Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stantheman

2012 rideout (lakes 28th july)

ok peeps i think im gonna try and organise a rideout for next year its going to be somewhere central to all members probs yorkshire or the lakes any feedback is more than welcome thumbs

sorry chad but youre too far south ill bet theres someone to ride up with though and well have a real good time pintdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinkingdrinking

I don't mind traveling. But yorkshire is like 250 miles. And on the forum I have Kai. Or john only Essex. Just York so far. Not central of the country is it. Thought Dave was pretty central

I propose we make it proper central and have a ride out round the M25, how much fun would that be? Cool

This years meet at Nottingham wasn't too bad, apart from the censored n rain! It was about 130m for me, so distance was okay. And in fairness, couldn't fault the place, good find Dave thumbs

I'm more than happy to head back to Nottingham, given the wash out that occured, and have a chance to ride some of the roads. Obviously Yorks or the Lakes is a lot closer and again somewhere I've never ridden. For somewhere central I think you'd struggle to beat the water sport centre. Location, facilities and a guy who doesn't mind bikes thumbsthumbs Damn near perfect

yes Stan I am happy for someone else to sort it thumbs and will travel moped , who ever organises it can only organise it round the area where you live , so anyone that says its to far can always organise it round there area next time thumbs will be great for someone else to sort it , but we always have this years to fall back on if it goes tits up being as we didnt do the ride thumbs

So go for it Stan party

Ps. and 2012 can be our rideout no need to do a joint one no1

As long as its not over the weekend of july 22 2012 as me and the mrs are celebrating our 10th wedding annivesary and everyone will be invited to the party its gonna be held in wendsbury party distance dont bother me thats why we have bikes to ride them thumbsthumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
As long as its not over the weekend of july 22 2012 as me and the mrs are celebrating our 10th wedding annivesary and everyone will be invited to the party its gonna be held in wendsbury party distance dont bother me thats why we have bikes to ride them thumbsthumbsthumbs

Yeh, what time is that starting and is there a map. foflfoflpartypartypintpintbananabananafoflfofldrinkingdrinking

@Gazman wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Yeh, what time is that starting and is there a map. foflfoflpartypartypintpintbananabananafoflfofldrinkingdrinking

blarblarblarfoflfoflfofl yea there will be thumbs

Earlier in the year did a trip round Scotland.400 mile from home to first b&b then 250+ daily for 3 days round the highlands then a 400 mile trip back home.
So a 250 mile trip shouldn't be no problem for anyone hide

central would be smack bang in the middle of the UK!! I think we need to find the best biking roads in britain that arnt spoilt with speed camera's and cops and work from that!

ok peeps i think im gonna try and organise a rideout for next year its going to be somewhere central to all members probs yorkshire or the lakes any feedback is more than welcome thumbs

keep me informed stan , m8

I'm up for it Stan if it's not a work weekend thumbs
"If you build it They will come"
Chad ya poof stop wingeing and get ya ass to the party Very Happy

im looking forward to this already Smile chad you can still do motorway speeds on a restricted b6 thumbs

Where in yorkshire stan wana look at distance me and Kai wana plan costs etc to....:.........

Save up for fuel party

Where in yorkshire stan wana look at distance me and Kai wana plan costs etc to....:.........

Save up for fuel party

you'll drive past mine chad, I'll jam my bike in 2nd gear and drive up with you foflfofl

Guest Guest

Chad, restricted shouldn't make any difference. I could get nearly a 100 out of the Bonnie when it was restricted and It was carrying a lot more weight than your bike Sad

You should be doing motorways, good practice for you.

Stan, me and hubby will be up for this. Distance no object!! lol

If its north yprkshore I doubt it thou. Nearly 300 miles ouch. Long way go in a evening after work. And bit far imo. But if you give me idea of where ill say lol. And wait till I get my next bike rich lol

Depends what dates you put forward stan im up for it.
can help you plan the routes as i no them roads pretty well. thumbsthumbs

This sounds like it's taking shape already Very HappyVery Happy Be nice to get some of the southerners up into some proper country rather than all that flat stuff they keep riding thumbsfoflfofl

If you need a hand let me know thumbs

yorkshire ride out could be good if it includes the twisties up by Buxworth, Macclesfield, Kettleshulme etc etc you know the real twisties ( cat & fiddle i suppose.. not as good as devil elbow and the alike!! )

The last trip to yorkshire i done with my mate, both of us 2 up we went this route ( well near enough, got the exact route on www.sgnetwork.co.uk under trip journal and archives ) and tbf, the b road before cat & fiddle was even better!!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=northampton&daddr=Yorkshire+Sculpture+Park+to:macclesfield+to:United+Kingdom+(Cat+%26+Fiddle,+o%2Fs+Cat+%26+Fiddle+PH+(Unmarked))+to:buxton+to:northampton&hl=en&sll=52.92202,-1.512975&sspn=1.907678,4.372559&geocode=FUoSHQMdkU7y_ylzokpuIwR3SDEJYujZ0JX0zQ%3BFQoRMgMdo_zn_yFjd5jCWQL3Hw%3BFSuyLAMdwobf_ykRZ2KTCDZ6SDGZjgefkmTiwQ%3BFWpwLAMdcHzh_yE3s93ZFCT06Q%3BFbeqLAMdPM_i_ymhfy3CFCR6SDG_tftRIZoHyg%3BFUoSHQMdkU7y_ylzokpuIwR3SDEJYujZ0JX0zQ&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Guest Guest

Yeah, but itsn't it Bandit country up there!! hide

nah, cant be.. they would bottom out with the pegs before getting round any of the corners hide

Rose wrote:

well get yourself a Bandit then! thumbs

Guest Guest
ITCHY wrote:
Rose wrote:

well get yourself a Bandit then! thumbs

Did I say Bandit, I meant to say Banjo!! fofl

have we got dates for this stan , m8 ,. as im away 1st week august with the northern lads,

thumbs need to get some routes and campsites sorted Smile if it is july well have to let folk know so they can get time off. thumbs yes chad

@dick65 wrote:
thumbs need to get some routes and campsites sorted Smile if it is july well have to let folk know so they can get time off. thumbs yes chad

Bum Sad

We got any post codes in that area. Wana meet you just but its just so far away. Guna cost like 100 quid just traveling

havent sorted anything yet lads cos its so far ahead but ill try and do something next week sorry

no probs stan,just a date at the mo so folk can put it in there diary thumbs

372 miles away, sorry guys maybe ill meet you in 2013 if world don't end, unless stue does a herefordshire ride again Wink

Or you guys come to a south ride weekend down the sunny coast lol.

stan,wifes just said what about mid july before schools break up its going to be quieter?
think stue cant do wkend of 22nd july scratch im happy with the 28th though