Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/18/13 - Watseka, Illinois - Watseka Theater

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the October 18, 2013, Watseka, Illinois Watseka Theater concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist:

(to be determined)

Guest Guest
Reserved for videos

Guest Guest
Reserved for pictures

Have I mentioned how happy/excited I am that DC is on tour again???
Excited2 Joy dance bounce Excited 

Guest Guest
Me too! And I will be so excited to see you again here! I am so happy we will be at a show together.

are any of you thinking of attending the milwaukee show on 11/19? it will probably be my only david show unless he adds more in WI. hope to meet some of you Smile

I wasn't planning on attending this show so I didn't purchase a VIP ticket when they were available. So......does anyone have an extra VIP ticket for sale by chance?

@dc122082 wrote:
I wasn't planning on attending this show so I didn't purchase a VIP ticket when they were available.  So......does anyone have an extra VIP ticket for sale by chance?

I MAY have to sell my ticket. I will know for sure by the end of this week. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

@pn112 wrote:
@dc122082 wrote:
I wasn't planning on attending this show so I didn't purchase a VIP ticket when they were available.  So......does anyone have an extra VIP ticket for sale by chance?
I MAY have to sell my ticket. I will know for sure by the end of this week. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

OK thanks....I am definately interested Smile

Guest Guest

Peggy, you might not be going now? Saddest

Your ticket isn't a VIP though, right? That's what I think she is looking for.

@dc122082 wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
@dc122082 wrote:
OK thanks....I am definately interested Smile

Dawn, I sent you a pm

I got your message Peggy....can you give me a few days to decide? I'm still in limbo.....I'm looking for a couple of parteners in crime to room/and possibly ride with to a couple of shows.

Thanks Christine!

I still have the ticket for sale - face value $40. It's 5th row VIP, but no Meet & Greet. Please pm me if interested. Thanks!

Guest Guest
I will be leaving for Eve's in about a half hour, and then we will be on our way to Waseka and day one of our concert trifecta!

Guest Guest
Jeannie and Eve, Wishing you safe travels and some amazing music!

Guest Guest
All I can say is that I am so glad we made the trip! This show is definitely one of my favorites. Will recap later, but it was an epic one.

Guest Guest
Jump I'm glad it was a great show. Can't wait to read recaps and watch videos.

Guest Guest

Waiting for your recap, Jeannie! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!!! Hope everyone who was there had a great time Very Happy

Guest Guest

Attempting to start my recap from my iPad while I wait for Eve to get ready so we can head for home after the best David Cook weekend ever!

It was a long ride to Watseka...about 6.5 hours of nothing but flat land, cornfields, and windmills. Apparently, western Ohio, Indiana and Illinois are big on wind power. Literally hundreds of windmills in rows, kind of creepy looking.

We got to Watseka and checked into the hotel, then headed to the theater for dinner and the show. The theater does a $10 add on to your ticket, and serves you dinner before the show. We ate, and then into the theater to wait. (We did not do VIP for this show.)

Our seats were second row on the center aisle, so we were right in front of Dave. The opener was good, but he played a cover of Wicked Game. We were like, "uh oh. Bad choice." But he did a good job with his songs, and he was cute too.

Dave came out and the crowd went crazy. He did the full 18 song Setlist. During Eyes on You he told us to dance. So this guy comes down the aisle on his way to the bar and he was dancing (badly) all the way. Of course, Dave saw him and when the song was over he called him out and got him up on stage. When Dave asked him his name, he said, "Rich...Dick" so Dave asked us to give it up for Rich Dick. LOL flag the look on his face when he realized what he said was priceless! He told the guy he had to do those group numbers on Idol for 4.5 months and hated them, so he was going to give him an out. He could either dance for us, or he could do a shot with Monty. The dumb guy said he would leave it up to the audience, so of course we made him dance. Dave was losing it, and Monty gave him a shot anyway before he left the stage. It was hysterical!

In Kokomo, Dave told us that he found out later the guy was a high school teacher, and he had students in the audience. He said he hoped he didn't lose his job over it, lol.

When it was time for Lie, Dave stepped to the mic and did his explanation of the acoustic songs, and he said while he normally encourages noise during his songs, this one needed quiet so we could hear. Before he started singing, he said, "So shut it!" And we did. You could hear a pin drop. He was doing his usual beautiful singing, and then in the middle he said, "Wow, it's almost too quiet!" Make up your mind, Dave! LOL Face

When it was time for Wicked Game, he had to talk about the opener doing the same song. Joked that it was like a challenge, but was nice about the opener.

All the songs sounded great, the audience was totally with him, and it was just a fantastic night. The theater owner was hysterical... Introduced Dave by telling us to buckle our seat belts and strap on our parachutes because we were going for a ride. LOL then he actually reintroduced him for the encore. Dave said that had never happened before.

Dave waited after the show to talk with everyone who wanted. The line was long, and we knew we would be seeing him the next two nights, so we just waved to him and went back to the hotel. Kristin, Juls, Nicole, Tracy, and some others were right across the hall from us, so we stayed up way too late with them, talking and laughing our asses off. Getting up for the drive to Kokomo in the morning was tough.

It was one of the best shows I had ever been to, and I didn't see how the weekend could get any better. I purposefully set my expectations very low for the next night in Kokomo. How wrong that thought turned out to be... To be continued in the Kokomo thread...

Jeannie, thank you for the wonderful recap! Show after show, these shows sound great! Can 't wait for my DC one on 11/11 Smile.

Thanks for the recap!

I'm so glad people were quiet during Lie. One of my (many) pet peeves is when he asks for quiet and people can't shut up for the length of one song.

Can't wait til Friday!!!Excited 

Guest Guest

Something I forgot - everything runs together - as I said, we were 2nd row center on the aisle, and these girls kept coming down the aisle and bending down so someone could snap a picture of them with Dave in the background. They were totally sticking their asses out at Dave. I turned to Eve and said, "Oh you know he's going to say something."

Sure enough, about the third time it happened, Dave stopped the song he was doing. He told them to come back down the aisle and he then had them take a picture which he totally photobombed. He said it was the "best photobomb ever." LOL flag

Dorothy, enjoy your show and please tell us about it!

Awww.. thanks for the recap, Jeannie. Loved it. Will read others later after work. I will see him on Nov 2nd. Smile