Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vile

Lust Problems (Adult Topic)

Hmmm...Renewed...I thought about the meaning of the name "Vile" when I first saw it, but didn't say anything. Glad you did!!!!

Blessings

Here is why I chose Vile...

2 Samuel 6:22

(Whole Chapter)

And I will yet be more vile
than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants
which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.

Meaning, I will not have any restrictions on how I worship the Lord. It is a name of how the world sees me, but if getting up and dancing before the Lord with all that I have is insanity and a point for mockery, I would rather be Vile in their sight.

Thanks for clarifying why you chose to use the name
I hope you did not take this in offense.

However the meaning of the name itself was of a concern with me.

If you read jeremiah 20 1-8.
it talks about a name change. Names have meanings, and there are spirts connected to a name.
Vile does not speak of anything holy, righteous, good or speak of things of Heaven. The meaninfg itself speaks of negative, unclean, ungodly.. Your comment reflect on emotions of what you perceived others might think of you on how you worship the Lord. OK!

but attached it to be name you want to be called?

I was only trying to make a suggestion and have you see it another way and very well could be one of the reasons you are struggling in the area of self-gratification. That's all.
It was only done out of love, not contempt. if you took it that way, I apologize.

Renewed

Is that not what we are to the world already? In the eyes who love the world and not God, we are negative, unclean and ungodly.

Gays riot against the Churches, our own President claims we are not a Christian nation in order to appease our enemies, and when the no-tolerance laws arrive where we can not practice the Bible because of the worship of "freedom", we are certainly "ungodly". To those who truly love this world and themselves, I would prefer to be viewed as a vile abomination. To comply to the image our society is putting forth and being beautiful in their sight would not please my God.

I take no offense. Not a lot of people understand why I do things. Though I will admit that my contempt for this world is deep. Deep enough not to really care about some people who desire hell. God may have so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, but if people are stupid enough to keep walking away, I'll let them walk. God loved even Satan enough to give him a place as far away from Him as He could make. People who don't want to understand will never understand unless God hits them over the head with a tack hammer. In order for that to happen, some people need to get bent out of shape.

I'm not sure whether I desire self-sufficiency because I hate the world, or I hate the world because I desire self-sufficiency. I realize myself becoming more extroverted and willing to step out and change the world I live in instead of praying and complaining about it. I've stepped away from Goth because I realized that they are just as much of a social religion as every other "subculture". I prefer the term "non-conformist", and Goth's are all the same no matter what they claim as their religion or music tastes. They alienate everyone but their own kind.

If I never hated the world, though... I would never have the desire to change it to Jesus. I need this loathing of the earthly ways.

I have this... really deep desire and near obsession to help people, though. Everyone around me has to have a happy ending... everyone. I'll have my happy ending with God, I don't want anything. I know that's wrong, though. God loves me too. I love me too, but man... Nothing else matters to me but the happiness of others. I want everything for everyone else. I really don't have anything for me. I don't know why.

Guest Guest
On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
God really Bless you my sister ...I see now and undersatnd what Jesus said: to whom loved more...more is forgiven.
Our God search the heart. when we come to him 2 things are expose our desires and our hearts and we really don't know what we have in it until we found Jesus,
And you found Him!!
You are very brave, despite what you believe,I know the Lord will do mighty things with you,,all at his time
He will show you things to come as much as you allow his spirit to work in your life,
You are not rejected by the Lord ...He is the one talking to your spirit at night ,even when you ignored many times his voice, He was always looking upon you.
Allow his Angels and the Holy spirit to take to the place he wanted to take you .and you will see things speeding up in your life ,trust Him, Jesus. with all your heart.
many torns for those that love.
In your isolation you are seeing the strenght of the Lord..remember the steps of the righteous are ordain by the Lord ,and He approved them.
Jesus is setting you in motion to display his mercy and love for you..soon many will see and will praise the Lord because of you.
Your life will be a testimony for the Glory Of God, our Lord Jesus the Christ.
Do not reject yourself, the Father want to give you the best..
Read Jesus in the Storm...the Key there is at the beggining of the passage for your life..He told them let's go to the other shore.
that is your journey but like them too you are not alone.
He is in your boat.
I know My God See your tears,
He Knows your ways and nothing of you is hidding from him..but I also know that He is healing your soul , soon they will be no more bad habits and the brokeness in your life will be gone ..no more memory of them. He started already..if only for a minute you could not to focus in your situation and look at him ,,,

Guest Guest
Today is a beautiful Morning the Grace of the Lord is upon us
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You
May the Lord be Gracious onto you,May He shine his face upon you.
May He give you according to the desires of your heart
May he give you peace and show you his ways.
Shalom thumbs My Sister.

