Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Chit-Chat Thread (part 4)

Guest Guest
Jump Chris! You will have an amazing time! His new album will be out in a couple of weeks & he did a few songs from it. He did a total of 25 songs with the 2 encore's included.

The set & even outfit changes were a fun element to an already exciting night!

ShookByCook wrote:

The set & even outfit changes were a fun element to an already exciting night!

David, this is a HINT! LOL flag

I'm jealous, never seen JBJ before, hopefully he'll still tour Asia so I can try to catch him.

The Ten Commandments of winning 'American Idol' USA TODAY

Quote :
Thou shalt not covet another artist's image nor another singer's style. During the audition rounds, choosing material by singers you admire tells the judges what kind of contestant they're getting. But you're in the big time now. Pick your songs because they're great songs for you, not because you like pretending you're the person who sang them first. Remember how David Cook surprised and delighted us by creating new ways for us to hear those songs? Do that. Find ways that highlight the best parts of your voice and your personality. Always be your most interesting self.

image14.jpg

Chris, in regards to Bon Jovi, finally the rock gods are coming to you. LOL flag Now if we can only get Dave to come to you.

DEBRA Freaked!

@dsil wrote:
Chris, in regards to Bon Jovi, finally the rock gods are coming to you. LOL flag Now if we can only get Dave to come to you.

DEBRA Freaked!

Yes Debra !! Rock in Rio is really a great chance to see great stars here.
Last edition of this event - 2011 - we tried to bring Dave sending tweets to the organizers, with some videos of David performances... but unfortunatelly he's not well known here - except for the ones who follow American Idol.
I have few hopes he could come here someday ! Very Sad
This year a lot of great stars will be here at the 8 days of the festival: Muse, Nickelback, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Matchbox Twenty, Beyoncé, Bon Jovi, John Mayer, Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, 30 seconds to Mars, Florence and the Machine - and other ones.
At each day there'll be 5 differents artists shows - almost 12 hours of music.
I bought in advanced a card who gives me the right to choose one of the days - I'll choose the day of Bon Jovi. But I'll try to bought another ticket to go see Bruce Springsteen (I love him too). Mega Rock

Chris, that's a better group of choices than we get here in the STATES many times. I don't like to travel very far so staying within a 3 to 7 hour drive is what I like best. Lately I haven't found any concerts that I want to see. Going to Nashville to see Dave in the charity concert is a possiblity (no problem driving) but I just don't want to see such a limited performance by him. Very Sad Love more seeing the complete band and D rocking out. Very Happy Someday I'll get my wish! Till then I'll patiently wait. D has really taught me the "patience of waiting". Dancin Smiley

DEBRA

@Piper wrote:
The Ten Commandments of winning 'American Idol' USA TODAY

Quote :
Thou shalt not covet another artist's image nor another singer's style. During the audition rounds, choosing material by singers you admire tells the judges what kind of contestant they're getting. But you're in the big time now. Pick your songs because they're great songs for you, not because you like pretending you're the person who sang them first. Remember how David Cook surprised and delighted us by creating new ways for us to hear those songs? Do that. Find ways that highlight the best parts of your voice and your personality. Always be your most interesting self.

image14.jpg

i bought a copy of this the other day because i'm fan of angie miller this season and i was happy to see david pictured and mentioned in the article Smile

Happy Belated Birthday, Jan!!! I know it was yesterday, but always remember, people born in '56 RAWK!!! Mega RockFlower Bouquet

Oh, and Jan, Happy Dave Anniversary today! Today was the day Jan and I finally met face to face at the Niagara Falls show in 2009!! Much gratitude to David Cook, and the Anthemic (known then as DWEEB) for making it possible for all of us to meet at all!

Thanks to justicelvr for the video!

Guest Guest

Happy Belated Birthday Jan! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Hope we meet one day Hug

Guest Guest
Happy Birthday! Happy belated birthday, Jan! I hope it was a great one!

Guest Guest
((Jan)) Sending birthday hugs your way!

Guest Guest

So today I was working at a client's office, and I got an email from another client. (My work email is attached to my phone.) I was answering him, and thankfully, I always read over my emails and texts before I hit send. I had told him that I was out of the office today, and that I would "check it tomorrow morning when I get in the office."

Autocorrect did it's thing on me... When I read it over it said, "I will check it tomorrow moron" instead of morning. LOL Face So glad I didn't send that... I have a feeling calling a client a moron wouldn't have gone over well.

Guest Guest
LOL flag damn auto-correct.

Guest Guest
ROFLOL Love to hate auto-correct!

Guest Guest

Sharing this because I thought it was just wonderful and sweet and real!

Short animated film nominated for the Oscars 2013.

Awww Love

I found this at Facebook - He's a brazilian fan who made a video of FADE INTO ME cover - I think he did an amazing job:

so I saw on facebook that dave is doing a show in Kansas City November 25th? Anyone else see that?

