Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

2013 Xmas Get-together/ Party

Seems to be minimal interest in this for 2013, given the response so far. Looks like the clash with the NEC show and how early it is has put people off.

It's less than two weeks and the only confirmed attendees are Me and Angela. Our room is booked so we'll be heading there. If anyone else is interested, let me know thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:
really sorry I cant make it m8 Embarassed 

No problem mate  thumbs . We've had basically the same people at the last two years Get-together, so thought we might get a few different ones this year. Still time though    thumbs  thumbs

Looks like I've picked the worst date of the year for this one. There seems to be no real interest but me and Angela will be going anyway, room is booked. We'll be going down earlier for a walk round York during the day, then on to where we are staying. We'll probably look for somewhere close to where we are staying rather than drive all the way back into York on the night.

I'll try and get next years organised a little earlier.

yeah sorry mike I would have thought about it but its not feasible for me with work/ kids /transport as I don't drive m8

sorry mike but I tend not to do xmas parties nowadays, or any kind of party really, I must be getting old Shocked hope you and angela have a nice weekend and spoil yourselves.

@madcarper wrote:
sorry mike but I tend not to do xmas parties nowadays, or any kind of party really, I must be getting old Shocked hope you and angela have a nice weekend and spoil yourselves.

Cheers mate, will do. Looks like it's going to be a romantic weekend away  affraid   affraid   affraid

Had a good time in York last night, well almost in York. Had a wander round York in the afternoon, whereby Angela dealt a small fracas:

Got back to the B&B, cleaned up etc, then out for a bite to eat:

Mine:

Angelas:

At the end:

All in all a good weekend away and a chance to relax and unwind a bit. Can recommend South Newlands Farm. Very hospitable owners, and no apparent problem with bikers or such. Will be going back I think  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs

pleased you had a good week end mike thumbs 
some pie that m8 Laughing 

@dick65 wrote:
pleased you had a good week end mike thumbs 
some pie that m8 Laughing 

Have to agree mate, but technically it's a yorkshire pudding filled with beef (in my case) and vegetables for Angela. Did hit the spot thumbs  thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

As Dick said glad you and Angela had a good time thumbs thumbs  genuinely sorry I couldn't make it Sad Hell of a yorkshire pudding that mate! Shocked Shocked  thumbs

As Dick said glad you and Angela had a good time thumbs thumbs  genuinely sorry I couldn't make it Sad Hell of a yorkshire pudding that mate! Shocked Shocked  thumbs

Cheers mate thumbs . These things happen, not a problem.

When I saw the "large yorkshire pudding" on the menu I was curious. Given the lad on the next table had one, "thought I'll try that" and did  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs   thumbs