Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

WNH Top 5 #7 - Your Top 5 David related moments of the past 5 years

Guest Guest

As we celebrate the Home's fifth birthday this week, we thought it would be fun to do some "top 5" lists. So each day this week, we will have a new top five thread. We hope you will all jump in to give your lists, and why those are your top five. Please feel free to discuss the choices here as well. This is all for fun, and there is no right or wrong. Changing your answers is also allowed, so no pressure as you answer. Wink

So welcome to our seventh and final top five thread... Your personal favorite David related moments from our past five years. Anything Dave related goes here. What are your top five David related things from our time together as David's fans?

And thank you everyone who has participated in these threads. If you missed any, they are still here so feel free to go back and catch up.

And especially, thank you all for being a part of this Home where we share our love for David, his music, and all things DC related... and where we have been blessed to make so many new friends from around the world... all because of one adorkable guy from the midwest who tried out for a TV singing show, and won not only the show, but our hearts. All of you are very special to all of us here. We hope we're all here celebrating together for many, many more years. Hug

Guest Guest
Great way to end our week-long anniversary celebrations!!!

Guest Guest
Hmmm I have to say that his Idol win and the Race For Hope weekends rank at the top of my list. Of course there was also that first WNH convention in Atlantic City on Idol tour. Then there was slogging through a hurricane in Bridgeport lol. Oh and the Saturday Night Live dress rehearsal. I can't forget to add the album release party at Hard Rock in NYC. Driving through a blizzard after a concert. Getting no sleep and having the time of my life at the second Atlantic City WN gathering. Damn, do I really have to keep my list to only five moments?

Guest Guest
Great moments, Barb! I think that this being the last Top 5, hmmm... we could make it Top "whatever" moments, LOL.

For me it would have to be:

Idol Win
When I met him in PA
Camping out in Times Square for the 1st Album Release (i met some of you then)
When TLM was released (The emotions were incredible when I first heard it)
Seeing him (and meeting him) at the show in Phoenix with my Sis

This is for me
Idol Tour when i got to meet him back stage
Niagara Falls 2nd time i got to meet him and take pictures with Peg and Hubby
Idol Win
when stacy got to present him with the books. Not sure if that counts but i love watching that video of the very 1st presentation of the book .

Guest Guest

Everything counts, and list as many as you like!

Let's see... For me:

Singing TOML in Chili's after the RFH last year, Stacy and Tammy dancing, and everyone in the place watching us.

Getting lost in the mountains of West Virginia with Rachel after the WV State Fair show, watching the GPS look like we were driving a Mario Kart course.

Sitting in our hotel room later that night, watching the "Chicken interview" Pork Beans episode and the "green man" video and laughing so loud we thought we were going to get thrown out.

Meeting Dave for the first time on the Idol Tour in Portland, Oregon, and having him joke with me about how they were playing shows in Ohio too when he heard where I lived.

Also having him give me the unsolicited "I LOVE the Word Nerds!" shout out that same night, and coming back here to share that with all of you.

Meeting so many wonderful friends from all around the globe, some in person and some online, these past five years. I am proud to call you all friends. Awww Love

I am sure I will be back with more.

Guest Guest
WOW!!! So many moments! So many memories!

- My first David concert at the Red, White & Boom in Bonner Springs, KS 6.20.09

- Meeting David at my second concert, him teasing me for travelling all the way from Canada to Kansas to see him and then hugging me at The Cotillion in Wichita, KS 6.21.09

- Volunteering for the Race For Hope in Washington, DC 5.06.12

- FINALLY meeting so many friends from here at NOH and RFH in Washington, DC 5.04.12 to 5.07.12

- The TOML scene in Chili's after the RFH 5.06.12....the singing and dancing and of course EVERYONE watching!!!! Honestly that was the BEST WEEKEND EVER!

- Idol win
- Meeting Dave for the first time ever on the Idol tour
- Do the Wright Thing gala
- DCTR album release party and the CD signing afterward when he hugged me so tightly I couldn't breathe!
- Irving Plaza show in December 2012. It was the last night of the tour and I had VIP to meet the band before the show and I got to hang out with Stacy and everybody in the front row during the show! Seriously one of my favorite shows of ALL TIME.

Wow. So many 'favorites'! I'll give it a try.

#1 David winning Idol
#2 David leaving RCA - that made my YEAR!
#3 Meeting David after the 1st Clifton Park show and making him laugh.
#4 Hanging out in line at the Nokia show - such a blast - having pizza delivered, all the people I met. It was ridiculously fun!
#5 Finding all of you guys!! Love you!

I can do more??? Twisted Evil
#6 The entire weekend at Busch Gardens - meeting so many people, David's and the guys energy on stage.., It didn't feel real.
#7 TLM release at Best Buy when David and the guys brought us pizza.
#8 All the cellcasts and ustreams, chatting with so many people from all over the world!
#9 Getting DC concert tickets in the mail. Oh, the anticipation!
#10 Having all of you share your awesome experiences and being able to share my experiences with you!

#1 David winning Idol
#2 My First David's show (Sacramento, 2009)
#3 Meeting David in Phoenix, 2011
#4 The amazing friends I have because of him.
#5 Taking part of David's Team at RFH2013, meeting him again, meeting so many friends there, taking part of the Race ! Group Hug1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.