Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

Chads Bandit strip down

thanx. tell ya what masking discs is a pain! their round, tapes straight.

but the font have the round expander bits on their terrible to mask off.

when i done my disc got a bit of cardboard , and a dinner plate for a template cut round this done the same for the inside , and then just a bit of tape on the back of the disc , used it for all of them . nice job all the same thumbs

chad what you want is some fine line tape about 5mm it can be applied to akward shapes easier than masking tape,as its great for curves and does not tear plus it tends not to pull on the paint when you remove unlike masking tape.

Well disapointed with paint anyway, need a heater, would a powerfin heater give off toxic fumes?

do what im doing chad, get a little electric heater, doesnt give off any fumes, heats up fast and will keep the room up to temp. I wouldn't recommend spraying in the bath.. aparently parents can get a bit funny with that scratch Just remember, about 20*C is ideal for drying paint without it bubbling or leaving holes Smile

@fr499y wrote:
do what im doing chad, get a little electric heater, doesnt give off any fumes, heats up fast and will keep the room up to temp. I wouldn't recommend spraying in the bath.. aparently parents can get a bit funny with that scratch Just remember, about 20*C is ideal for drying paint without it bubbling or leaving holes Smile

Dad won't let me use the electric , tight censored even offerd to pay for the electric I use

Well disapointed with paint anyway, need a heater, would a powerfin heater give off toxic fumes?

paraffin gives off fumes and can cause condensation m8 thumbs just put the heater on when your dad crashes thumbs

13 degreese outside and pain is a min of 15 so thought id give it a pop as would be bit warmer in garage.

so i sanded back dodgy bits on first coats, but the second coats or sides ive done before we have company have come out really nice!! no need for a heater today, plus think the sanded first coats have helped it bond. thumbs

good weather for it chad its 18c up here thumbs dont forget pics m8 thumbs

ask them to leave chad,and just remind them how rude it is to come round,when your tinkering with the bike lol!

@lee wrote:
ask them to leave chad,and just remind them how rude it is to come round,when your tinkering with the bike lol!

they were invited by the pairents. and theior in and out garage for beer so can do spraying in there, would gas them out Laughing

@lee wrote:

they were invited by the pairents. and theior in and out garage for beer so can do spraying in there, would gas them out Laughing

gas them out chad so ya can work on the bike LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

@lee wrote:
@lee wrote:

turn the gas bottle on with no flame? drag them out then clear the air Twisted Evil

@lee wrote:
@lee wrote:

turn the gas bottle on with no flame? drag them out then clear the air Twisted Evil
lol! keep up the work mate

also wet and dry semi polished my foot hanger today, will get to you on that soon mate, almost got my road tax money to the side then scoot bits i sell after that is for bike banana

sorry about not updating this, but the bike is sold. however i will show you rpgress as im pretty much sticking to same thing.

everythings sprayed except engine covers. swingarms on, forks on, yokes, clocks etc, egines all plumed in, carbs/airbox are on but im struiggelinbg to push them all way on on my own, same with picking it up to do wheels, as no room for paddock stands so thinking fo piutting wheels on while its layed down and then pick it up perhaps. if not wait for dad to get in from work tmoz so we can pick up a side each and put it on the axle stands.

still when i get a hornet, i will do an ongoing project.

wana go up to 1500 and found one for 1100 bit smashed, but in west yorkshire but mate will run me up in his pickup for £140 so result. its got an akapovic, braided lines, red chain, cvhrome rad covers, and a top box rack, id take that off but keep it around for going up to you guys as it would be handy for that. thumbs

not got many up to date ones but got some from a couple of days ago ill upload them quick

front end

when i was spraying swing arm etc but its on now. lot more together now fell crap but wana get it done asap!

also josh dropped his bike at college, made us laugh as he did too, just found it in the rumage of pics

Looking good chad, As Stue said when the Hornet coming thumbs

whens it coming?

once this ones gone. found one i like just need this gone asap. but im selling loads what i can find to raise the budget

Looking good chad, As Stue said when the Hornet coming thumbs

whens it coming?

once this ones gone. found one i like just need this gone asap. but im selling loads what i can find to raise the budget
One step at a time mate thumbs

few cock ups today but i wont go into detail!!

fresh wheel tape, and cleaned up wheels

rear wheel on

plumbed in

bit of polishing bit dull but smooth as a shiney, but was all done by hand, when their on bike ill get drill bit on them

excuse garage mess. once front wheel on ill get biker out, clear up then wheel it back it thumbs

Good progress on bike today. Front wheel on. Forks lowered, rear brake on, torque arm. Heel plates, New front sprocket (thanx micky), New chain, pegs, rear master cylinder, neutral switch has new sensor as I lost the old, clutch rod, coverm cable all on, and chain guard all on.

well happy today, loads done

downs polished and on, heel plates polished better, under tray on, battery box on, engine covers polished and preped for pain around the, polish air bot bolted on, carbs on correct, some electricals on,

almost there Smile

didnt get many pics sorry, but here what we got

also had a hand from ash today, nice one mate cheers for the help, thumbs

my semi polished covber this is with just wet and dry no polish yet, and only doing middle oters are rough as their guna be black.

downs on

mudguard on

forgot to get pics after. except ash and his proud little polishing moment Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
good work Chad , but what have you done to Ash ? affraid

Where to start Dave ?
He chucked paint stripper down me, chucked a few sharp objects and his bike parts at me, left me holding this bike up while he messed about with the front wheel haha. Then, almost run me over when he dropped me home! haha.

forgot to get pics after. except ash and his proud little polishing moment Laughing
[/quote]
what you sat on Ashley???????????????

ITCHY wrote:

what you sat on Ashley???????????????[/quote]

the floor?

and i ddint mean to ash im sorry! and you shat it when i revved the car