Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWhiteShadow

Jumping For The Basement Light, Throwing A Towel

I went down into my basement. I was amazed at how open it was, and it seemed to be longer than it actually is. It was dark, but I could still see. I went to turn on a light by pulling a cord. Thing is, I felt that I had to jump to grab the cord...even though I could easily extend my arm to reach it. Instead, I held my arm close to my chest and jumped at the cord. I jumped once and missed...but this jump revealed to me that I was jumping in slow-motion. I was like, "Ah ha!" and I jumped again, also in slow motion, but with my own expectation of it happening. With that, I turned the light on.

I could now see clearly, and I was pleased to see these brown, sturdy bricks that were used as my walls. Now, from there, I pulled a towel out of my dryer. I knew that my stepbrother was going to be coming downstairs, and I was going to throw the towel at him to scare him...even though I really didn't expect to scare him, because he doesn't get scared. The lights were off, again, and he walked down the stairs. I waived the towel in front of the bottom of the stairs, but he hadn't reached that point, yet. He didn't see it, but I felt like my attempt was too too soon and that I had messed up my chance. He reached the bottom, and I may have thrown it...but, as expected, he wasn't scared, and I thought it was because he knew it was coming.

Do you think this is about something in your future or is it about something going on in your heart now?

The first part, if it's a symbolic message, I would say the first part is that your doing something the hard way even though you realize there is a better way to do it.

The rest, I haven't a clue.

This dream keeps returning to my thoughts, but I honestly don't know if it's for now or later. I suppose that since I don't know where it applies right now, that it must be for the future...

The part that keeps coming to mind is the slow-motion jump for the light switch cord.

For the 2nd half, I think that my stepbrother is literal. I haven't seen him much, lately. However, in a few weeks we'll begin working together for the following month. I've been wondering how that's going to go...