Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelywomanofvirtue

Matters of the Heart

Hi everyone,

I am in a sad place right now. I had a boyfriend for 3 years....and we broke up about a month ago. I have my days where I am this strong woman, and i have my days where i miss him so much, like today...today i am just really feeling broken hearted because he is seeing another woman....Today has been a cry day for me. I have just been boo hooing all day. I just don't know how to go from here. I pray, i get my cries out...but I am still just hurt, and sad......I am trying to stay focused but its hard....I mean, I don't know what it is....I know in the situation we were in, I was hurt ALOT, and my main thing is, why am I still so sad? Why do I miss him so much? I'm almost mad at myself for feeling like this....I just don't get it.......

You are allowed to feel this way because it was 3 years. Cut yourself a break and grieve.

I remember dating someone and we ended up departing because he just wasn't acting right. Although it was a mutual decision, I GRIEVED!!! It took my friend to pray with me regularily...and then I began to feel better and get stronger. We are NOT robots...things affect us and God gives us time to get over it. My suggestion is to continue to go to the Lord and pour out your heart, your hurt, your anger and your disappointment to him and let him fix it.

The scripture I hear is:

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I willease and relieve and refreshyour souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne. (Matthew 11:28-30 AMP)

You know how to contact me girly...I'm here if you need me!!!

Hi lovelywomanofvirtue -

Because regardless of the condition of the relationship, it was still a familiar relationship...even with its dysfunction... bandaid ...a counselor once told a friend of mine as an example that we get used to seeing old tires strewn across our yards but that doesn't mean they should be in our yards...

...and now you're in unchartered territory...lonely but not alone though it feels like it...God is seeing you through this...Psalms 147:3...you're going through a moment right now and it's ok...cry out to the Lord and cast your cares upon His throne of grace...he is healing you even as you read this post...it will get better over time...it's okay for you to grieve the end of your relationship right now...that way you can heal and move into all that the Lord has for you...but do not be like Lot's wife...your blessing is in front of you, not behind you...this door had to close in order for the doors to your place of destiny to open up...

so go ahead and cry like you've never cried before over this, and share all your hurt/frustration/feelings of rejection/sadness/grief/anger/and everything else you are feeling with the Lord (again and again and however many times it takes)...and then take His hand so that he can help you get up on your feet again as He places you on solid ground...and in the direction in which you are meant to go...remember that He loves you more than you can fathom...He wants the best for you and plans for you...He knows that you would like to be in a relationship where you are loved in the same way that He loves you...He wants that too...but in order to get there, you had to brought from here...so while it's painful now, trust in the Lord, He knows best.

Numbers 6:26 - May the Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

Proverbs 3:5-6

Psalm 37

huggins Bless You

You are so welcomed LovelyWomanofVirtue. So happy that God met you at your point of need!!

I'm just amazed how Lurdys and I pretty much shared the same thing. We were posting at the same time. Lurdys, we have to stop meeting like this... ..or do we??

You are welcome! And trust Him knowing that in the coming weeks He will bring the right people to say the right thing at the right time! You are going to be fine, just place your focus on Him as He guides you out of this season and into the new one!

Cholette - I know, right?! It's amazing how God works!

Amen!

Psalm 118:8 -

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.