Ahhhhh... that's a key problem. I'm so self-examinate on figuring out what the problems are that I'm not looking at Jesus. I'm looking at the Storm at the boat and rebuking it because I don't want Jesus to call me on my lack of faith, and I'm not even noticing that He's on board.

Though I will say that it went from a typhoon to a moderate thunderstorm this way. I'm getting tired of rebuking it... maybe I should just let Him do the rest.

Hi I haven't read all the posts here, but i read your first one mainly and I want to encourage you matey that to me it is a normal part of life, however, what we think upon is what we should be monitoring. Tell you what, next time you are "tempted" give it to God and ask Him how to keep your thoughts pure....

There is such debate about whether it is right or wrong in christian circles and all I can say is that I believe I would have married the wrong guy had i not done it....

You see so many people get married out of sexual frustration these days when they have nothing much else in common but sex and perhaps this is why so many marriages in the church end up in divorce. Who can say for sure?

Just be honest with God and give your desires to Him and watch how he will keep you from going down the wrong track with your mind.

That is my encouragment to you mate. You have been so honest here with us, have you tried being honest in front of Jesus during those times? He is everywhere hey so He knows you are doing it!

The enemy for some reason likes to pervert sex and maybe the reason you are turning to masturbation so much is because you crave intimacy and love???

The movies make out that sex is all a lead up to intimacy these days and well, it is part of it in marriage but not as much as a walk in the park together or a swim in the ocean, a nice long face to face chat, or even a non sexual massage. WE are creatures of touch and crave connection with others..........maybe there are some non- sexual ways you can receive comfort and intimacy for you matey.

Pray about this, I have been as open as I can be and if this does not resonate with you, please ignore what I have said.

Bless you so much for I know the struggle you are facing more than you will ever know! :cute:

oh no i have read some of the other posts, please don't be offended by what i have written and go to God with all I have said!

This is my firm belief, however I know it will contradict others and may offend.

So please all forgive me if I have offended you with my opinion in this very sensitive matter.

Hey, I appreciate your point of view. I'm not offended at all. I've done that sometimes when I don't read through something posted and give my opinion on the first few. *LOL*

I know it has to do with my desire for intimacy, but the roadblock I've had was that A) I want everyone else to be happy and leave no room for myself and B) I really don't know how to throw it all into the arms of someone else. I'm an insanely independant person and don't like people taking care of me. It's just a defense mechanism that I've built over the years.

Ironicly, when I do go that route, it's always to please my husband. I want him to have the time of his life whether he's going through hard times, or just wants to play around. My pleasure isn't so much derived from the touch, but imagining him happy. I'm like that with guys. Some of my guyfriends are really physically attractive, but their personality isn't sexy to me. On the other end, I have guyfriends with a beautiful soul that I have to guard my mind against.

I guess the reason I can be so open to you people is because you all don't really know me outside the forums... I know you can't use this against me at the church I go to. Sad to think that way, but hey.

that is totally understandable. I hope and pray that you find peace with this issue.

If you are imagining your future husband and thinking of men and placing them in your mind, then maybe you need to give this up to the Lord. Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself above the Lord and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. I need to do this too.

WE can win this fight and get victory in His name.

This forum is good for anonymity.

But sometimes it pays to confess your thoughts to someone in leadership in the physical too..........

Bless you,

Claire

I've confessed it to some people already... I think I'm finally getting through this because it's like... I really don't care anymore. It's a good thing, but I'm just finding sleep for a change.

you've mentioned some good points clarie! I think that it IS absolutely necessary to talk to a pastor or leader you can trust with sensitive issues as this!

Guest Guest
Hello! I haven't read all of the comments here so if I repeat anything that others have said I aplogize ahead of time.

