Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Slight change

@fr499y wrote:
its on Very Happy its quieter than my old 4-2 though.

I'm sure you can resolve that thumbsTwisted Evilthumbs

No baffle, bigger internal dia on the headers/link pipe yet its quiet as hell!! Mind you, i am tempted to slap my carbon can back on Twisted Evil 3" outlet would make some noise with 4-1 straight through headers. Im happy with the way its turned out. Just need to take it for a ride now and see how it runs. According to Akrapovic, the system alone with no other mods will give you a increase from 97BHP to 111BHP at the rear. 14BHP increase and a smoother power delivery sounds like a worth while upgrade Laughing

looks good matt,smooths better than lumpy and hopefully a nice boost in horsepower thumbsthumbs

Nice job mat and nice to see you old bikes in the back ground LaughingLaughing

@madsod wrote:
Nice job mat and nice to see you old bikes in the back ground LaughingLaughing

Old? there my Sunday bikes! Laughing

Got a fair few thousand miles on this bike now, liking it more and more. Latest mod has been the ultra-low renthals and setup the forks. Handles like a dream now! I don't get why people say the xjr doesn't handle. Just like any bike, get the suspension sorted and your on a winner! Bike needs a clean, its a bit dirty in this pic lol

glad your liking it! any othe rnew bikes on the horizion? ive lost trakc of what you now own, thruxton, xjr and honda bros if i belive right?

glad your liking it! any othe rnew bikes on the horizion? ive lost trakc of what you now own, thruxton, xjr and honda bros if i belive right?

No new ones yet. Yeah got the XJR 1300, Thruxton 900 and the NTV 650

Done some work on bike tonight Very Happy fixed the dented can, oh and a pic of the top box i sprayed Laughing

Top box has been sprayed in a BMW sparkling graphite 

And this is what i done tonight. Stubby akrapovic! got rid of the nasty dent in it. Lovely watching sparks fly from the circular saw as it cuts through titanium Very Happy

New sticker is sitting here waiting to go on as well Very Happy

looking good matt,you need a fender extenda to protect them pipes Laughingthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
looking good matt,you need a fender extenda to protect them pipes Laughingthumbs

Not a fan of them but it has crossed my mind! then again so did selling the full akra and going back to a noisy 4-2-2 full stainless Shocked

@madsod wrote:
nice job that

Thanks Smile Credit to my dad though as he done the hard part
( cutting the titanium and trying not to smash his nuckles with the stupidly strong stainless rivits! )

Tried a new exhaust on the xjr. Love the sound, hate the power delivery. The power has gone from down end but rips ya arms off above 5k RPM so all in all, ruins what i love about the xjr. So looks like plan B, get the refurbished akra back on ( new sticker as well ^^, )

Love the sound of this exhaust! Need to get the bike serviced as its a few thousand past its first big one :shock:plus the carbs need balancing!
The video doesn't do the sound of this bike any justice! Ask Dave or Chad lol. Only reving to 4k RPM as i don't wanna piss too many people off

should run better once i get the new headers on and the carbs balanced Laughing such a fun, yet hooligan bike!