Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

sv650 on going project

@haveugot1 wrote:
She's looking well chad, dont know what the the old bill arae like down near you but they let it slide up here, so got a small plate thumbs

depends on copper been pulled 4 times, once as a groups

1st, he said i was rasceing but i want, all cos my mate blasted off the long was and i cruised to the shortcut way, he was quite rude about it, but gave me a warning i ddint deserve,

2ndly being too noisey, near a funeralm, i wasnt noisey hes a local biker cop who picks on smaller bikes as was on my 50, he nods at me on the 600.

3rd was speeeding just a nice warning

so not to bad more talk tos except hasting

out group got pulled liams l plate had snaped luke didnt have any, both go 3 points, and he had a right go, but liamk you could se where it snapped but he wouldnt havge it. so i think it depends on the copper
yes it does depend on the police chad,but why give them a reason to pull you

in 9 years ive only been pulled once,and it was for a small plate

if I didnt have that small plate I wouldnt have been pulled,its not just how small the plate is

its the size of the lettering spaces between them ect ect £60 in my pocket is better than £60 in theres thumbs

@lee wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
She's looking well chad, dont know what the the old bill arae like down near you but they let it slide up here, so got a small plate thumbs

depends on copper been pulled 4 times, once as a groups

1st, he said i was rasceing but i want, all cos my mate blasted off the long was and i cruised to the shortcut way, he was quite rude about it, but gave me a warning i ddint deserve,

2ndly being too noisey, near a funeralm, i wasnt noisey hes a local biker cop who picks on smaller bikes as was on my 50, he nods at me on the 600.

3rd was speeeding just a nice warning

so not to bad more talk tos except hasting

out group got pulled liams l plate had snaped luke didnt have any, both go 3 points, and he had a right go, but liamk you could se where it snapped but he wouldnt havge it. so i think it depends on the copper
yes it does depend on the police chad,but why give them a reason to pull you

in 9 years ive only been pulled once,and it was for a small plate

if I didnt have that small plate I wouldnt have been pulled,its not just how small the plate is

its the size of the lettering spaces between them ect ect £60 in my pocket is better than £60 in theres thumbs
agree exactly right lee thumbs ive got a standard bike now and i like it like that,if you want to take the chance thats up to you chad you might get a warning,.....but think what you could do with £60 thumbs

problem is big plate would catch on the wheel over a big bump, and does look stupid big.
How big is the plate you have on now chad

it doesnt look to small,but you have said you made the letters smaller

thats were it goes wrong,anpr cant read it

@lee wrote:
problem is big plate would catch on the wheel over a big bump, and does look stupid big.

It came with bike, ill get comparison pic tmoz. But this has caught wheel before let alone normal size

@lee wrote:

It came with bike, ill get comparison pic tmoz. But this has caught wheel before let alone normal size

I just had another look at the pic, reckon you are asking for trouble there Chad, looks good but is it worth a £60 fine and you would still have to put a bigger one on

i dont think the cops would do you for that plate chad it looks alright to me salute

Dont listen Chad he wants to collect the reward Suspect

Bike looks good Chad. thumbsthumbs Got much left to do, or just some tinkering to get it how you want it?

okay started to polish forks as here

then used buffing wheel and they were like a mirror. however i then went to laquer them and it reacted with the ally and went nasty and faded, i got so peaed i sprayed them. i didnt used normal silver but theied this alinium coat paint coes out an ally colour, looks real nice when wet out the cam, and should clean up nicer, pics dont give it justice. but it will do for now

the dust seals were horrid

so put new ones on with a rubber fork guard. look bit smarter and should protect fromn any stone chips.

i had a misthap with the renthal bars, they were to wide, so choped them, yes i took too much off, kept them as a speaer set in the future

but i had some drag bars kicking about so sprayed them with that ally paint as gave them a craqck and im quite please, still want to chanfge them later on thou

wheel almost clean before it went back on

today im now going to rebuild the front brakes, someones not herd of copper grease andf they need some luvin. guess that why i ngot bike cheap just from sitting these things get mucky. but alost done, just cleaning now and its ready to go on the road thumbsparty

Going to look well chad,you found out the hard way then,you cant lacquer polished alloy
SadSad

Im waiting to get to the powder coaters with some stuff as the guy reckons he can clear coat polished alloy

will see what happens

and did you know a mirror finish should reflect an image Very HappyVery Happy

like this
[img][/img]

10/10 for your efforts though,as ive said if ya ever need to know anything just ask thumbsthumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
Going to look well chad,you found out the hard way then,you cant lacquer polished alloy
SadSad

Im waiting to get to the powder coaters with some stuff as the guy reckons he can clear coat polished alloy

will see what happens

and did you know a mirror finish should reflect an image Very HappyVery Happy

like this
[img][/img]

10/10 for your efforts though,as ive said if ya ever need to know anything just ask thumbsthumbsthumbs

really!! wish people wouldnt bullsh*te and say that you have to laquer it. oh well. i ddint really wana polish nthis bike much anyway. and they came up like a mirror, got a bussing pad on a drill, put it on the plugged drill on high speed, canme up well nice thumbs

also brakes are seized! :censored: well annoyed guna be a long day trying to get these apart
sure you will sort it chad thumbs just a shame your so far away,or I would help ya out thumbs

@lee wrote:
also brakes are seized! :censored: well annoyed guna be a long day trying to get these apart
sure you will sort it chad thumbs just a shame your so far away,or I would help ya out thumbs

cheers mate guna pop local bike shop see how much new set of pads are while im there, and get some copper washers. someones oput brakes back togetther with no cooper grease tits!

