Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjtorrence

Prosperity Tithing

I just wanted to add that I had a dream about giving tithes and offerings after I had never really given much to the church. An angel appeared to me in a dream and told me that its blessed to sow money into the Kingdom, not long after this a Minister preached a message that was spot on with my dream.

Tithing came before the Law of Moses, and I personally believe that tithing is a spiritual law established in Gods spiritual Kingdom, that does open up more opportunity for believers to recieve.

I believe its a blessing to be able to sow money into Gods Kingdom, and I do believe God blesses us for it, when we sow money into his kingdom cheerfully with the right motives and attitude. And I don't think theres anything wrong to expect to recieve from God for giving, because the word does say in Malachi 3:10, that he will open the windows of heaven and pour out such blessing there will not be enough room to recieve it.

@ John7 - :goodpost:

Where I think the group tends to have differing views is on this issue but also what happens if we don't tithe via 10% of our income but also instead tithe our time, talent, and resources - are we cursed or do we not experience God's best or nothing happens? This thread as well as another one that I think Connie (aka Dove Solutions) posted in an earlier post in this thread produced some lively/passionate discussions around this piece.... flower

I see that this discussion has went on to four pages wow yet I have something to say I was driving and I turned into the Christian radio station and guess who was on there and guess what the person was talking about yep your right tithing so I listened and it was J Vernon McGee and he was saying that the tithe was the old law and since Jesus came abolished the old law by shedding his blood that we didn't have to tithe and we could give offerings and give what is put in our hearts, then that night I had a dream and in the dream the number 16 was there and that represents freedom, under salvation; so I believe I got my answer and more yet i will continue to tithe out of obedience to the Lord yet I do like what lola stated I think we can tithe our time too I am in the ministry of helps at church and I tithe alot of my time to the work of the Lord.

You know, ultimately I think every Christian has to seek the Lord on this matter individually and do what they feel the Holy Spirit is leading them to do....I was involved in a budget counseling ministry at one point and that's the final answer that we gave counselees. Seek the Lord and obey what He tells you. flower

MJ, I have learned to ask God what he wants me to put in his house and I allow myself to be lead by the spirit to do so. Be strong in the Lord and the power of his might put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. This scripture came to mind as I was strolling through the posts 1 Peter 5:6-10 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.
Casting all your care upon him for he careth for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your advesary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath calledus unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered for a while, make you perfect, stablish, strenghten, settle you.
Continue to pray for your leader because the enemy will use whomever to try to shake your faith and if you and your husband were being disobidient then the devil would not bother you. Give God praise in ALL things and GOD BLESS.

MJ..sorry you were hurt, I have been emotionally hurt (when my heart was right )also (at church and at my work) the devil will use whomever he can to stop your joy to shake you from the good you are doing in Christ Jesus. God sees your heart and I would encourage you to continue on in the good you have been doing, as the Lord leads,and not to let the weakness of man (in the flesh) hamper your obedience to God (as you are in the Spirit). Certainly not to say I am judging him nor you or any other person as we all are hopelessly flawed without the grace of Christ and are guilty of slipping into sin and selfishness occasionally. Praise God for His grace!

Following Christ makes waves into the darkness ~ we war against principalities and powers in high places....not man, what you have been through is a confirmation that in Christ in you is making those waves...(or you wouldnt have been under attack in the first place. I dont believe the enemy bothers with the luke warm Christian....he's already got them right where he wants them...he goes after the Spirit filled believers who walk in His way. So be encouraged...God Bless

Hello, everyone!

The last post I made in this thread was an emoticon representing me going into further reading and studying the word concerning this topic before I responded again. Needless to say, it has taken this long because I have not been faithful to the study. I haven’t been consistent. Yes, I started the day of my last post but I didn’t continue in the study so I haven’t completed it. However, I found something the first day I posted my last reply that I knew I was going to have to post when I finished my study. Being that it has taken so long for me to really commit and complete my study, I feel led to post it now as I continue with my study which I have started AGAIN…Prayerfully, I will commit to it and complete it. Not just to post, but for me…for ME to know why I believe what I believe for myself – anyway…

I just want to retract something I said in this thread, I believe it was, but I KNOW I mentioned it in the other thread concerning the promises of Abraham in the OT being done away with if we are no longer under the law. (I think I’m going to just post this comment in both places just to be on the safe side.) That can’t and will not be done according to Galatians 3:16-18. 16 “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, AND TO THY SEED, which is Christ.” 17 “And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.” 18 “For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.”

Okay…back to my study!

'there is a lot of meat on this study in tithing....and grace. I am coming back again at a time of leisure...when I can digest this all in Gods spirit. I am so blessed to be a part of this site, there is so much food and so much passoin for our King. Back soon. love you all. Linda

I am so thankful and grateful to everyone that shared their thoughts on this subject as it had me overwhelmed yet I have learned a lot from each post, it helps me also to dig deeper into the word of God to find the answers huggins