Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Ion Orchard show, Singapore 10/25/12 Videos, pictures, recaps

Guest Guest
The concert will start approximately 7:00 am EST. I found this link for a possible stream

This is the place to post videos, photos and recaps. I hope everyone going enjoys the show!!

David retweeted this...

Vanessa ‏@vantastic07
For whoever isn't at Ion and wants to watch @thedavidcook later: http://ustre.am/PZ0t

Links to all videos from the show can be found HERE

Guest Guest

Andy RT'd the link too. Cute that they seem to want us all to watch. Smile

Guest Guest

Dinna, Thank you! Hug That's awesome!! Awww Love

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Now off to search for anything that has surfaced... I've been at a seminar the past two days and missed everything.

Guest Guest
Set List:

Declaration
Come Back To Me
Paper Heart
Lie
From Here to Zero
Heroes (with Champagne Supernova)
Purple Rain (Prince cover)
The Last Song I'll Write For You
Fade Into Me - David walked the catwalk before singing this...
Always Be My Baby
Light On

Guest Guest

Purple Rain by hotandsexeh:

Guest Guest

More from hotandsexeh:

From Here to Zero and Heroes:

Guest Guest

Another from hotandsexeh:

Come Back to Me:

Guest Guest
From a blog by Rachel Ho

Quote :
Then came the finale, which was the act everyone was waiting for - it was time for David Cook to take the stage. It was his first public show in Singapore (though he played a private show the night before at a corporate party), and fans have been waiting many years for this moment. I had the opportunity to interview the 29 year old singer 2 days before the show, and I can tell that he is a very down-to-earth man who genuinely loves making music. Unlike a blonde female British singer whose gig I have recently been to (not naming any names here), he was sincere in his performance and even took the time to interact with his fans. He performed hits such as "Paper Heart", "Come Back To Me", "This Last Song I'll Write For You", "From Here To Zero", "Always Be My Baby" and "Light Up" during his hour-long set. I can see why he won American Idol - his charming personality, great musicianship and a unique voice enchanted me and it was one of the best concerts I have ever attended. One major boo-boo for me was that we were very far from the stage. I was 4 rows away from the barricade, and the barricade was at least a couple of meters away from the end of the stage. Being the short kid that I am, I couldn't see much of David and had to resort to watching the entire gig on the screens set up beside the stage.

David brought along one of his best friends, Andy Skib, to the show to play as his guitarist and to sing backup & to harmonise with him when needed. During my 12-minute group interview with him, he said that he and Andy were like "brothers", and while they had their fights every now and then, they remained best friends and he felt that it was a privilege for him to bring his best friend along with him to experience all the amazing things he had the chance to experience after winning Idol. Andy has an amazing voice, his voice reminds me of Morgan Dorr from Boys Like Girls. Both of them have incredible voices and beautiful falsettos, but they're both singing backup. I heard from an extremely reliable source (okay fine, it's Wikipedia) that Andy is the lead singer of a rock band called Midwest Kings. I'll definitely have a listen to MWK when I have the time to!

After the show, the Australian host with the extremely adorable accent called David back onto the stage to ask him to try a durian pancake that a fan had bought for him. He crinkled his nose after taking a whiff of it. Oh come on David, it smells heavenly! After much encouragement from the host and the audience, he finally mustered the courage to put the pancake into his mouth - an action that he definitely regretted, judging from the look of his face when he tasted the durian pancake. He spit the pancake out and threw it away. Aww David, it doesn't taste that bad... I happen to love durian. A lot. I guess it's an acquired taste. Not many non-Asians like durian, so I understand.

Guest Guest

Here is the Catwalk strut-put to music by MrCookRocks LOL Face thanks

Guest Guest
Aww Thanks Dinna!!!

The Seacrest imitation and catwalk strut were great!

I love Purple Rain acoustic, but would really like to hear them do it full band some day.

OK. The article above was great. But.... Light Up? That gave me a chuckle. Ok, David. I believe I will Light Up. lmao.

It appears his charm isn't waning one little bit. He sure charmed the author of that article. Very Happy I just love when he does that. It's just so natural for him. All he has to do is show up, be himself, and BOOM! He has you in the palm of his hands.

I think full band "Purple Rain" would have definitely sounded more exciting (the acoustic version sounds just a bit dragging to me.)

With no full band, perhaps an acoustic "Rolling in the Deep" cover might have sounded more appealing. JMO.

