Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

2013 forum camping/rideout weekend (CHAT)

[quote="ptolemyx"]Does anyone have room in their tent for an old'un and his sleeping bag???????

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 [/quote

Might even have a spare tent yet.

Given it's coming ever closer, just need to check on timings etc. Travelling from the distant and freezing north where men are men and woman are worse  Shocked  Shocked   Shocked   we have:

Ian (Lead Scout  salute   salute )
Mark
Mike (Gravelrash)
Tabzy (james) ? ?
Banditmike
Skelly ? ?

Heading to meet Dick at Scotch Corner.

It's about 2 hours down to the Water Sports Centre. So we heading out about 13:00-13:30, meet Dick en-route and then straight to Nottingham? That should get us there for around 16:00 (if not before Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil ). Pitch tent, change then a quick few drinks before bed and the Ride-out.

Any other thoughts? confused

should take me an hour and a bit to get to scotch corner services, I can't check into my room till 4 so that sounds good thumbs we having a break/fill up on the way down?

Given it's coming ever closer, just need to check on timings etc. Travelling from the distant and freezing north where men are men and woman are worse  Shocked  Shocked   Shocked   we have:

Ian (Lead Scout  salute   salute )
Mark
Mike (Gravelrash)
Tabzy (james) ? ?
Banditmike
Skelly ? ?

Heading to meet Dick at Scotch Corner.

It's about 2 hours down to the Water Sports Centre. So we heading out about 13:00-13:30, meet Dick en-route and then straight to Nottingham? That should get us there for around 16:00 (if not before Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil ). Pitch tent, change then a quick few drinks before bed and the Ride-out.

Any other thoughts? confused

Sounds fine Mike and Skelly will be with us thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
should take me an hour and a bit to get to scotch corner services, I can't check into my room till 4 so that sounds good thumbs we having a break/fill up on the way down?

Will need more than a couple of stops Dick if today's ride is anything to go by I feel like I need a wheelchair at the moment!  Laughing

where you been mike? Laughing
stoppings all part of the journey thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:

Just through to Rufforth auto jumble with Mark and Skelly then on to Squires then back via Helmsley.
Stopped to help an old guy on an old 600 Divvy who had run out of fuel took him pillion a couple of miles to get some then back to fill his bike up but wouldn't you know it after 30 secs of turning his bike over the battery went flat!! bloody Yamaha's......... who'd have em! lol! and he covered my seat and pegs in mud! Rolling Eyes anyway was good to help!  thumbs

pmsl a good Samaritan on a bandit or knight in shining leather Very Happy  nice one mike its a funny old world m8 thumbs 

Sure is Dick, but I'd like to think someone would do the same for me if it was needed! thumbs  anyhow I hope you've booked this weather for the ride-out mate! sunny  sunny  thumbs 

im sure they would m8, and ive heard the weather seems settled for 2nd half of the month thumbs party 

@dick65 wrote:
im sure they would m8, and ive heard the weather seems settled for 2nd half of the month thumbs party 

Sounds it mate. The forecast is good until August, which means we should get a ride out this time thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:

Looking at the route, maybe stop at Wetherby then Woodhall or Tibshelf? Depends on how many times people want to stop. I think we'll need at least one stop for fuel, possibly two depending on what people are like.

Dave, put me on the list of attendees. Is anyone else riding up from the southwest/west country (Jezza?) If so I could meet you for the trip to Nott's???

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 

@ptolemyx wrote:
Dave, put me on the list of attendees. Is anyone else riding up from the southwest/west country (Jezza?) If so I could meet you for the trip to Nott's???

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 
nice 1 m8 thumbs 

Looking forward to this, can I ask what cc bikes people are taking, hope I'm not the only 600cc Laughing 

Yammy wrote:
Looking forward to this, can I ask what cc bikes people are taking, hope I'm not the only 600cc Laughing 
it wont be a race Dan , so dont worry , it will be a nice ride through some great country side

Davehutch & mel
smilinjack (rideout only)
Dick
Grumpyowl (rideout only
Mark.
Mike (Gravelrash)
Oldfart (Den) Camp and rideout
Banditmike (camping & rideout)
Skelly (camping & rideout)
ptolemyx (camping &rideout)
jontiger  (camping & rideout)
Dirtydog  (rideout only)
Dave Berry (camping & rideout)
yammy (camping & rideout)
anyone else ??????    I need to let the campsite know and the pub where we are stopping for lunch on the ride

@Davehutch wrote:
only 3 weeks to go guys , and recon the sunny  will be with us

Fingers crossed mate. Looking forward to it thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:
ok then 15 rideout and 11 camping

Do you have any plans for keeping track of the bikes Dave? We did the drop off/marker system on Sunday and it worked pretty well ,even though at times we were quite well separated. Smile 

Change of plan for me im afraid, I can't camp anymore. still up for the rideout though.

Yammy wrote:
Change of plan for me im afraid, I can't camp anymore. still up for the rideout though.

That's a shame Sad but good that you can still make the ride out thumbs thumbs 

@melly wrote:
Yammy wrote:

That's a shame Sad but good that you can still make the ride out  thumbs thumbs 

agree  with Mel. Shame you're not staying over, but at least you're still there for the day  thumbs   thumbs

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Sad Sad   Sorry Change of plans means I can't make the ride out.

Shame mate, would have been good to meet up. Maybe next time.

I look like having to fly to Jersey that week but should be back Friday night. Smile