Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chun@2248

Ferry Trip

I had a very vivid dream of being in/getting into a car on a ferry that was about to leave and/or cross a body of water. I was not driving the car but was climbing into/riding in the back seat.

In my waking life I had some major changes several months ago, that were not of my own making. As of now, there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the next immediate phase/step of my life.

Thanks for any insight ahead of time

Hello, judgehopkins -

When I dream that I'm in my car, that usually tells me that the dream relates to something going on right now - or, will happen in the very near future - in my waking life. I feel that your dream relates to where you are right now.

You stated that you've faced some major changes and that you're currently in a place of uncertainty. In your dream, you were in the backseat of your car, which (to me) reinforces that you are not in control of what's taking place. You're a passenger - along for the ride, so to speak.

Crossing a body of water can also represent this change you're going through. Beneath the surface is uncertainty, and on the other side of the water is a new place - separate from where you left.

Here's what I see as the positive part of the dream - or the promise in it: Yes, you were in your vehicle and not in control. However, you didn't have to see to it that you crossed the water. A means was already provided (the ferry), and you don't have to do anything to reach its destination. If I had a similar dream, I would try to rest in the fact that you're being ferried through this season of your life. You'll eventually reach the other side.