Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

zzr project

very nice what paint did you use on the block , is it 2 pack as im sure i have read you can , and your the man when it comes to paint thumbsthumbs hope to see the bike one day

yes i used 2k solid black, you just have to make sure your prep is good and use a couple of coats of etch primer first did the same on my bandit been done 3 years and still looks good.

got a few bits this week,360 degree adjustable footpegs from japan billet ally seem decent quality too for £40

goodridge oil cooler

as i have cut off the thermostat housing/filler cap, which was welded to the frame rail i have got a radiator with a filler cap i had to get the bottom outlet altered and 2 small outlets blanked off but its the right size and lines up pretty good with where i want to mount it.had to make a couple of mounting brackets but it fits nice .i have to get some rubber mounting bobbins for the oil cooler and then i will work out what type angle i need on the oil pipe connections.also waiting for an inline thermostat to arrive as i have read running without can cause hot spots and detonation problems so thought i'd play safe.

oh and i got the motor back in.

Those pegs look ok ian,cant wait to see it finished thumbs

finally got the oil cooler and pipework sorted,still sorting out an inline thermostat then i can finish the pipework on the rad.
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af123/madcarper2/bikewithradon004_zps6d7c5401.jpg?t=1365348430
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af123/madcarper2/bikewithradon005_zps8c610e05.jpg?t=1365348345
also waiting for a billet radiator exspansion bottle

I love youI love youI love youI love youI love you said it before that is super work , very well done

cheers wtf is up with photobucket i can only put a link in instead of the actual picture.

Looks great ian,as for photo bucket when ya see your pics in the home page

scroll onto the pic with cursor little icon should show on pic top right then click share

bloody thing is doing my head in to computer

anyway nice work thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
Looks great ian,as for photo bucket when ya see your pics in the home page

scroll onto the pic with cursor little icon should show on pic top right then click share

bloody thing is doing my head in to computer

anyway nice work thumbsthumbs

cheers lee will do that next time. thumbs

i accidently clicked on the lass with the fat arse Embarassed bloody adverts Laughing

everything is for sale mark,

nah it's not for sale unless i get another project,but you can take for a ride no prob.

not wishing to put my foot in it mate but that oil cooler is gonna need some kind of protection by the way the bikes looking great thumbs

not wishing to put my foot in it mate but that oil cooler is gonna need some kind of protection by the way the bikes looking great thumbs

Looks like the oil cooler has a cover but the rad doesn't Wink

@madcarper wrote:
everything is for sale mark,but i dare not put how much iv'e spent on it in case our lass see's it. Shocked

nah it's not for sale unless i get another project,but you can take for a ride no prob.

Who says i will come back with m8 lol. party

yes oil cooler has a mesh cover need to get some more for the rad.its on my list which somehow does'ent seem to get shorter. Rolling Eyes

Very nice work, i haven't got the vision for anything more than some pro bolt lol thumbs

bit more progress got some stainless exhaust pipe sections,and some parts i have had made,caps for forks and thermostat housing

my wife thinks these look like salt and pepper pots Rolling Eyes

i had my choke and throttle cables extended,unfortunately they will have to go back for some alterations as they are not up to scratch.

the battery on this is the origonal obviously it does not fit under the seat hump i will be getting a small case lypo battery as theres not much room plus they much lighter fecking exspensive though Sad anyway getting there slowly hope to finish it this summer all being well.
c
caps in the forks will look better when i paint them black
also got a nice billet exspansion bottle

thermostat fits under tank waiting for a hose joiner to arrive then i can fill with coolant
link pipe done also made a exhaust hanger out of some old head bolts and flat washers

some of you might like this next bit or maybe not confused

did you spot the micro camera, i'm not putting mirrors on this bike so fitting a rear view camera and moniter

thats the view looking back along the side of my house,wired into ignition feed so it comes on when you start bike.

