Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

fire at a fire station

I dreamed my husband was thinking of having a family reunion in a nearby city at a fire station. He and his brother and I were just checking out the facility, seeing if it were appropriate--if there were enough space, etc. No firefighters or trucks or any equipment were there.

Anyway, a fire broke out in the corner of a meeting room. My husband and his brother were trying to put the fire out and I called 911 because the flames were so horrendous. I got a hold of a 911 operator right away and told her about the fire and where we were. I remember saying the fire station was next to a Holiday Inn on the south side of town. The guys somehow contained the fire using a generator they rebuilt (?) I tried calling 911 again for the next half hour to tell the operator we had stopped the fire. I never got through and the fire trucks never came.

In real life, this town has grown dramatically in the last few years and rescue personnel are being maxed out trying to meet the challenges of a growing population. I remember being afraid for this town in my dream.

After I posted this, I looked in the local paper and this town I referenced in my dream is hosting the State Fire School this weekend.

Years ago I was waiting in my vehicle in a parking lot in this town we're talking about and I saw in the spirit military tanks rolling down the streets. Otherwise, the streets were abandoned. There were fires and smoke everywhere and a feeling of fear hovered over the city like a cloud. I used to fight a feeling of inferiority when I'd go to this town until I learned to fight it in the spirit before I knew I'd be there. I will continue to pray for this town because I know something's up which I think goes above and beyond a lack of firefighters and emergency medical technicians.