Oh, I thought his Purple Rain was stunning! I really appreciate the nuances in his voice, and feel that this performance played perfectly to that.

Dinna, so happy that you have had much to enjoy!

He sounds absolutely fantastic. Every time there's a "drought" in Dave appearances, and then he plays a beautiful acoustic set like this....I fall in love with that voice all over again.

I agree Jamie. The voice just....chills.

Ana, I'm with you on Purple Rain. I didn't really care for it. Yea, I know. I'll take the thrown tomatoes. But I'm not a lover of Prince's music for the most part. I'm an odd ball. He sang it well though. Very soulful. It was fun seening him experience that performance. A lot of people loved it. So I know this isn't what everyone else feels. Nice to know I wasn't alone though.

The catwalk was adorable. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him strut and turn. Oh, the turn. lol. He's such a goof. Love when he gets all playful.

Guest Guest

I think the Purple Rain cover was really good. And I love that he did something new for the Singapore fans. Smile

Someone should have played LMFAO's "I'm Sexy and I Know It" while David was strutting on the catwalk! LOL flag

Guest Guest

Did you watch the catwalk video posted above, Ana? Someone already put his walk to that song. LOL Face You knew it wouldn't take long. Wink

I think Purple Rain sounded just lovely acoustic, though I wouldn't mind hearing a full band version sometime. But it fit did fit well with the acoustic show, he sounded great, and Ion Mall's "official" color is purple from what I read so it fit that way as well.

I ROFLOL at David imitating Seacrest introducing him for ABMB, and I like Andy's harmonies at the end better than I did the two girls who sang it with him in Indonesia and the Philippines. I still have to watch all the vids - have only watched 4 or 5 songs so far - but I did download dinna's mp3 of the whole show - thank you again, dinna! - and plan to listen at work today. Smile

Guest Guest

A couple of very funny Q&A from the meet and greet by shesacontradiction - ROFLOL

David and Andy sound so gorgeous together. Those harmonies! Wow Awww Love Makes me think of what those acoustic gigs they did in Tulsa so many moons ago would have sounded like. Smile

We've been given some very sweet treats with these acoustic gigs but ya know what? The next gig needs to be full band. I miss those guys! Very Sad

Guest Guest

Aw the Q & A video was funny & sweet. Getting the flower reminded me of the time during idol a bunch of fans from the old AI boards sent him a room full of flowers during top 3 week Awww Love

Guest Guest
Some awesome pictures HERE courtesy of Tun-Tun.

Guest Guest

Those are great Jeannie-thanks for posting them here. Glad she brought her camera with her to work LOL Face

Guest Guest

Here is the video of David eating or more like tasting the "durian pancake" posted by happyredpanda-thanks!

Guest Guest
ROFLOL

I'm thinking that durian fruit is on the list with mustard for Dave, judging by his reaction.

Guest Guest

From Chapark - Part one of the full Q&A that the short video I embedded above came from:

He's so funny... can't wait for part 2!

Guest Guest
Thanks everyone for all the great videos!

SUCH a funny guy, huh? I love him so much, for reasons that you all know by heart. His warm personality just lights up the room, and it's already bright that day on top of the Ion building.

He tackles all the serious and funny questions with the same amount of wit and wisdom Smile

Dinna, It was great to meet you!! My twitter handle is quicksandyrs. I had great time hanging out with you guys.. And...I got a hug and a handshake from David haha. He made a deal with me that I would have buy him a burmese harp if he comes to Burma. This is my first time meeting David and all the fans. I hope I can see him again soon.

Jeannie wrote:
ROFLOL

I'm thinking that durian fruit is on the list with mustard for Dave, judging by his reaction.

Ha-Ha-- Singapore was smart. They got David to try a delicacy by actually having the food and offering it to him to taste in front of TV cameras! That way not only did fans have first hand view of what David thinks of the food but they got to record his reaction for posterity.

I take it no one pulled the same gimmick over in Manila on having David actually taste balut! Over there they just kept asking him if he had tried balut but never physically offered it to him. As a result, we don't have a record of David "filing" balut in the mustard category as well. LOL flag

Guest Guest
PART 2 Q&A

Sorry, this one has embedding disabled at the moment, so I had to link.