@mart13 wrote:
i do fancy having a sv , whats the 650 like ?

to be fair i couldnt rate at the monment, ive only tested it quickly. it pulled real nice and i like it, its nice to work on to the bandit, alot eaier, and made more use friendly, and sound awsome. i will keep you up top day once its on the road. or if you come souther meet, maybe have a little go Wink

After doing a good few miles on the wife's mk1 sv650 very nice bike does it all very well , one fault after come of four's for year's i found the power is very on off the mk2 with fuel injection is a much better bike ,

@madsod wrote:
After doing a good few miles on the wife's mk1 sv650 very nice bike does it all very well , one fault after come of four's for year's i found the power is very on off the mk2 with fuel injection is a much better bike ,

And the twin sparked model ( 06 on ) is even better Wink

brakes still seized, didnt get time to get heat on them thou Sad
i think i might have some spare front parts of the wife's old sv , pm me your address , f.o. c to you thumbs

@madsod wrote:
i think i might have some spare front parts of the wife's old sv , pm me your address , f.o. c to you thumbs
you sure mate ill pm ya now

@madsod wrote:
yes im sure thumbsthumbs

@madsod wrote:
@madsod wrote:
yes im sure thumbsthumbs

Thats whats its all about what a good forum we have nice one madsod thumbsthumbs

thanx mate Smile i owe you one thumbs

want some stickers? Laughing

if you like that will be nice i will put my address in the box
thumbsthumbs

update, dad gave me a hand as i used heat and nout, in end cracked the pins off, they were dicusting,

so i cleaned them up and where the tipes were bit squished from theying to get them out, ive re-shaped them. now a perfetc fit, and been shaped nicely got a good ridge again,. not in yet as waitinjg for new brake pads to arrive got a full set of goldfren sintherd (cant spell) for £34 posted. so ill regreals etc then.

found out even thou its a clean bike that it was someones hack last winter thats why the front was bit nasty but back was very clean i think, just means a lot of cleaning. but where its been sitting since april the front brake pistons were stuck, so, cleaned up, freed them off bled brakes and they move nicely now, but i will keeop and eye as if they stick ill replace the seals.

also the number plate issue, thios is the size difference

but then it doent look that snmall on the bike, maybe not sit next to anyone with a full size plate

thats the rear mate, havent seen rear yet looks really clean, think its just where it has salt up front. but once brakes are done it looks like its never seen salt. when ive been quoted £35 for pair of pins Sad

ive just refurbished my calipers chad there like new Very Happy a satisfying job thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
ive just refurbished my calipers chad there like new Very Happy a satisfying job thumbsthumbs

yeah afrter pins were cleaned, the pistons moved uneven etc, and stuck alot. so pushed them out alot, good clean, and they move as they should. think it was just from sitting they were bit sticky
thumbs

is the large plate a proper bike plate? as i've seen some bike plates sold that are in fact the square CAR plates ( few inches bigger! )

@fr499y wrote:
is the large plate a proper bike plate? as i've seen some bike plates sold that are in fact the square CAR plates ( few inches bigger! )
your spot on there think mine is a car plate as its larger than a bike plate

the only benefit I can see from having this plate,take it off at bike meets and use it as a tray,reckon I could get 12 cups of tea on it LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

those pins are well shot chad get some new ones when funds allow thumbsthumbs

good to see your giving the bike a good fettling thumbsthumbsthumbs

chad if the sv rear calipers the same as the bandit 6 one ive got some clean pistons if you ever need them f.o.c. thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
chad if the sv rear calipers the same as the bandit 6 one ive got some clean pistons if you ever need them f.o.c. thumbs

Okay thanx disc back brakes very good front was one to play up thumbs

Tell lie 35 quid a side Sad the pins look fine now cleaned right up

okay update time!

first in 3 weeks been very side tracked.

first cash was short waititng for parts, then car broke and was under that a lot, yesterday it was damp, but today i got working on it thumbs

tell a lie i sprayed the discs yesterday, did them in ally coat like the forks. love this stuff it gets fingerproints easy but cleans up with a wipe, and if yu chup it you can spray a secion and you wont see where its been touched up it blends itself in.

yes in a tree it was warm enough to be out

end result of paint

speedo rotor broke, and this cost me £27 from suzuki Sad

wheel lined up

back on with the brakes that work great Smile

new bar ends with the renthals the oprigonal suzuki ones were too wide.so got some mini ones

started to clean exhaust and shock, but shock will be easier with wheel and plash guards off (next thing to do

back to bed now

like to say bit thankyou to lee for the discs you are a life saver!

and the bike is ready to go noew, just got to put the new rear brake pads on, so it will just be cleaning till its on the road, and seeing as cant se3ll the belly pan my chop it up to fit! thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
chad want a little can on it? :P

I would but want to insure it more

And cheers guys

hehe, well i'll keep one aside so when we go for this ride out this year i can stuff it in a bag and bring it down ( never know, might even give ya it )

Nice one chad looking well,glad I could help ya out mate

well that goes for anyone thumbsthumbs