Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Concert - Pearl Harbor, Hawaii for USO July 4, 2012

Guest Guest
This show is closed except to military members and their sponsored guests... hopefully someone will get pictures and/or videos.

We didn't have a thread for it though, and I thought this picture deserved a spot in the forum. Wink

Guest Guest
I'm pretty sure I had a shirt that looked exactly like that in the mid 70s. It looks a lot better on him than it did on me.

Guest Guest
LOL, I think I had one too!

Guest Guest

lol, Barb!

The poster looks amazing! I also hope someone will get video or pics. I'm sure David must be stoked to play for the military over there Smile

Guest Guest
He has mentioned in several interviews that one of the best things he has been able to do since winning Idol is to go overseas and play for the troops. It must be a great feeling to be able to do a show for the men and women who serve in the military.

Guest Guest
I'm excited for him & the people there who will be so entertained I am sure by him & the band! I also hope we get video etc but I'm just happy he will be performing once again for our troops on such a special day in a historic place.

I love the fact that he's doing this and I have no doubt he is incredibly proud to do it!

I also love the thought that when people think "American Idol".....seems David is one of the first people that come to mind. Now I don't know if that is the case or not, but it seems that way to me. lol Represent!

Guest Guest

ITA, Lisa. It seems to me David is the most gracious AI winner there is. He has always represented himself and the brand as a true class act Heart

Seems like I have a one track mind. All I saw was "Games, Food, and Fun" and all I could think of was "oh great, now he will never grow up!" Razz

But yeah, joke aside, I think he will enjoy this show!

Guest Guest

That's probably the real reason he's going, Dinna. Games and fireworks. LOL Face Kidding, of course. Very Happy

LOL silly you. Have heard that there's someone from the fandom going. I expect Ustream!! :-D

@cooksgal wrote:
LOL silly you. Have heard that there's someone from the fandom going. I expect Ustream!! :-D

OMG! That would be AWESOME!

Guest Guest

While we are anticipating this show I found a couple of vids from previous years for fun- Looks like Plain White T's headlined at night last year. Also in 2010 a vid with the days activites & Michelle Branch during the day & fireworks at night~So I'm hoping with these big crowds we will get videos too!

Plain White T's July 4th 2011~

Guest Guest

Thanks, Barbs! Lots of people so I'm hoping will get video or photos Very Happy

Guest Guest
This thread will be our concert thread for the Hawaii show. We will leave it here in this forum for a few days, then move it to the concert forum.

Set List

Declaration
The Last Goodbye
Paper Heart
Mr. Sensitive
Heroes (w/Champagne Supernova)
From Here to Zero
I Did It for You
Circadian
The Last Song I'll Write for You
Come Back to Me
[band intros]
Rock 'n' Roll w/Whole Lotta Love
Bar-ba-sol
Light On
Fade Into Me
National Anthem (prior to start of fireworks)

Guest Guest
Here is the recording of the stream from the show Rose C's Concert Stream. Thank you, Rose!

Some tweets:

Quote :
@thedavidcook: What a night! Honored to play here at Pearl Harbor tonight for all of the men, women, & families at Joint Base. Thanks for having us!

@ForeverWitMusic: @thedavidcook You were AMAZING in Ft.Hickam!Sad I didn't get to meet u but ur amazing!!Btw I was the girl that waved at u after the show lol

@JennMariee12: David cook was really good! : ) I really enjoyed myself today. #happy4th

@irogersRules: BEST. CONCERT. EVER!!!! THANKS to @thedavidcook. The best forth. Of July EVER. #HELLYES

@abrielle926: Tonight was the best night here so far. Thank you thank you thank you @thedavidcook for being completely and utterly fantastic. #iloveyou

@TamaraBrown6: @thedavidcook you were AMAZING!!!! http://twitter.com/TamaraBrown6/status/220768223598092288/photo/1

@MadiRupp: David Cook http://instagr.am/p/MsJPuuRz-M/ ... Just posted a photo http://instagr.am/p/MsHe7Axz9o/

@TamaraBrown6: @thedavidcook us military peeps do it right. Loved hearin you live tonight. Thank you for singing for us military!!

Tamara Brown ‏@TamaraBrown6

@thedavidcook was absolutely amazing tonight. Thank you for singing for us tonight. Best Fourth of July ever since being in the military.

@makaylamclaney: watching @thedavidcook play, great 4th of july.(:

@_filipinoflash3: That David Cook from American Idol can sing,

@sumthing_dwight: Omg this drummer is sexy

Guest Guest
I'm just listening to the concert stream now, but from comments I've seen on DCO, David dedicated Heroes to "all of you out there" (the military), the first plugged in FHTZ sounds really cool, and David mentioned that he wanted to do Rock and Roll on Idol. And Nick really got to cut loose on the drums.

Please post any videos, pictures, recaps, etc. you may find here for us all.

Guest Guest

So nice to know the guys got "leid" in Hawaii...

guys_g10.jpg

More pictures from the Honolulu Pulse are HERE

@AmyK_37 @thedavidcook performing in Hawaii! i didn’t have to travel to see him in concert!‪#best4thofjulyconcert‬ ‪#frontrow‬

Thanks for the pics and ustream! Enjoyed both! Cheers

DEBRA

Loved the "plugged" FHTZ !!! COOL !!! You Rock!