I'm going to say something here that others may not agree with, but I have known other people who have dealt with the same issues that you're talking about and this is what has worked for them. First of all I want to say that there is absolutely no scripture in the bible that directly references masturbation and names it as a sin. HOWEVER, we all have to honor our consciences. If you go against your conscience then your faith is just not going to work. What I am trying to say here is that I don't think that, in and of itself, masturbation is the problem. Although scripture does address "lust" directly, I don't even think that is directly your problem, although you do need to replace those thoughts with "God thoughts." I think the problem is very simple. We are not to be "overcome" by ANYTHING. Why? Because Jesus is Lord and we are to be overcome and consumed ONLY by Him. (1 Corinthians 6:12, "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.) When we yield ourselves and allow something besides God to overtake us then it soon becomes a stronghold, and I think that's why you are waking up in the night finding yourself doing the thing you do not want to do. After a while your flesh becomes trained. God has made our bodies so that we can "train" them and bring them under subjection to the Word of God. Furthermore, anything that we do not do "in faith" is sin. (Romans 14:23, "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.") So to me the problem you are dealing with is simple: you are allowing yourself to be overtaken by something other than God. That tells me you need to draw closer to Him. Now I realize that's easy for me to say. But, on that subject I do have personal experience. A few years ago, I felt the wooing of the Spirit of God to draw more intimately close to Him. He began to deal with me that He desired to be "friends" with me and that friendships had to be built and developed. It took some time and effort, but it worked and I have to tell you it was the greatest time of my life. The way that I did it was I sat down and had quality/quantity quiet time with the Lord each day. I would worship and sing and just love on the Lord. During this time I didn't come and dump all of my problems on Him, I came to talk "with" Him and to minister TO Him. I came to develop a friendship. You don't develop very good friendships if the only time you go to that friend you have a problem. It has to be give and take -- not just take. (I did pray when I had needs, but not during this time. Also as I developed my friendship with God I also found my prayers began to be answered more quickly because my faith worked the best it had ever worked. Faith works by love and as I grew in confidence that God loved me everything just seemed to begin working.) Above all I would EXPECT Him to "show up" and manifest Himself to me because His Word says "Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you." In other words, I used my faith. And faith pleases God. (James 4:8, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.") I would even speak this scripture to the Lord and tell Him that I was drawing near to Him and I knew that He would honor His word to me, and draw near to me too. And do you know what? He did! I began experiencing the manifest presence of God every day during my quiet times. In fact, I had a set time each day, and when I would go to sit down I began to notice after a period of time that the Lord was already there waiting for me. Also, I began to recognize His presence in my life like never before. How awesome it was! It got to where, I would sit down at the time I had our "appointment" set, and immediately I would be in His presence. That's when the word of God began to open up to me like never before, and I began to develop my spiritual ears to hear the voice of the Lord. It's also when I began to overflow in dreams and visions. I'd always had dreams from time to time, but since this time of drawing near it is rare for me not to have them nightly and sometimes several in a night. I began to understand the scripture, "Be still and know that I am God." To this day I value my quiet time with the Lord. I have found that it is the place where I am filled up to be able to go through life victoriously. The Word of God says, "In God's presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore!" I began to experience this. I found that my joy level shot through the roof and I got so much stronger. To this day if I need strength, I press into the presence of God and get my joy fill and all of a sudden I feel like a new person. God has promised in His word that if we seek Him, He will be found by us when we seek Him with our whole hearts. If you will begin to do this, you won't have to concentrate on "quitting" anything. IT will quit you! You will find that your desires change because God becomes your only desire and He will place His desires for your life in your heart and you'll begin to be on the same page with God. Then I'd be willing to bet that it won't be long before God begins to reveal to you His plan concerning your future spouse! God is so good and He wants you to experience this wonderful treasure that He has created for our enjoyment -- marriage. I have been married for 12 years and it has been the best time of my life. So, I know what I'm talking about. I fasted and prayed concerning my husband and God has been so good to me. I know that He will do the same for you too! I hope this helps. There is no condemnation. God has made a way of escape for every temptation and I believe that as you press into Him you will find your "escape hatch."

Thanks Sandra...you have blessed my soul!!! This is something for me to keep for reference. I LOVED the part about developing the "friendship" and setting THAT time for just enjoying Him without going to Him with all of the "junk of the day".

Your response has made me thirsty for MORE of Him.

This is in a topic many may not read. I think the part about drawing near the Lord .Really help full and worth printing, else where maybe under a topic called worship. sunshine

Jadams, you spoke to my heart as well. I have a lot of sin issues not nearly as bad as Viles (but it used to be) and also other sin issues as well, mainly things I do in anger. I know about grace and mercy but I always forget what it means. You spoke grace and mercy so perfectly that I thank Father Yahweh

As a fellow catholic, if you awaken and your mind is still in dream mode, it is not your doing in sin but if you from then consciously partake, then it becomes sin. Pray and seek council from your pastor and the easiest way for that is to go to confession, even regularly. God still loves us even when we fall but He does have expectations and as catholics, we are to go to Him as He's made provision, in reconciliation. I'd encourage you today! Be well and never give up. Get back up each and every time.