Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

bike pic of the month (chat)

Thx Dave, taken at Rugard lake tday, was a good mini ride out. thumbs

All I want to know is how the f censored k do you get the bike so f censored n clean !!!!! angryscratchscratchconfusedconfusedconfused

Any chance of running a few classes and passing on a few trade secrets? I reckon between you, Lee, Pike and Stue you'd make a fortune thumbsLaughingthumbsLaughing

Took one of mine at Richmond, that's my Dads next to it, and it doesn't look anywhere near as "clean" as Robs. Mind you, I did ride mine along the Amazon river on Sunday!?!?! foflfoflfofl At least it felt like I did rain2surrender

lol! When you have been banned to the garage as many times as I have polishing just comes second nature, ... That and the fact I only ride in rain if I'm caught out in it helps a bit too... thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Was that pic taken at richmond mike?

It was mate. Had a quick run up there this morning. Just to see what it's like to ride in the dry foflfofl

lol! When you have been banned to the garage as many times as I have polishing just comes second nature, ... That and the fact I only ride in rain if I'm caught out in it helps a bit too... thumbs

Works for me, you can have the swing arm to do thumbsfoflfofl

Congrats on the win Jezza thumbsthumbs

Looks like this years calendar shoudl be a cracker!! bananabanana

But then would be a bit difficult to fit the photos into Shockedfoflcheersfofl

wahey , the 1st time I've ever came first ......Well apart from last night when i was working the magic with the other half Embarassed

anyhow thanks people .

@jezza wrote:
wahey , the 1st time I've ever came first ......Well apart from last night when i was working the magic with the other half Embarassed

anyhow thanks people .
sorry jez still second, i had been round while you was at work ShockedShocked

could have done the decorating for me cos its just about getting on my effin tits now censored

@jezza wrote:
could have done the decorating for me cos its just about getting on my effin tits now censored
v funny you are a censored , good job we can laugh m8 thumbs why dont you come over here one week end there is a bed for you both , and we can have a few pint

@Davehutch wrote:
@jezza wrote:
v funny you are a censored , good job we can laugh m8 thumbs why dont you come over here one week end there is a bed for you both , and we can have a few pint

we shall do that , got a few busy weeks coming up at the moment but once all clear we shall arrange something.

@jezza wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@jezza wrote:

we shall do that , got a few busy weeks coming up at the moment but once all clear we shall arrange something.
nice 1 m8 thumbs

Hardest month yet to pick one I reckon - the number and standards are getting better every month. Not a poor photo amongst them, but they all have some little thing or other stopping them being perfect. ( I always choose on the photo, rather than whether I like the bike, IYSWIM)

So, the way I see it is this (just thinking out loud) the one thing that detracts from them is:
Trebor - The fence in the backround
BanditMike - Not quite enough bike in the shot
Sweban - Don't think the angle of the bike works
Goferit - Weeds or whatever behind the bike
ptolemyx - Bit of a bare background for summer
Dick65 - Gloves and lid spoil it a bit
fr499y - Most 'summery' but *looks* like a bit too much post-processing [1]
finger - 3 feet to the right so just the hedge in the background would have been ace
haveugot1 - That shiny bit of chrome!

Please don't get the hump fellas, this is just my two penneth worth and just the way I look at it - I'm not a pro or an art afficiando (mainly because I think that Tracey Emin's stuff is a pile of censored . Anyway, this is the chat thread, so owt that sparks a bit of debate is good, yeah?

What I would like to round off with is a big 'thank you' to everyone that entered in June - it's clear that you all made a big effort and everyone this month should feel that they have a great chance of winning.

[1] Apologies if that's straight out of the camera dude.

Will take some pondering this.

nice one macie good tips taken on board m8 thumbsthumbs

Very true Macie thumbs good points made there im sure noone will take offense thumbsthumbs

wish i could post photos ill try and get one of me lads to take some of the busa and the bandit and put them on here cos i want to be in next years calendar hide

@Stue11 wrote:
Very true Macie thumbs good points made there im sure noone will take offense thumbsthumbs

agree . I'll see what I can do for the next one thumbsVery Happy

Heh, cheers chaps, I know from doing the Round Britain Rally for a few years just how hard it is to get that really spot on shot - out of 50 - 70 landmarks a year I managed 2 or 3 pics that I though were really good, because there was always something amiss (usually rain on the lense for every one in Scotland!) Laughing

well guys im going to be posting a pic later when someone with brains comes in ive taken all on board about photography and backgrounds and i think its a contender thumbs

well guys im going to be posting a pic later when someone with brains comes in ive taken all on board about photography and backgrounds and i think its a contender thumbs
we will soon let you know hidelol!

Thanks for the comments Macie. I'm personally a very keen landscape photographer and have some truly stunning shots in my portfolio including some very summery pictures. I just couldn't get that summery feeling at any time this June when out on the bike. I'll try for some thing "torrential" for July though cheers

Old and Disgraceful bike2

@ptolemyx wrote:
I just couldn't get that summery feeling at any time this June when out on the bike. I'll try for some thing "torrential" for July though cheers

Aint that the truth! Hmmm, July - gotta be some more hail around!

@Macie_UK wrote:

fr499y - Most 'summery' but *looks* like a bit too much post-processing [1]
[1] Apologies if that's straight out of the camera dude.

Will take some pondering this.

It's Fine mate. Got the original pic so if it does win can send that one instead Laughing

Although there wasn't much done to the picture Cool