@madcarper wrote:
bit more progress got some stainless exhaust pipe sections,and some parts i have had made,caps for forks and thermostat housing

my wife thinks these look like salt and pepper pots Rolling Eyes

i had my choke and throttle cables extended,unfortunately they will have to go back for some alterations as they are not up to scratch.

the battery on this is the origonal obviously it does not fit under the seat hump i will be getting a small case lypo battery as theres not much room plus they much lighter fecking exspensive though Sad anyway getting there slowly hope to finish it this summer all being well.
c
caps in the forks will look better when i paint them black
also got a nice billet exspansion bottle

thermostat fits under tank waiting for a hose joiner to arrive then i can fill with coolant
link pipe done also made a exhaust hanger out of some old head bolts and flat washers

some of you might like this next bit or maybe not confused

did you spot the micro camera, i'm not putting mirrors on this bike so fitting a rear view camera and moniter

thats the view looking back along the side of my house,wired into ignition feed so it comes on when you start bike.

good idea mate as long as it doesnt distract you thumbs

You can make a bike for me any day of the week , i just love it lots will think its just a bike but the hours and hours you have put into that to get it like that , i know from what i have done very well done thumbsthumbs

thats spot on ian,i think its got a slight b kingish stance to it i also like the camera Very Happy a lot of work gone into it m8 thumbs
just noticed the rear tyre , id be tempted to fit a 180/55 over the 170 thumbs

Brilliant job. Look forward to seeing it in 'the flesh' thumbsthumbs

@madsod wrote:
You can make a bike for me any day of the week , i just love it lots will think its just a bike but the hours and hours you have put into that to get it like that , i know from what i have done very well done thumbsthumbs

thanks m8 its comments like this that drive me on cos i have had moments over the past 2.5 years i've been on with this when i thought why am i doing this.
regarding the tyres dick i will be fitting new rubber when its done these are the tyres that were on when i bought it of course i will be burning the rear up first Twisted Evil

hopefully see the bike up hartside sometime ian thumbs
yep thought those were the originals m8 thumbs

its even got a bit of mining heritage built in to it as well cos the ally plate i gave you was from the c pit cage side from wearmouth colliery thumbs

@madcarper wrote:
@madsod wrote:

thanks m8 its comments like this that drive me on cos i have had moments over the past 2.5 years i've been on with this when i thought why am i doing this.
regarding the tyres dick i will be fitting new rubber when its done these are the tyres that were on when i bought it of course i will be burning the rear up first Twisted Evil

or you could sell them to me for my brother Ian, although burning them up does sound more fun!! Twisted Evil

Great work ian,like the rear veiw camera idea keep up the good work thumbs

@madcarper wrote:
@madsod wrote:

or you could sell them to me for my brother Ian, although burning them up does sound more fun!! Twisted Evil

will see mike it would be a shame to wreck the rear as its got a lot of life in it,the fronts ok too.
was hoping to get the motor running today but got a problem with my throttle cables even though i have had them lengthened and then altered again i have no freeplay so need to get one cable adjusted in length again head bang .got a stage one dynojet kit to fit but want to make sure the full power carbs i got will run without the kit first then i will stip them and fit kit.ordered a k and n filter last week but the company i bought online off sent me email saying they did not have one even though they did when i ordered it,so got a refund and ordered off another company i paid extra for express postage to recieve by sat, guese what no fecking delivery head bang apparently in there smallprint you got to allow 2 days to dispatch not very fecking express that, is it.barstewards.frustrating this bike building mallarky.

Perfection takes times ian. Once finished she will turn a lot of heads.

Been trying to get up and see u but this weather is shit.

@haveugot1 wrote:

Giz a shout before you go Mark, be good to have a ride up again. Wish I had half your skills Ian the bike is looking amazing! thumbsthumbs

be worth it in the end ian,looks stunning so far m8 thumbsthumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

Giz a shout before you go Mark, be good to have a ride up again. Wish I had half your skills Ian the bike is looking amazing! thumbsthumbs

Will have a look up sun if ya like mike. Thats if ians in.

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

I should be in m8,sunday is the only time I get to work on the bike plus the bandit needs a new tyre and I doubt I will have a chance to sort it this week.

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

Cheers Mark, won't find out what im on Sunday until this Friday so will let you know! thumbsthumbs

wow what a stunning piece of kit some hours gone into that thumbs