Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

9/28/13 - Nashville, Tennessee - 12th & Porter

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the September 28, 2013, Nashville, Tennessee 12th & Porterl concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist:

(to be determined)

Guest Guest
Reserved for videos

Guest Guest
Reserved for pictures

Guest Guest

I am leaving around noon today for Nashville. Can't wait to see Dave and the guys, and so many of my friends tomorrow night! Excited2

Guest Guest
Looking forward to seeing you there, Shelley!

I'm so excited to see everyone again!!! Excited2 My friend and I are leaving Bumfuck, MS early Saturday morning to get to Nashville around lunch- anyone want to meet up for a pre-VIP lunch? Very Happy

Guest Guest
We aren't doing VIP at this one, and won't get into Nashville until late morning (spending tonight in Louisville) so we probably can't do lunch, but hopefully we can catch up at the show, Jamie. It's been too long!

I'm home and alive. And exhausted. Shocked Uploading photos/videos as we speak. Will try to share ASAP but a nap is definitely in my immediate future. That was a loooong 5 hour drive.

Dave in Nashville 024 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 036 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 043 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 053 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Guest Guest
Thanks for the photos Jamie! I can't wait to read everyone's recaps from this show.

Thanks Smile I've got some more; I just had to take the most epic 7 hour nap in order to function.

Dave in Nashville 290 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 186 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 166 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Thanks Smile I've got some more; I just had to take the most epic 7 hour nap in order to function.

Dave in Nashville 290 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 186 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Dave in Nashville 166 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

OMG!!!, the first one in that set, hot damn!!!!!!!Drool Whoa!!! Awww Love Thud! Melt love plode 

Guest Guest
Jamie, your pictures are gorgeous! It was so good to see you again, and I am so glad you made it home safely. How about your car?

I have lots to tell you all, but I just walked in the house, and have had only 6 hours of sleep since Friday. I am not coherent enough to type much now, and I have to work in the morning. But I owe you a recap soon.

Guest Guest
Thanks Jamie! I'm still in love with Lie live.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pix, Jamie!

It was so good to see everyone & the show was beyond awesome.

Still trying to wrap my head around the experience, I suppose.

Uh... has anyone heard if there's an MP3 of the show around?

Guest Guest

So... recap.

We left Friday afternoon, with Rachel and I meeting at Eve's, then picking up Hannah in Lodi, and Lisa in Columbus. We drove as far as Louisville, then spent the night. Since we hadn't all been together since the Declaration Tour, there was a lot of talking and laughing, and we sat up drinking adult beverages and having a good time much later than we should have. Side note, which later fits into the concert - if you are ever bored and in need of a good laugh, check out poopourri.com. I have never laughed so hard...

Saturday morning we were up early, had a good breakfast, and then off to Nashville. Road construction made traffic bad, but we were in Nashville around 11:00. The time change helped with that. We didn't have much time to sightsee, and since only Eve and I had been to Nashville before, we opted to take the trolley tour to hit the high points. After that, we walked around honky tonk alley for a bit, then checked into our hotel to get ready for dinner. We had a nice surprise when OSUJenn and her husband showed up at our hotel room - hadn't seen them in forever. They joined us for a wonderful dinner, and then it was off to the show.

We got there a little after seven. None of us had done VIP, so we got in the line and had an hour to wait. Not bad though, as there were so many people there we knew and hadn't talked to in awhile. Funny thing... we were lined up by the stage door. Nick Gibson opened it and came out, nearly knocking Lisa off her feet. He apologized to her, lol. A few minutes later the door opens again. We look over and out pops Dave's head. He saw us, grinned and said hi. He then asked us if we had seen Nick. We all pointed in unison (not planned) and said "He went that way." Dave said, "Shit!" then smiled and thanked us, and took off in the direction Nick had gone. Next thing we knew, we saw him driving a car up the street past us. Maybe he was going to pick up Travis' cake?

