Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

zzr project

Looking good thumbsthumbsthumbs

The finished product will be astounding. Can't wait applause Do like the colour thumbs

painted the frame and shock linkages yesterday and got my acro can,i can't believe how light it is mind you it is a racing can, now should i cut it down a bit.

I think you should wait til the bike is together first mount the can and if it looks to long then stubby it. But its looking good fella.

looking good,i like the can as it is but see what its like on the bike first thumbsthumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
I think you should wait til the bike is together first mount the can and if it looks to long then stubby it. But its looking good fella.
agree just how i done it on the RF put it on step back took 4 " of first then looked again the took 2" more of , cant put it back and your eye is your best tool

@haveugot1 wrote:
agree

looks good, but remember.. akra's run better at full length, chopping then has been proven to loose you a few HP's and effect the low down power.

@fr499y wrote:
looks good, but remember.. akra's run better at full length, chopping then has been proven to loose you a few HP's and effect the low down power.

yes but i reckon i will be able to lose a few hp and still be fast enough for me.dunno though i will think about it some more.

not really mark waiting for some bits and bobs from my friendly machineist. seem to be waiting and getting messed about by a lot of people on this build.

@madcarper wrote:
not really mark waiting for some bits and bobs from my friendly machineist. seem to be waiting and getting messed about by a lot of people on this build.
im sure it will come good in the end . so far i love the work you have done , very well put together thumbsthumbs

@madsod wrote:
@madcarper wrote:
im sure it will come good in the end . so far i love the work you have done , very well put together thumbsthumbs

agreethumbsthumbs

thanks for geeing me on lads,got a bit more done.standard front mudgaurd

cut down a bit

decided to paint the headlight and yokes black,sorry Stan i know you wanted to polish the yokes Embarassed but i think they would of looked odd with most of the bike black.those headlight brackets are on temporary waitng for some lsl black billet ones arriving.

also got my new black shadow discs ,they must be good stoppers cos they bloody massive

tank and mudgaurd painted,i need to get some caps made for the top yoke to cover adjusters

the piece of card is where i intend to mount digi clocks

need to get a set of renthal fatbars then decide how big i need to have the risers

still a lot i need to do getting there slowly

Love what u have done to the mudguard. Them discs are class and with a good set of pads they work a lot better than standard.

But nice job ian hope I can get a go when finished. Plzzzzzzzz. Lol

Looking good Ian, that front mudguard looks so much better thumbs and them disc wont have come cheap mate! affraid but its going to be stunning when you've finished! CoolCool

@haveugot1 wrote:
Love what u have done to the mudguard. Them discs are class and with a good set of pads they work a lot better than standard.

But nice job ian hope I can get a go when finished. Plzzzzzzzz. Lol

ok mark you can be chief road tester bike2no1

yea.. postman dropped this off today

billet piggyback brake resovoir to go on the busa master cylinder i got,painted them black gets rid of the pipe and remote resovoir

One tidy project there, keep the progress photo's coming thumbs

Old and Disgraceful racer2

a bit mark,got my fatbars, six pots ,risers of a mt01,lsl headlight brackets and rizoma grips, got to paint the calipers and risers shud get done this week will post pics when i get them back on the bike.

@madcarper wrote:
a bit mark,got my fatbars, six pots ,risers of a mt01,lsl headlight brackets and rizoma grips, got to paint the calipers and risers shud get done this week will post pics when i get them back on the bike.

Sounds like it's coming along mate. Looking forward to the pics thumbs

managed to get calipers and risers painted,fitted the controls although i have to extend the wiring and probably get longer throttle and choke cables i'll know better when i get the motor back in. rizoma grips on and my lsl headlight brackets look much better.

braided rear brake line on thats the back end sorted.

waiting for seal kit for the front calipers then i'll fit and measure for new brake lines. bought a zzr1400 radial clutch master cylinder but can't find matching brake cylinder for sensible money,so got a pair of a r1 will clean up and fit with billet pots and new levers ,anyone bought the pazzo or similar copies from japan and if so are they ok.

need to get barend mirrors,i think the clocks will be the acewell 4554AB.nice and neat to sit behind the headlight. thats it for now folks will keep the updates coming as and when.

looking great ive got a pair of the cheap levers on the bandit

think there just as good as the pazzo
they do the job thumbs

MY boy of 15 has just read post from start to end , and he loves your bike said its well sick , so just like his dad he has good taste

Just got a full brake seal kit for the Bandits six pots Ian so I know there not cheap Shocked You've done a fantastic job, can't wait to see it on the road. thumbsthumbs

That's one stealth looking machine m8, you've done a bloody good job. I've used the trak tech levers a good price with a lot of movement.

Omfg fairplay she looks stunning thumbs cant wait to see her finished thumbs

My son bought the Chinese (pazzo look) levers for his Fireblade. Says theyre fine.

had a easy week at work this week so i got engine cleaned and painted

looked proper tatty after a good power wash

need to check valve clearances see if i need any shims and order plus gaskets and some o-ring seals,then i can put motor back in bike, oh and some new oil pipes.
anything else i should do or check,the clutch and gearbox seemed ok when i rode it .