Guest Guest

No, I didn't see that but he did one there on that date in 2011. I'm on vacation starting the 23th so that works for me LOL Face

It was a KC Radio post. But I'm beginning to wonder. The fans are sooooooo wanting a show, it just seems to me like if it was real Twitter and FB and here would have EXPLODED! So, maybe it wasn't real? It normally takes all of 30 seconds for David's fandom to go nuts over an announcement. So not sure about this one.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/sdillon
UPDATE = Got an email from the leadership of my local Relay for Life this weekend. They are allowing anyone into the VIP area of the Relay if I can raise at least $500 in ONLINE donations by March 29. So far, I've raised $390 towards that. If anyone can donate or forward this request, it would be greatly appreciated. [Link towards that is above]

Guest Guest
I wish all the best to achieve your $500 goal, Sarah. Unfortunately, my int'l card is totally maxed out!

Sorry Every one Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes and the Video The Best Banter of all and I love it to Bits. Thank You so Much Peg you know me and that video. Thanks again Everyone you guys are the best
Love yu all
Jan xoxoxoxooxxoxoxo

please pray for my hubby Richard Smith, had to take him to the hospital at about 1am last night, he had a major pain on his right side, we thought it was his appendix or his gallbladder, but both were fine due to the ultrasound and CT scan he had done, he's home from work until Wednesday he came home this morning at about 4:30 with pain meds, he's resting comfortably right now. please keep our little family in your thoughts and prayers. he's a fighter and I want him around to see his son and future children grow up. CryingVery SadCrying non-stopSaddest

Guest Guest

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Neva Hug

Me too, Neva. He's in my prayers. Saw on FB he went back to work today. How'd he do?

thanks for your concerns, he's doing ok at work, he has to take a pain pill to get through the day, but he made it through the week, he goes back on Sunday morning, he had the weekend off, we took a walk today and he's hurting but he's ok.

Hope that he gets to feeling better!

DEBRA

please keep our little family in your thoughts and prayers. he's a fighter and I want him around to see his son and future children grow up. CryingVery SadCrying non-stopSaddest

Joining in prayers for your family and your husband's continuing recovery and good health.. Uber hug

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/nickelodeon-art-show-its-the-shiznick_n_3060563.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
Soo...for those of you in the Los Angeles area until around the R4H, my stepsister Kate Ward has a piece being shown in a Nickelodeon-themed show called "It's the ShizNICK!" at a small gallery called Iam8bit Productions on Sunset Blvd. [hers is based from the 90s show The Adventures of Pete and Pete and is 4th in the slideshow from the above website]. Might want to check it out

Hey guys, didn't know where to say this, but we're very close to the message number 1.000.000 Very Happy only 327 left. This is insane!! Hahahah

Guest Guest

Hard to believe this was 5 years ago today-still brings me to tears. Awww Love

Guest Guest
@dinamata wrote:
Hey guys, didn't know where to say this, but we're very close to the message number 1.000.000 Very Happy only 327 left. This is insane!! Hahahah

Yeay, isn't is amazing! Go WordNerds!CheersGo WordNerds!

Hey, y'all.

I'm terrified. (Way to start a post, huh? lol)
I've never flown more than three hours, and I'm going to LA Sunday morning.

I won tickets and all-paid expenses trip for two to watch The Voice Live on Monday and I'm going with my cousin.

Wish me luck! I hope I won't get lost trying to find gates & terminals on my layover bc my cognitive map is THE worst! lol
Oh and... cross your fingers for my (still developing) English. Let's hope I won't have to resort to Morse code, heh Razz

Guest Guest

WOW Dinna! Sooooo happy for you!!! Don't you worry. LAX is a very important international airport and personnel is used to deal with people from all over the world; the same goes for the city. If you speak English half as good as you write it, you won't have no problems whatsoever!

Hope you have a blast and keep us posted Hug

Guest Guest
Jump Dinna-that sounds like fun & as Made said there are plenty of people to help along the way. I'm sure you will do fine & have fun! Please let us know all about it when you get back!

Dinna, if I can survive 4 days in Paris, a city known for its rudeness, and I don't speak 2 words of French, you will do great in LA. (In French, I can only say Thank you and How much. Doesn't help when you are lost. lol). You will have a blast! Enjoy.

CONGRATULATIONS DINNA!!! How awesome is that!! I wish I could meet you, but I'm on the opposite side of the country! Crying I hope you have a fantastic time. It's an adventure. No worries about your english or gates. I've learned that in traveling, mistakes turn out to be the most fun and I've had some truly amazing things happen when I thought I was totally lost! LOL

Guest Guest
Dinna, Congratulations on winning a great trip! Have fun and enjoy your time in LA.

Guest Guest

Hope everyone is having a great day Hug

Guest Guest

Thanks Made!

I hope all the Mom's had a wonderful day! Smile

Guest Guest
I hope all the moms here had a nice relaxing day!

Oh wow this is weird indeed. We celebreated mother's day last Sunday (the 5th of May) anyway, Very Happy congratulations to all the moms!!

And woooow! Dinna! Congratulations! I want to win a trip to LA too!! Have a blast! And awesome time! Very Happy

And don't worry about English. I'm sure you know a lot already, maybe the accent is a bit weird. Never been there so I dunno, but I'm sure it won't be a problem, your writing is perfect (At least for me, lol)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.