I Thud!love plode with his performance of IDIFY !!! AMAZING !!!

The stream was all kinds of awesome last night. I absolutely loved FHTZ plugged in. Prefer it that way.

Sad he did not get to do R^R on Idol. If he had, well, I just can't imagine me being any more blown away by his performances but I have a feeling it would have killed me. lol. It almost did when I saw him do it in his shows. His performances were always amazing on the show, but R&R would have sent me into orbit. Smile

I got really emo last night seeing all the familiar screen names on line all at once. It was so nice to chat with everyone. It really was wonderful and it felt like it had been such a long time, even though in reality it hadn't been THAT long. Twas fun!

I love seeing all the wonderful words from those who were at the show last night. And what an awesome set list!

4th of July at Pearl Harbor. The perfect gig. Okay, now that he has that one under his belt I would love to see him do The Capitol Fourth in DC, where I was yesterday. "Heroes" would play fantastically. Every year it's the highest rated show on PBS.

Saw Phillip Phillips perform, along with Josh Turner, Kool and the Gang, Matthew Broderick, Amber Reilly from Glee (who as AMAZING), and Meagan Hilty from Smash, hosted by Tom Bergeron. It was great! But not Hawaii lol.

Guest Guest

Can't watch this at work, but I understand it is Paper Heart, TLSIWFY, and assorted banter... Video by abrielle9261

Thank you girls for posting the Ustream Totally Missed the Show Very Sad So thank you got to say this ustream made me feel like i was right there Awesome Video. SO GOOD TO HEAR HIS VOICE Beautiful . Loved FHTZ too Chris Great. Loved every thing , Can't say enough good words.

Nah….now he’s got to do the Macy’s 4th of July fireworks show on the Hudson. Network TV exposure! PBS….pffft. Razz

Nah….now he’s got to do the Macy’s 4th of July fireworks show on the Hudson. Network TV exposure! PBS….pffft. Razz

Great OMG dp.... Loved your idea.... He'll make me spend 4th July at NYC.... This will a "huge sacrifice" for me..... #NOT Yahoo!LOL flag

Hello all! *waves* Does anyone know what the little girl said to David when he stopped Fade Into Me?

That too!

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't been pegged for The Capitol Fourth yet. The National Park Service and the military love their Idols. It seems they always have one Idol (winner or high finalist) at every Memorial Day of 4th of July program on the Capitol lawn.

And yes, David is forever darling with children Angel Love . Especially blonde females LOL flag .

^^I just saw that on twitter and thought the same thing. Finally a reviewer who knows what she's talking about!

Guest Guest

That video banter was great-it's the Freebird story but also the little girl story which is too funny. He was saying she said "you're creepy" after he signed an 8 x 10 picture for her. Then said something like it's not the first time he has been called creepy by a girl or even the first time today LOL Face

Guest Guest
Nice review!

@vsteph1 wrote:
Review of last nights show. The writer is either a fan or seriously did their homework.

http://www.honolulupulse.com/reviews/review-cook-tantalizes-fans-at-hickam-show

Esme is a long-time fan, I think she's even on this board, no? I remember seeing her name on the AI board, I think. She's also a huge Andy/THH fan.

I had a feeling it was one of us. She knew too much. lol

ShookByCook wrote:
That video banter was great-it's the Freebird story but also the little girl story which is too funny. He was saying she said "you're creepy" after he signed an 8 x 10 picture for her. Then said something like it's not the first time he has been called creepy by a girl or even the first time today LOL Face

Lol!

I have been all kinds of busy with all kinds of relatives in town - from both sides of my family no less which makes thing a little awkward: "cousin Andreas, meet my cousin Darcy. She bears no relation to you whatsoever and you wil most likely never meet again or remember each other if you do. " But I have to split my time with you. Anyway, hugs all around and let's play croquet!

My week of family madness ends tomorrow night and i plan to go to sleep early and sleep in late. Smile THEN catch up on theuso and all stars stuff.Smile

@Spikedluv wrote:
Hello all! *waves* Does anyone know what the little girl said to David when he stopped Fade Into Me?

Hi! Hey Spike!!! Glad to see you here!! How've ya been?

To answer your question, the little girl wanted him to sign something, so David asked the security guard to help her over the barrier. I didn't see him do that in the stream, but knowing David like we do, I'm sure he signed what she had and she got to meet him.

Hey Peggy! I've been well, thank you! Missing seeing DC in concert, but keeping busy with my other boys. *g* (Though, as I mentioned in my journal, David was looking mighty fine at this concert! I think Nashville, and writing without the pressure of RCA, is good for him.)

I heard David say he'd sign something for her, but I wasn't sure if that's what she had said. I thought she maybe just said something that made him laugh and so he decided to sign something for her, lol!

Guest Guest

Since I'm at work, I can't watch this and it's not labeled as to what it is... but here is another video that just surfaced on twitter, by JasnDr:

I'm sure one of you will let me know what it is long before I get home and can actually watch it. Wink

I just clicked to see and it's the end of The Last Goodbye and then (supposedly) the entirety of Paper Heart, but I'm still listening so I can't confirm that one yet.

Guest Guest
Here is Declaration-TLG & PH-does not allow embedding-posted by akjackso-thanks! It says part 1 so hopefully more are being uploaded!

http://youtu.be/tYuAtXJLTzE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.