban wrote:
That's awesome! I bet MBenz01 is freaking out the most. Very Happy

I bet she is!!! That collaboration would be really awesome!

Guest Guest
Quote :
@thedavidcook "Underground" by @BenFolds Five. Listening to it. Wish I could play piano well enough to cover this. Go listen to it. You're welcome, ears. 16 hours ago

I would love to see/listen to you play the piano on any song, David!

At first, when I read that exchange between David and Richard Marx, I thought "my 80s self [who was a HUUUUGE fan of RM] is fangirling with my present self over this" Jump

As for that cover suggestion....yeah, I think he could do this: