Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luli

Dying Rooster

I was in a house that had some similarities to my own, but it wasn't exactly my house. It had a feel to it like I was only there temporarily, like it belonged to someone else and I may have been watching it. And yet, there was still the feeling that it was mine at the same time.

From inside the house, I looked out an upstairs window. In the yard/driveway was a large rooster - maybe 3-4' from head to tail. The thing wasn't acting right - I knew it was dying. It also looked a bit rough, clearly in bad health. It had this worn look to it. There were other roosters in the yard searching for food, and they all looked well. I'm not a chicken person, but they were pretty looking birds within the dream. I felt bad for the dying one. It no longer looked good like the other ones. It ate a little of something, which was good to see. Still, it wasn't going to save it or anything. I continued to watch as it moved around the yard with the others.

Sitting on a table near the window was a small, metal statue of a rooster. It was made out of thin wire, but the wires made a solid figure. A few strands of this wire had fallen off/out of the statue and were laying on the tabletop beneath it. I continued to look at the statue and a desire to touch the head of it began to grow in me. And yet, I was conflicted about this, because I also became aware that this metal statue had life in it. Sure enough, I went to "pet" it on the head, and the statue moved a little in response to my touch. It wasn't like I gave it life or anything like that, though. I only touched it for a moment, though. I want to say that the statue "liked" it.

Now I headed downstairs to the main level of the house. This is where the building resembled my home and someone else's - the layout reminded me of my old pastor's house.  I was standing where I could see the front door down a hallway. So, it was like I was in their kitchen. Just like in their home, from the front door you could come straight to where I was, or you could pass around through the dining area. Well, the front door was open with just the windowed screen door closed. I could see 3 or 4 people outside, and I knew that this was headed to trouble. They all let themselves in, and now a confrontation was going to take place.

In the group, I remember an ex being included.  In real life, she was the daughter of the pastors mentioned above.  I was in a bit of disbelief to see her and to know that she was associated with the others.  Also in the group was a guy from work named Will. When the group entered, they split apart - one or two coming directly at me, and the other headed off through the other rooms that connected to where I was. They were raiding the house for something.

I wasn't going down without a struggle. One of the guys in the group was a large fellow - clearly there to be the brawn for the group. He grabbed and held me, and there was little I could do in spite of my struggling. They weren't exactly there to harm me, though - just to take something. Will came around to me as I struggled, and without a word he showed me what they had come there for: He held up one of the metal strands from the rooster statue that was laying on the table earlier. When I saw it, I yelled at him saying, "Why don't you take the whole thing, then?!" But, they weren't there for the whole statue - just that piece.

I continued to struggle, and another man came up to me with a ring on his finger that I knew was able to stun me - tazer-like. He reached out his hand to do so, and I expected the shock from it. I was determined to resist, though. Even though the brawny guy had me held, I had a free arm. I reached out and grabbed the man's fist with the ring, like I was blocking a punch. He began trying to stun me with his ring, and I felt the stinging, but I was able to overpower the attack that was supposed to make me lose control of my body. In the dream, even I couldn't quite believe that I was that strong. It was more of a willpower strength than a physical one. The dream ends with the struggle with these two men. Will (and the ex, presumably) had left with the metal strand.

i havnt read the whole drm 😞but wundered if it was about dominant pewrson in ur life ,,like a boss or sumthing, Scratch Chin,,alpha male type personality that is diminishing,, bandaid