Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Dropped the king :(

Bear in mind that even with a costant rate spring your monoshock linkage geometry changes throughout the suspension travel resulting in "rising rate" suspension - i.e. it is progressive to start with, getting stiffer as it nears full compression. (that explains why lowering with longer dog-bones makes the suspension a little softer)

I'd still like to know how the hyperpro spring rate varies through it's normal compression/extension cycle and how that compares with the stock spring - perhaps hyperpro could show us a hysteresis curve for their spring?????

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

Put a 30mm lowering spring on my Trumpet. Worked straight out the box so to speak. Didnt even have to compensate for two up touring apart from stiffening the adjuster a tad. Well chuffed with it. I dont ride fast enough at my age to worry about steering response due to slight change of geometry but my son tried it and said he couldnt really notice any change.

@haveugot1 wrote:
U sure the beefed up would be better m8:hide:.
finger haha dont think i will ever be able to lower the king and take mel and luggage , so the bike was ok before and have managed for the last 18 months or so 8500 miles , But now realise that the standard spring is at its limit with us both on ,but does the job , this will just make it that bit better