Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Legends Roleplay

Chat with The Mistress

On 5/5/2019 at 1:10 AM, Legends Roleplay said:

What's on the menu?  

I had fajitas earlier.

• Thanks 1

I'm Pescatarian so eat alternatives like Quorn. This can be tricky when eating out but I do have a couple of cafes I frequent when having lunch out where I can replace meat with something else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SLGray said:

That looks good.

It's very yummy ❤️ (and organic ? )

7 hours ago, NanDee said:

I'm Pescatarian so eat alternatives like Quorn. This can be tricky when eating out but I do have a couple of cafes I frequent when having lunch out where I can replace meat with something else.

You need an Amy's . They put one in Northern California.  All vegetarian and very delicious!  I can imagine its difficult. We try to raise most of our own meat or buy from ethical farmers.  Seems no matter what, its difficult to find options when out and about.  Mexican food is a great way to avoid meat and just stick with beans. 

• Like 1

I bet the food you can buy at that Amy's is quite a bit more expensive than the normal foods elsewhere. :)

46 minutes ago, NanDee said:

I bet the food you can buy at that Amy's is quite a bit more expensive than the normal foods elsewhere. ?

Actually its not really. I paid almost $6 for chilli cheese fries and at Carls Jr it was $5 plus change. Just a few cents different.  

Do you play PC games?  If yes, which types do you like?

Not really. I used to like flight sims and zoo tycoon.  I don't have time anymore. I usually RP or RPG at a slow pace. My computer time is work and study otherwise.  What about you, SLG?  

Edited by Legends Roleplay

I play games like Zoo Tycoon (1 & 2), Civilization (4 & 5), and Galactic Civilizations (1 & 2).

23 hours ago, Legends Roleplay said:

Actually its not really. I paid almost $6 for chilli cheese fries and at Carls Jr it was $5 plus change. Just a few cents different.  

That doesn't sound too bad. 

I find when I'm doing my weekly shop though - I can pay quite a bit more for vegetarian options. I also find that many shops sell either very few of these options or none at all. We do have a health food shop that sells a wide selection - but they are expensive.

20 hours ago, SLGray said:

Do you play PC games?  If yes, which types do you like?

I don't play them at all.  I am a member at Pogo where there are loads of games to play - but not the kinds you mean.

17 hours ago, SLGray said:

I play games like Zoo Tycoon (1 & 2), Civilization (4 & 5), and Galactic Civilizations (1 & 2).

Nice! ? I have a farm, so my zoo is in my back yard ? and the 2 legged variety in my house. 

2 hours ago, NanDee said:

That doesn't sound too bad. 

I find when I'm doing my weekly shop though - I can pay quite a bit more for vegetarian options. I also find that many shops sell either very few of these options or none at all. We do have a health food shop that sells a wide selection - but they are expensive.

We are fortunate to have options. Though many restaurants it is limited.  For us finding organic thats affordable is difficult, especially for a large family. We do eat meat.  Just not a lot. 

Edited by Legends Roleplay

How is the weather?

Here  it is cold one day and the next it is  warm.  Also it has been rainy lately.

It's been above freezing here. The sun popped out a few times too. We got some nasty freezing rain on Wednesday though. The road conditions were bad, so we got to leave work early. :)

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

It's been above freezing here. The sun popped out a few times too. We got some nasty freezing rain on Wednesday though. The road conditions were bad, so we got to leave work early. 🙂

That's always a little  bonus lol  a bit more time away from work. Stay safe!  Also welcome to the chat!  😍😎

10 hours ago, SLGray said:

How is the weather?

Here  it is cold one day and the next it is  warm.  Also it has been rainy lately.

Ours is cold at night, warm in the day, or windy and cold.  We get odd weather mid winter.  They call it an Indian Summer, whatever that means lol.  But soon everything will freeze again. 

Hows life? 😁

Are you in the southern hemisphere?

Nope. We are up North. We get 2-4 weeks of warm weather mid winter every year. It even hit 82!  Its hard on out fruit trees. They want to bloom, then they freeze again. 

An Indian summer is a period of unseasonably warm, dry weather that sometimes occurs in autumn in Northern America and other temperate regions of the world during late September to November.

Well in Autumn its always over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.  Thats mid summer.  I guess we just have a mutant winter 😂

Our summers here in the midwest are brutal! We typically get barely spring and fall like temperatures here, it usually goes from Winter to a day or so of Spring like weather, then it gets really hot and humid during the summertime. Then we usually get maybe a week or so of fall like weather, then it's freezing again. xD

Almost every type of weather condition is experienced in Texas.

I've been in the Midwest, it is hot. We have all kinds of weather here too, but not so much humidity. I'm  happy about that. 

What do you feel about the fires in Australia?

I feel sad for the wildlife.  Yes, I am also sad for human loses, but the wildlife is being hit the hardest.

• Sad 1

Yes its sad.  Its a huge loss. Plants, animals... entire eco systems.  It effects everyone. Here  it took well over a year before I  saw bees and I plant to accomodate pollinators.  

I am afraid that the fires will start the extinction process for some endangered species in Australia.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, SLGray said:

I am afraid that the fires will start the extinction process for some endangered species in Australia.

It's very possible :(  

Are you keeping track of species information there?  

I have some new reports and Youtube vidoes. 

Edited by SLGray