When we were let in, they were checking IDs closely. And I mean everyone's ID. If you didn't have one, it didn't matter if you were obviously a grandparent, you were not getting in the door. When I gave the guy my ID, he said, "Ohio? Did you all rent a bus to come down here? I can't believe how many Ohio IDs I have seen tonight." Hey Dave, if you won't come to us, we will come to you. Wink

The show was amazing as always. The new songs sound fantastic live - I loved them from the videos, but they are so good live! I love the new vibe and different sounds of them. Monty was having a blast on stage (Eve and I were by the bar at the end of the stage - we got her a chair there so she could sit if she needed to, while the rest of our group went up to the tiny balcony) and since we were right in front of him, we could really see how much fun he was having... and his "private bar" he had set up on a box at the back of the stage, lol. All the guys were really into it, the crowd was awesome, and we were thrilled to get the full 18 song set list.

I'm sure you all saw/heard about Travis' birthday cake. Dave called him up onstage, gave him a cake which was decorated with the word "Poo" and a fake (but realistic looking) piece of dog crap, and we all sang happy birthday. As Travis was leaving the stage, he had to walk down the stage steps right beside us. We were laughing so hard, because after the "poopourri" videos from the night before, then this cake, we decided the theme of the weekend was "poo'. LOL Face As Travis came down the steps, someone asked if they could get a picture of the cake. He very nicely lowered it down, just as Dave started to call him back to get the plates and forks for it. He turned his head, and the cake, which was sitting on a slippery plastic tray started to slide. If we hadn't been watching and reached out to grab it, I would have been wearing poo cake. Thankfully, four sets of hands were moved quickly enough to get it. Run LOL flag

The only complaint I would have about the evening would be my usual one... it was over too soon. After the show, the front area was crammed with fans wanting to meet Dave. I have VIPs coming up, so I opted to go outside and wait. Lisa did get in line, as this was to be her only show of the tour. (I say was, because on the way home we talked her into going to Kokomo as well.) She got a great picture with him, and jokingly asked him, "So what did Ohio do to piss you off this tour?" His answer was, "Ohio didn't piss me off! No one there booked me." Saddest We're going to have to work on venues here next time he does a tour.

After many goodbyes were said, we went back to the hotel and managed to get about 3 hours sleep before we had to leave on our 9 hour (for me) drive back.

So it was a great time, and I can't wait to hit the road again for my 3 day/3 show weekend later this month!

Guest Guest
Jeannie, Thanks for the recap. It sounds like you all had an amazing time!

Jeannie ~ Great re-cap.....glad to see you had a good time. If you don't mind me asking what 3 shows have you got coming up? Is it Watseka, Kokomo & Ann Arbor? I'm considering those 3 but I am solo and looking for a couple of partners in crime in room with/ride with (if possible)!!!! LMK

Guest Guest
Those are the three. We're coming over to Watseeka from northern Ohio, so wouldn't be going by you to pick you up, and then we'll be heading straight back here Monday from Ann Arbor, so again you wouldn't have a way back home. So I don't see how we could help you with a ride. Sorry, I wish you were on the way.

Jeannie wrote:
Those are the three. We're coming over to Watseeka from northern Ohio, so wouldn't be going by you to pick you up, and then we'll be heading straight back here Monday from Ann Arbor, so again you wouldn't have a way back home. So I don't see how we could help you with a ride. Sorry, I wish you were on the way.

Bummer Very Sad I so wish I could find someone closer to me that is wanting to go to these 3 shows......it would just make the drive so much more bearable Smile

it's been a long time since I've been on here! But it's nice when I can come on here and have something to show or share and that's what I got! LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34047301@N08/sets/72157636027390133/
There is a link to my photos I took at the show Saturday night.

some examples:

and here are my videos I took:

and then I met him after for my second time meeting him, technically three if I count Idol, but I count it as two really lol signed one of my boots because I took them off before his set because my feet hurt so bad in them so I took them off so I could enjoy David's set and figured why not have him sign my boot that I will hardly wear anymore anyway...and also got my first hug picture with him so I'm pretty happy Awww Love

Jeannie wrote:
So... recap.