Guest Guest
There are tons of videos out there (our Asian friends did a phenomenal job of capturing the event.) If you are looking for them, here you go:

Declaration

Declaration by hotandsexeh
Declaration by chapark
Declaration by chiNEz85
Declaration by imaginetvnetwork
Declaration by rockthefanatics

Come Back To Me

CBTM by hotandsexeh
CBTM by kebeansparkks
CBTM by markdallas
CBTM by chapark
CBTM by rockthefanatics
CBTM by imaginetvnetwork

Paper Heart

PH by hotandsexeh
PH by kebeansparkks
PH by chapark
PH by imaginetvnetwork
PH by shesacontradiction
PH by chiNEz85

Lie

Lie by chiNEz85
Lie by chapark
Lie by rockthefanatics
Lie by shesacontradiction

From Here to Zero

FHTZ by shesacontradiction
FHTZ by chiNEz85
partial FHTZ by kebeansparkks
FHTZ and Heroes by hotandsexeh

Heroes with Champagne Supernova

Heroes by chiNEz85
Heroes by chapark
Heroes by rockthefanatics
Heroes by shesacontradiction
Heroes by happyredpanda

Purple Rain (Prince cover)

Purple Rain by hotandsexeh
Purple Rain by chapark
Purple Rain by chiNEz85
Purple Rain by rockthefanatics

The Last Song I'll Write For You

TLSIWFY by shesacontradiction
TLSIWFY by chapark
TLSIWFY and FIM by hotandsexeh

Fade Into Me

FIM by chapark
FIM by kebeansparkks
FIM by goldenstudz
FIM by chiNEz85
The Catwalk Strut by shesacontradicition
The Catwalk Strut by chiNEz85

Always Be My Baby

ABMB by hotandsexeh
ABMB by jericnatalaray
ABMB by kebeansparkks
ABMB by firstlove4you
ABMB by shesacontradiction
ABMB by chiNEz85ABMB by jericnatalaray
ABMB by rockthefanatics

Light On

LO by hotandsexeh
LO by shesacontradiction
LO by chiNEz85
LO by chapark

Thank you to all the videographers, and I will add more as they become available.

Dinna, It was great to meet you!! My twitter handle is quicksandyrs. I had great time hanging out with you guys.. And...I got a hug and a handshake from David haha. He made a deal with me that I would have buy him a burmese harp if he comes to Burma. This is my first time meeting David and all the fans. I hope I can see him again soon.

Hi, Wynn! (I think I just spelled your name wrong, lol)

Best. Day. Ever. Right? Smile

It was nice meeting you and Jasmine! Hope to see you guys again very soon!

lol.. It's Win haha It was the BEST. DAY. EVER!!! I got a permanent smile on my face whenever I think about it. Meeting David was fun, but meeting you guys really enriched the experience! I would love to see you all again soon!

Guest Guest
Jeannie, Thanks for the video list!

Thank you one and all for the amazing pics and vids!! Once again, you've made me feel like I was there with you! So happy that you all had such an epic experience!

I came across 3 awesome quality videos posted by imaginenetwork. The quality is television level. Lots of views of Andy, too!

Guest Guest
Thanks Peggy! I had linked them above, but had not watched them. Those are awesome!

I didn't look at your "link list" until after I posted those vids. LOL I would put them in the "must watch" category. Great Thanks for posting the links, Jeannie!

I had Purple Rain stuck in my head. He just did something with his voice in that song I've never heard before. And I LOVE IT! Very soulful.

I've been wondering if this is the "new textures" he's been talking about? I don't mind at all, obviously Wink

I had Purple Rain stuck in my head. He just did something with his voice in that song I've never heard before. And I LOVE IT! Very soulful.

I've been wondering if this is the "new textures" he's been talking about? I don't mind at all, obviously Wink

I know what you mean, Dinna. He did something totally different with his voice. Purple Rain is just sort of "meh" for me, but his vocal was stunning. I feel like he's played another one of those cards he was talking about after Idol.

Some of my pictures:

From the Press Conference:
 img_8910.jpg

img_9010.jpg

From the Soundcheck:
 img_9110.jpg

img_9111.jpg

From the Meet & Greet:
 img_9112.jpg

img_9113.jpg

From the Show:
 img_9210.jpg

img_9310.jpg

img_9311.jpg

The Catwalk:
 img_9312.jpg

Guest Guest

Gorgeous pictures, dinna!!! Thank you for sharing them with us. Hug

Guest Guest

A bit of soundcheck, by happyredpanda:

Guest Guest

With thanks to DavidCookSingapore, a 2 and a half minute bit from the Singapore TV news: