Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quick_sand08

Does God give signs

Over the past couple of months I have been asking God for signs and I have received them. Some people say that it is just a coincidince but I don't believe that. Any thoughts on this? scratching chin

I think God does give signs, which will always line up with the word of course! the pitfall with asking for signs though is that if you are not seeking after God with all your heart then you can be deceived. i have found in the past when i really want something that bad, all the signs seem to be there but as i press into God sometimes i lose the desire for whatever it is that i wanted a sign for.

BelovedoftheLord wrote:I think God does give signs, which will always line up with the word of course! the pitfall with asking for signs though is that if you are not seeking after God with all your heart then you can be deceived. i have found in the past when i really want something that bad, all the signs seem to be there but as i press into God sometimes i lose the desire for whatever it is that i wanted a sign for.

I agree.
He gives signs, but it should not be a goal. Let the Holy Spirit guide you, He will always agree with His Word.
But yes God may give signs, like He amay give prophecies, greams, visions. But even if someone does not have these, that person is not less. There is the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit is ready to guide all the children of God who let's Him do it.

For others maybe asign may be coincidence, but it may be a sign for you.
For example it often happens that I see one or two little sparrows, that always make me remember that God takes care of us and we have nothing to worry about. Some may say it's coincidence, but it isn't.

Blessings.
Edith