We left Friday afternoon, with Rachel and I meeting at Eve's, then picking up Hannah in Lodi, and Lisa in Columbus. We drove as far as Louisville, then spent the night. Since we hadn't all been together since the Declaration Tour, there was a lot of talking and laughing, and we sat up drinking adult beverages and having a good time much later than we should have. Side note, which later fits into the concert - if you are ever bored and in need of a good laugh, check out poopourri.com. I have never laughed so hard...

Saturday morning we were up early, had a good breakfast, and then off to Nashville. Road construction made traffic bad, but we were in Nashville around 11:00. The time change helped with that. We didn't have much time to sightsee, and since only Eve and I had been to Nashville before, we opted to take the trolley tour to hit the high points. After that, we walked around honky tonk alley for a bit, then checked into our hotel to get ready for dinner. We had a nice surprise when OSUJenn and her husband showed up at our hotel room - hadn't seen them in forever. They joined us for a wonderful dinner, and then it was off to the show.

We got there a little after seven. None of us had done VIP, so we got in the line and had an hour to wait. Not bad though, as there were so many people there we knew and hadn't talked to in awhile. Funny thing... we were lined up by the stage door. Nick Gibson opened it and came out, nearly knocking Lisa off her feet. He apologized to her, lol. A few minutes later the door opens again. We look over and out pops Dave's head. He saw us, grinned and said hi. He then asked us if we had seen Nick. We all pointed in unison (not planned) and said "He went that way." Dave said, "Shit!" then smiled and thanked us, and took off in the direction Nick had gone. Next thing we knew, we saw him driving a car up the street past us. Maybe he was going to pick up Travis' cake?

When we were let in, they were checking IDs closely. And I mean everyone's ID. If you didn't have one, it didn't matter if you were obviously a grandparent, you were not getting in the door. When I gave the guy my ID, he said, "Ohio? Did you all rent a bus to come down here? I can't believe how many Ohio IDs I have seen tonight." Hey Dave, if you won't come to us, we will come to you. Wink

The show was amazing as always. The new songs sound fantastic live - I loved them from the videos, but they are so good live! I love the new vibe and different sounds of them. Monty was having a blast on stage (Eve and I were by the bar at the end of the stage - we got her a chair there so she could sit if she needed to, while the rest of our group went up to the tiny balcony) and since we were right in front of him, we could really see how much fun he was having... and his "private bar" he had set up on a box at the back of the stage, lol. All the guys were really into it, the crowd was awesome, and we were thrilled to get the full 18 song set list.

I'm sure you all saw/heard about Travis' birthday cake. Dave called him up onstage, gave him a cake which was decorated with the word "Poo" and a fake (but realistic looking) piece of dog crap, and we all sang happy birthday. As Travis was leaving the stage, he had to walk down the stage steps right beside us. We were laughing so hard, because after the "poopourri" videos from the night before, then this cake, we decided the theme of the weekend was "poo'. :lol face:As Travis came down the steps, someone asked if they could get a picture of the cake. He very nicely lowered it down, just as Dave started to call him back to get the plates and forks for it. He turned his head, and the cake, which was sitting on a slippery plastic tray started to slide. If we hadn't been watching and reached out to grab it, I would have been wearing poo cake. Thankfully, four sets of hands were moved quickly enough to get it. Run LOL flag

The only complaint I would have about the evening would be my usual one... it was over too soon. After the show, the front area was crammed with fans wanting to meet Dave. I have VIPs coming up, so I opted to go outside and wait. Lisa did get in line, as this was to be her only show of the tour. (I say was, because on the way home we talked her into going to Kokomo as well.) She got a great picture with him, and jokingly asked him, "So what did Ohio do to piss you off this tour?" His answer was, "Ohio didn't piss me off! No one there booked me." :saddest:We're going to have to work on venues here next time he does a tour.

After many goodbyes were said, we went back to the hotel and managed to get about 3 hours sleep before we had to leave on our 9 hour (for me) drive back.

So it was a great time, and I can't wait to hit the road again for my 3 day/3 show weekend later this month!

Jeannie..It was so good to finally meet you at this show..Not sure if you remember me or not..But it was after ths show & you were about to leave to head back to the hotel..I agree this show was Simply Amazing!!