Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rickburnout666

30 year old XT250 now a WRXT 350X StupidMoto Build By me & Sponsored by Fleabay

Just hope it will be a nice one if i ever get the thing finished, its a pain in tha arris trying to get all the parts i want & need, but it keeps me busy (& insane) twist as they say Rome wasn't built in a day, but i bet it didn't take this long ?? oh well i ain't got bugger all else to do

Finally got the main part of the frame jig sorted, just got to cut a few brackets & get the conical head set brackets made, gotta wait about 10 days for the guy with the lathe
to make them

getting powder coating off wheels is usually a problem without a sandblaster but found some good suff in the quid & 99p stores that makes life so much easier also found on ebay but a lot dearer
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graffiti-Remover-Spray-Can-300ml-Removes-Spray-Paint-Chewing-Gum-More-552424-/150850871598?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ&hash=item231f69a12e#ht_500wt_1180
well a couple of squirts of it & left it overnight to work, says irritant on the can, what it should say is Kin Caustic, melted my friends rubber gloves, so use goggles when spraying the stuff, in the morning the stuff had become inert (dont melt or sting or any other nasty stuff it did when it was sprayed, the powder coating just peeled off the wheel

Just got to find something to get the bionic spray off the flywheel & sprocket case, even this stuff don't do much to it & its over 1.5mm of many layers of paint, it gets loosened a bit by that spray & slowly comes off with a spinning wire brush on my drill

Slow build even slower than expected, well it didn't get finished by April this year as i hoped, so maybe next April ?????

Not much happening but did get some tools to help with the build, got a new and unused pipe bender with formers for 15 quid, was going to cost 20 but they guy couldn't find the hydraulic pump handle, but a trolley jack handle does the trick, this will be used to make my exhaust link pipe and bend the downpipes (not the one in the picture but the same as) thumbs

Also got a mig welder for 15 quid, handy for the light work i need to do if the arc starts blowing holes everywhere, or maybe that's just my shite welding (probably)

youve had a right tickle there mate cos them benders are £100 thumbs i would fill the pipes with sand before bending though cos exhaust pipe is a bit thin walled and may kink otherwise

Stan I got that covered already I have a nice big supply of sand in my garage & learned the sand trick many years ago when making model car,boats & copter exhausts. Already got some work lined up to do with it so that's it & the welder paid for Very Happy I do love a bargain that pays for itself thumbs

Things are moving very slowly as per usual, But have been given a good supply of stainless & steel nuts & bolts to help the build

Plus got hold of some RFX fork bleeders to speed things up when changes are needed & made

But fitting them i need to change the bar risers as the Renthals pass right above the top of the forks where the bleeders stick out so, i need some SV650 or similar risers that are angled like the SV650 ones pictured

so if you have any please let me know !?
Nearly forgot, I got some steel box section to make the new frame top tube, this has got to be cut, then slotted into place, then welded , them have the rest of the frame work made, bent then welded to that, so i should be busy for a while when i get my arse into gear !!

And last but not least got the rear wheel clear of the powder coating, now ready to get sprayed white, but would look good polished, but i cant be arsed with all that polishing stuff, plus that would mean i got to strip the front wheel down too, but that just needs etching before the spray job

And flywheel cleared of 5 million layers of bionic paint

Thats all for now thumbs

whats the story with the back wheel nice and smooth on the sprocket side and bloody awfull on the brake disc side see all the casting ribs ,must have been a right ballache to prep that.

The other side of the wheel has covers that go over the nasty looking stuff, so will look nice & smooth when it all goes back together......sometime in the next decade

What did u strip the wheels back with? i want to get mine sprayed at xmas but theres a lot of paint.

cost 99p or a quid in the cheap shops if you can find it, but wear goggles & gloves because it only says irritant on the cans but its a bit more than irritant Sad leave it on over night and its ok to touch it the next day, and the powder coating just peels off thumbs

Tried getting some naked SV650 angled bar risers & virago 535 ones but they all went for shed loads of pennies more than i had or wanted to pay, so after posting want ads on most of the bike sites on FaceAche, I managed to track down some angled risers apparently off a Fazer 600 ?

if you think or know they are off something else let me know, Thanx
Now i can fit the RFX quick fork bleeders without them hitting the renthals
The straight Anodized Orange/Red Billet ones i had fitted on the Aprilia yokes got De-Anodized using my special formuler got polished & buffed to a near mirror finish they are now for sale & fitted with all new bolts & allen bolts (allen bolts need a little trimming) these would look great on a custom or polished street farters yokes

Let me know if you are interested in the risers
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230855085840?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649